• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Job listing] freelance-home-writers.com / homefreelancewriters.info

jwallace

Registered
Reaction score
http://freelance-home-writers.com
http://freelance-home-writers.com

Comes off as kindof a scam. Nothing seems to work unless you put in your email address.

Ahh, the old trick...get that mailing list padded out the easy way. Good eye for the games! Of course, you could always start a gmail account for the spam and have a look around. That's one of my favorite counter-spam tricks. My favorite is the one I never got around to registering:

"[email protected]"

or "[email protected]"

Heh.

jwallace

Registered
Reaction score
100% Pure Hyperbole

I entered an email addy for laughs at the previously mentioned website. Check out THIS breathless prose:

"You're just minutes away from making great, easy money from the comfort of your home, just from writing simple articles, easy blog posts, or (if you want the really BIG bucks) by writing short fiction and non-fiction stories... Thousands of smart people just like you are are already brining in an easy $1,000, $2,000...even as much as $5,000 every single week just by doing this easy writing in their spare time...and now it's your turn!"

Unquote.

Well, DAMN, what am I wasting my time doing all this WORK for? Clearly I am in the wrong end of the writing business. I just called all my editors and told them to sod off, I've got THIS cash cow to see to now! WH00T!

Potluck

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
"Only 8 articles a day." holy crap!

jwallace

Registered
Reaction score
No, wait, it GETS BETTER:

"Get Started Today For JUST only $2.95!
The special low price will be ending soon so hurry and take advantage of this discount offer!"

Drop EVERYTHING! RUN!

Sorry. I can't stop myself today.

Button

Resident in Question
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.calissaleigh.com
I had a good laugh over their FAQ page: http://www.freelance-home-writers.com/faqs.html
Why do these sorts of "deals" always include so many exclamation points?

I love how the first question is:

How do I know this isn't a scam?
Answer: Absolutely not! We wouldn't be able to do business online very long if we were only here to blindly take your money and leave you high and dry. We've been online for nearly 6 years now and are very proud to be legit!

Date of domain creation, according to WhoIs:
29 Aug 2007

;)

SouthernFriedJulie

Hidin' the bodies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
blacklabelbooks.blogspot.com
I love how the first question is:

How do I know this isn't a scam?

Answer: Absolutely not! We wouldn't be able to do business online very long if we were only here to blindly take your money and leave you high and dry. We've been online for nearly 6 years now and are very proud to be legit!

Date of domain creation, according to WhoIs:
29 Aug 2007

;)
:roll:

jwallace

Registered
Reaction score
Too Legit 2 Quit

Yeah, this site has given me a ton of laughs today....I'd blog about how crappy they are except the wind gets taken out of my sails since they don't have an email addy to send my "love" to when I'm done--seems bit of a waste of time since I can't send a personalized "you suck" to them. A "writer beware" on the other hand...

Potluck

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
So do you think this belong in the Beware room?

Potluck

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Here's the email forwarded to me by a friend. It has an email contact for you just incase you would llike to give them your 2 cents worth.

FORWARD:
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 04:24:23 -0500 (EST)
To: p
Subject: Re: Your Work at Home Application

Hello p,

I have just filtered out the perfect work at home job for you
p... This opportunity is for anyone who has an
internet connection & understands English as a first language..
Based upon your request for more information about a work at home
job I can confidently say that your search for work at home employment
is over after visiting the following website

Click Here For More Info

This company is aggressively looking for applicants for the new year.
This is the best time to get started so start off the new year right.

Click Here For More Info

Regards,

Katherine Locke
Work at Home Group Chief Editor
To Unsubscribe From Further Mailings Click Here
P.O. Box 332
Winnebago, IL 61088

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
I entered an email addy for laughs at the previously mentioned website.
I did too, and went all the way to Step 3 (Step 1--LOGIN. Step 2--JOB DESCRIPTION. Step 3--START GETTING PAID!). When I tried to back click from Step 3 to see the previous screen, a little window popped up--supposedly, an IM from someone called Summer--with the following:
Summer Says:HEY WAIT! My name's Summer and on behalf of the team here at Freelance Home Writers I've been authorized to offer you an additional discount so you can start making money for just $1.87(Normally $69.95). That's OVER $65.00 off our original asking price! To take advantage of this one off deal just CLICK HERE

Summer Says:What's more if you aren't 100% satisfied with Freelance Home Writers, simply contact us and we'll send you a prompt refund! And, we'll even let you keep your membership and all the bonuses included!

Summer Says:We're making no secret that this is the NUMBER 1 FREELANCE HOME WRITING JOB ON THE INTERNET. And you can get started RIGHT AWAY for the tiny fee of just $1.87 - just CLICK HERE to get started.
There was more, but I got bored.

- Victoria

CountessaLuna

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.therianwear.com
Internet Writing Scam? or no?

We've all seen sites like this, where they tell you you can make money if you just give them your credit card number and click <here> ...but if they tell you it's only 2.95 (usually scams ask for Alot more) and if you're not satisfied you get your money back. What should one think?

Here's the link:
http://www.freelancehomewriters.com...cid2=902&cid3=0&cid4=False&sid=&stID=69&new=1

All comments welcome!!!

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Looks to me like the Internet version of the well-known work-at-home scheme. You're promised income from something that allows you to work at home--the catch is that you have to buy materials, or a kit, or instructions, in order to get started. From FreelanceHomeWriters' FAQ:

Can you guarantee that I'll make money using your system?
Answer: The simple answer is no. However, I promise you that if you follow our instructions 100%, and do not make money, we will refund your purchase right then and there! Because we're so confident in our system, we have made a 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee.​

More detailed information about what you'll have to pay is here. You can "get started" for the low, low price of $2.95--but watch out. You'll also have to pay a $47 per month membership fee.

And check out the Disclaimer.

I feel a blog post coming on...

- Victoria

snakedoctor

Registered
Reaction score
freelance home writers

as far as they got with me was wasting more than 45 minutes of my morning. i was really intrigued but suspicious when i also noticed grammar problems with their website and suspicious promises... long story short, cause i have real work to do, i noticed no one here had definite experiences or answers to what the deal was... so here is a link to some people that acutally tried it:
http://www.aboutus.org/Freelance-Home-Writers.com
also, if you want to complain, here is their BBB page:
http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/BusinessReport.aspx?CompanyID=92011869
from what i could see, no one has complained there yet... so, pass this along and tell people to do it! this is the first place id' check for a businesses' legitimacy.

hope this helps future investigators of this alleged service!

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
here is their BBB page:
http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/BusinessReport.aspx?CompanyID=92011869
from what i could see, no one has complained there yet... so, pass this along and tell people to do it! this is the first place id' check for a businesses' legitimacy.

The BBB is utterly useless as far as filtering out writing scams. I know of frauds who were still A-Okay with the BBB on the same day the cops were in their offices boxing up everything to use as evidence.

gophergrrrl

Been a while but I've returned...
Registered
Reaction score
freelance home writers dot com?

I keep getting mail from them in my junk folder, but out of curiousity, I just had to ask if anyone had ever heard of them.

Edit: Ok, sorry I didn't find this thread before posting mine. I think I have my answer about freelance home writers.com now! :)

Last edited: