Hello from Brooklyn, New York

anthonyr

Registered
Reaction score
This being my first post, I hope I don't break any rules. In 2009 at the ripe age of 53, I decided to try my hand at writing short stories. I picked up a pen and pad and wrote, then I transfered the scribble to my computer. I showed some family members my work, then I posted stories on fictionpress.com and got more encouragement and feedback. Today, I'm happy and amazed to say I've had some success getting published in online magazines:

"Blood Brothers" Raphael's Village Magazine
"Best Friend" Raphael's Village Magazine
"Clay Feet" Slow Trains Literary Journal
"Fathers and Sons" Grapevine Magazine
"Nowhere Man" Amazon Kindle Direct

I write this hoping someone out there ( no matter what age) will be inspired to follow their dream... and start writing and keep writing.

Nekko

Back to purring
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gericopitch.com
Welcome, welcome!
Congrats on your success to date!

Don't worry overmuch about 'breaking rules'. Most people here are a forgiving bunch, so long as you don't break them repeatedly, or respond poorly to having your faux pas pointed out.

Biggest newbie mistake: asking to have someone beta read your work when you've only been a member a short time and haven't contributed much to the forum in other threads.

Hope to see you around the cooler!

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

Nickie

Not too old to learn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nickiefleming.com
Hello there Anthony, and welcome to AW. I was also past 50 when I had the courage to present my first novel to a publisher. Since then I'm the author of 5 published works. So yes, one should never give up dreams!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

anthonyr

Registered
Reaction score
Hello there Anthony, and welcome to AW. I was also past 50 when I had the courage to present my first novel to a publisher. Since then I'm the author of 5 published works. So yes, one should never give up dreams!

This is so cool! Congrats!!!

anthonyr

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, welcome!
Congrats on your success to date!

Don't worry overmuch about 'breaking rules'. Most people here are a forgiving bunch, so long as you don't break them repeatedly, or respond poorly to having your faux pas pointed out.

Biggest newbie mistake: asking to have someone beta read your work when you've only been a member a short time and haven't contributed much to the forum in other threads.

Hope to see you around the cooler!

Thanks for the great advice.

A S Abrams

Bananas are my favorite animal
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, anthonyr.

Welcome. Congratulations on your success! I hope to see you around the Water Cooler.

A S Abrams