• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agent] Aragi, Inc. (Nicole Aragi)

macandal

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had any experience with Nicole Aragi? If so, do you care to share? Thanks.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
No personal experience, but she's repped some big deals for some big names.

netwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had any experience with Nicole Aragi? If so, do you care to share? Thanks.

Queried her not long ago. Assistant said she is not looking for clients at all anymore. Her website still lists an email address for queries, though.

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
She gets a fairly impressive mention here.
And in another article on the Demise of the Midlist (dooomity-dooom!) she appears again : "Nicole Aragi, the superagent-of-the-moment who brokered Jonathan Safran Foer’s handsome payday. Aragi embodies the blockbuster mentality better than most. She claims not to bother with midlist clients and takes on at most one or two new authors a year, and then only the superhot (she also represents Junot Díaz). Winning Aragi’s approval in itself is a benediction of sorts."
She's also one of the agents interviewed here, which might give an idea of what she would be like to work with.
All of which is moot if she's closed to queries, though.

-Barbara

bunderful

Registered
Reaction score
I queried on Jan 25 was rejected 24 hours later stating:
"Thank you for your interest in working with Aragi Inc. Sadly, however, Nicole Aragi has a full client list and is not taking on new work at the moment.
We wish you the best of luck in securing another agent."

Signed by an assistant. At least they responded!

Dave Veri

Registered
Reaction score
a query to Nicole Aragi

I sent a query to Nicole Aragi on November 15th. I got a request for a full manuscript today, so she still considers queries. Perhaps she is trying to cut down on the amount of queries by saying she's not taking new clients.

nadja1972

on submission
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrisandberg.com
Congratulations on the request, Dave! Just curious - did you include any sample pages with your query?

Dave Veri

Registered
Reaction score
Uh-oh, no go.

Thanks for the encouragement. And though she read it right away, she ultimately decided not to represent. A very nice rejection letter, but still formulaic. Good question: Yes, I pasted in the first five pages of the manuscript into the email.
What's next?

nadja1972

on submission
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrisandberg.com
Sorry about the rejection, Dave. She's about the most selective agent there is, so don't be too discouraged. Sounds like you have something really special on your hands - best of luck with it.

And thanks for the info. I'll send her 5 pgs with my query.

mbowman

Registered
Reaction score
I queried her on March 10th, and she asked to see a full but only if she is allowed an exclusive (damnit--hate it when that happens, but I understand why they do it) so she is indeed taking on new clients.

MookyMcD

I go to eleven
Registered
Reaction score
Website
michaeljmcdonagh.wordpress.com
Queried about two weeks ago. Got a very nice note apologizing for the delay (apparently they are renovating their offices) and asking for a full. Seems like the best of both worlds, unbelievable powerhouse who is also laid back and personable.

NashSingh

Registered
Reaction score
Queried via E mail with synopsis May 17, 2015
Full request June 9
E mail rejection (non-formulaic but quick and supportive) six days later

LindaSW

Registered
Reaction score
Website
linda-leftbrainwrite.blogspot.com
Anyone here work with Duvall Osteen at Aragi? I met her informally at a writing conference this past June, queried her in September with the first 3 chapters, and surprisingly, just received a full request. It's a dynamite agency--I'm still swooning :)