• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Keating Literary LLC

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Done. :) (copied from Endeavor Agency)

SJWangsness

An unknown known
Registered
Reaction score
Website still "under construction." Agent Query says she handles "Celebrity/Memoir" (and that's it). She's Kathy Griffin's agent. (!) Doesn't accept unsolicited queries.

So I guess she'll work out for you if you're a celebrity and she asks to see your memoir!

alias octavia

smooshed
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't take that information at face value.

I queried her on my literary novel and got a very gracious, kind rejection. I plan to query her on my next book. She is top notch.

emily53

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I just had a manuscript request from Ms. Keating and I am wondering how long she took to get back to you? Also did she ask for a full or partial? Anything you can share would be great! Thanks! Emiiy

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
Hi, I queried Keating Literary back on 10/18/09, and received a request 12/08 for the first 10 pages, and then today, 12/09, for the entire mss, which is "narrative fiction". However, I could not find any mention of deals on Publisher's Marketplace from 2000 onward. I will ask, if this moves forward.

Zsuzsi

Registered
Reaction score
Maddie,

TK has only been an agent for about a year plus and on her own for less than six months. And there have been some deals announced during this period, one as recent as October,2009.

She was, however, a well established, editor-in-chief of Dutton and other presses for a decade prior to that. Great to have the full requested after the partial. I wish you well. You'd have done very well, indeed, if you land this agent. Keep us posted.

Last edited:

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
PM shows three deals for Trena Keating - two non-fiction (3/03 & 2/23/09), and one fiction (10/23/09). If she's been on her own recently, it appears she's off to a reasonable start. Let's hope....

Zsuzsi

Registered
Reaction score
I'd say GREAT start considering all three were major deals, especially in this market. I am filled with hope...

Good luck to you and everyone else waiting to hear back from this agency.

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
A great start? That's putting it mildly. Her deal for Kathy Griffin's memoir was $2 million at auction. At Penguin, then Dutton, she was the kind of editor agents *hoped* would answer their calls. (For example, per FB, she counts Scott Waxman and Jenny Bent as "friends.")

shinta

Registered
Reaction score
A friend has had some interest from this agency. Just checking to see if anyone has had recent experience dealing with them.

BooksandGreenTea

Registered
Reaction score
Trena Keating

She requested my ms and ultimately rejected me but she gave me some really great feedback that I've incorporated into my work. Very classy.

She does take a while to respond though...

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Merged with Brick House in July '12 to form Union Literary (new thread here).

Last edited: