• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Fine Line Publishing

PVish

Cat hair collector
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peevishpen.blogspot.com
Googling didn't yield much info

One web site (http://www.kazor.com/businessPR/Pandora's%20Game.htm), discussing a book to be released by fine Line in 2001, gives this info:
Julianna* Smith* Publisher*
Fine Line Publishing Co. Inc.*
*P.O. Box 502*
Vinton Va : 24179*
1-888-643-6600*
1-703-991-1386*
*[email protected]**
www.fine-linepc.com**

However the website isn't for a publisher. And they're not in the 2005 Roanoke Phone Book. The 703 area code changed to 540 several years ago. Googling the phone number produced nothing.

Googling, however, produced this:
Apparently they've done two books in 2001 by Christopher Andrews—"Pandora's Game is scheduled to be released September 5, 2001 by Fine Line Publishing Co. Inc. Dream Parlor has a current release date of September 10, 2001. Both novels will also be available at the official Fine Line website at www. Fine-LinePC.com by phone, fax, website or email and will be available at many online bookstores, including Amazon.com and BN.com. It will also be available in bookstores around the United States and Canada. The author will be holding signings at bookstores in California into the year 2002."

At http://www.denisemclark.com/scifirevdatapg3.html, the following books get very good reviews:

Paranormals
By Christopher Andrews
A Fine Line Book – 2002
ISBN: 0-9713553-8-x
www.fine-linepc.co

Dream Catcher II:
The Circle
By Julianne Smith
Fine Line Publishing Co. – 2001
ISBN: 0-9713553-3-9

On the same page are a couple of reviews for PublishAmerica books and a couple for Tor books, as well as a few others.

It appears that Fine Line is/was a science ficition publisher. Although I'm from the area, I've never heard of it, though.

OneTeam OneDream

Been a long time...
Registered
Reaction score
PVish said:
One web site (http://www.kazor.com/businessPR/Pandora's%20Game.htm), discussing a book to be released by fine Line in 2001, gives this info:
Julianna* Smith* Publisher*
Fine Line Publishing Co. Inc.*
*P.O. Box 502*
Vinton Va : 24179*
1-888-643-6600*
1-703-991-1386*
*[email protected]**
www.fine-linepc.com**

However the website isn't for a publisher. And they're not in the 2005 Roanoke Phone Book. The 703 area code changed to 540 several years ago. Googling the phone number produced nothing.

Googling, however, produced this:
Apparently they've done two books in 2001 by Christopher Andrews—"Pandora's Game is scheduled to be released September 5, 2001 by Fine Line Publishing Co. Inc. Dream Parlor has a current release date of September 10, 2001. Both novels will also be available at the official Fine Line website at www. Fine-LinePC.com by phone, fax, website or email and will be available at many online bookstores, including Amazon.com and BN.com. It will also be available in bookstores around the United States and Canada. The author will be holding signings at bookstores in California into the year 2002."

At http://www.denisemclark.com/scifirevdatapg3.html, the following books get very good reviews:

Paranormals
By Christopher Andrews
A Fine Line Book – 2002
ISBN: 0-9713553-8-x
www.fine-linepc.co

Dream Catcher II:
The Circle
By Julianne Smith
Fine Line Publishing Co. – 2001
ISBN: 0-9713553-3-9

On the same page are a couple of reviews for PublishAmerica books and a couple for Tor books, as well as a few others.

It appears that Fine Line is/was a science ficition publisher. Although I'm from the area, I've never heard of it, though.

As we've talked about Vinton is actually where my story takes place, but it appears this publisher is out of business. Thanks for the info. I will, just out of curiousity, try the 888 number tomorrow morning. I remember when 703 changed to 540, but the 991 prefix has never been a Vinton number. Weird.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
They were listed for a time as a small press, but with an expired domain and nothing published after 2002, I agree they're kaput. Alas.