• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Laura Langlie Agency

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
I've not worked with her but I'm familiar with the name. She has quite a number of deals posted on Publishers Marketplace and is listed as Meg Cabot's agent. The projects sold are in the following areas--

Fiction: Mystery/Crime ; Children's; Fiction: General/Other; Young Adult ;Women's/Romance; Film rights; Non-fiction; Television rights

Prawn

Writing is finite,revising infinite
Registered
Reaction score
No news might be some news for someone: I e-mailed Laura my query at 11:50, she e-mailed back at 2:23 saying my project wasn't right for her. Pretty fast turn around time, I'd say.

Reactions: MaeZe

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
She's definitely legit. A friend's friend has Langlie as his agent, and he praises her all the time. I sent her a query, got a polite form rejection in less than two weeks.

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody found YA writers that are represented by Laura Langlie besides Meg Cabot?

Prickly Pear

Registered
Reaction score
I've heard she's generally quick, but she's had my full for several months. I've pretty much assumed rejection and moved on.

Back when I was researching her, I got the impression she has a fairly eclectic list.

Reactions: capricornair

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
Query rejection in 4 minutes....

it was kind of exciting, actually. So fast...

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
A snippet on Mediabistro:
Name:Laura Langlie, literary agent
Number of agents: One
Number of clients: 35
Notable clients: Jessica Benson, Meg Cabot, Mignon F. Ballard, Joan Druett, Jack El-Hai, Sarah Elliott, Melanie Lynne Hauser, Robin Hathaway, Mary Hogan, Lauren Lipton, Leslie Margolis, Jonathan Neale, Delia Ray, Cheryl L. Reed, and Jennifer Sturman.
Amount of unsolicited material accepted: 5 percent
Fiction vs. nonfiction: 75 percent fiction, 25 percent nonfiction

-Barbara

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
My full has been with her for over two months. Anyone know her average response time for fulls, and does anyone have any suggestions on when I should status query? I want to make sure she got it.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
My full has been with her for over two months. Anyone know her average response time for fulls, and does anyone have any suggestions on when I should status query? I want to make sure she got it.

You should always send requested material with delivery confirmation.

Provrb1810meggy

Registered
Reaction score
It's a little too late for delivery confirmation now, though. It's been over two months, but then again, it's the summer. I should probably wait until September.

lkp

Registered
Reaction score
Delivery confirmation will tell you it got to the mailroom. It might not even be the agency mailroom; it might be the building mailroom. It won't tell you it reached the agent's desk. I'm not sure it's worth the money.

Hope you'll hear good news soon prvb! I am in that whole "are they slow because it is summer, or because they decided they hate it so much they can't bear to tell me hw awful it is" mode too and it is not pleasant.

ExposingCorruption

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Delivery confirmation will tell you it got to the mailroom. It might not even be the agency mailroom; it might be the building mailroom. It won't tell you it reached the agent's desk. I'm not sure it's worth the money.

Writersmarket.com has her address as 239 Carroll St. "Garden Apartment," Brooklyn, NY 11231. Agentquery.com states that her "old address" is 275 President Street, "Apt. 3," Brooklyn, NY 11231.

I don't think that there is an "agency mailroom" or a "building mailroom."

Last edited:

LoisLane

Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.llmetropolis.com
Laura Langlie

*claps* Ms. Langlie has requested a partial of my ms. I'm so excited that I needed to tell somebody and as I am alone in my pre/post-Communism bedroom in Praha, I decided to post it here. :)

I equeried her two days ago and she just emailed from a book fair in Italy telling me when to send it. I reworked my query this week (with the help of the folks at AQ--I just signed up here) and this has made all the frustration worthwhile. It's just a partial but I must celebrate the baby steps because it will lead to running, jumping and leaping!! YAY!

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
*claps* Ms. Langlie has requested a partial of my ms. I'm so excited that I needed to tell somebody and as I am alone in my pre/post-Communism bedroom in Praha, I decided to post it here. :)

I equeried her two days ago and she just emailed from a book fair in Italy telling me when to send it. I reworked my query this week (with the help of the folks at AQ--I just signed up here) and this has made all the frustration worthwhile. It's just a partial but I must celebrate the baby steps because it will lead to running, jumping and leaping!! YAY!

Many congratulations! I'll say a prayer that she loves your work and asks for a full in short order!

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Dobre' den. Jak se mas?

Congrats on getting the partial request and here's hoping for the best!

(Typing Czech would be a lot easier if the hacek was available on the keyboard. *grin*)

LoisLane

Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.llmetropolis.com
Dobre' den. Jak se mas?

Congrats on getting the partial request and here's hoping for the best!

(Typing Czech would be a lot easier if the hacek was available on the keyboard. *grin*)

HAHAHA! Dobre' den! Dejukie (I can't spell it but you know what I am trying to say, I think. LOL.) I am uber excited bc I did just change my query letter based on some critiquing from other sites and am happy with the result so far. Now comes the pins and needles part.:D

TrishD

Registered
Reaction score
Website
trishdoller.com
Laura Langlie is notorious for very fast rejections (mine was 27 minutes from when I hit the send button) so getting a partial request? Well done!!

LoisLane

Registered
Reaction score
Website
blog.llmetropolis.com
Laura Langlie is notorious for very fast rejections (mine was 27 minutes from when I hit the send button) so getting a partial request? Well done!!

Well, if I did anything right, it's the first time in a long time. LOL. Thanks, though. I don't know if it's standard but she mentioned she was looking forward to reading my work, so I'm floating on that too, even if she does say it to everyone. I'm new here, so while others have surely congratulated you I haven't...kudos on your 2009 release! YAY! How grand!