• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Submission service] Equery Direct

nikand28

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was wondering, is Equery Direct a worthy investment. It sounds really good. And I am considering using them. I just wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with them. Thank you in advance for any info.

Cathy C

Ooo! Shiny new cover!
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cathyclamp.com
I'd be cautious of these direct marketing sites. Several of them are nothing more than spam generators. I don't know about this one SPECIFICALLY, but you might take a look at this link from the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers "Writer Beware" about such services. (Drop down about the middle of the page for "Query & Submission Services." There's one listing for a company called "Equery Online" which might be a previous incarnation of the service you reference here.

Anyone else have any information about this one?

JanDarby

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like a spam generator to me, too. Generally, this sort of scattershot approach isn't doing anyone any good. It clutters up the inboxes of the agents and costs the writer money that could be better spent on researching the right agent for a project.

I thought Miss Snark had addressed this basic issue, except for a site sending queries to fiction agents, rather than screenwriting agents, but I couldn't find it. The closest I came was an entry dealing with a site that would generate a "standard" query letter, which is a different issue, although it probably reflects an agent's reaction to this kind of scattershot approach to sending out queries without tailoring them to the recipient's preferences.

JD