W1S1 Short Fiction 2012--Sign Up Here!

katsincommand

Writer, Not Quitter
VPXVI
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dmbonanno.com
So um, is this being hosted again in 2012? Because you know, I'd very probably sign up again, maybe even for the weekly version...

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
It sure is, Dawn, both on the W1S1 blog and here. The challenge here is continuous, meaning you can sign up whenever you like and keep going as long as you like.

We're also adding a novel component here, too, starting Nov 1. More details here. I also think the W1S1 blog will be adding a novel element to their challenge, too. If they do, we'll be linking to their updates and posts like we do with the short fiction challenge. :)

Lillie

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do things carry over?

Like, a story I wrote this year, if I sell it next year will it still count as W1S1?

I'm in again for the stories. But I don't think I'll be doing a novel.

And isn't the world ending in December 2012, anyway?
I've only got time for shorts :D

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
*nudge* So, who's short fiction W1S1ing in 2012?

I'm hoping to, but probably only one every two months to start with (i revised a couple of shorts written this year the other night, and caught the bug again :D).

Lillie

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ME!!!!

I'm doing it. All year next year :)
And I want to do two stories a month. Or more. But two a month for sure.

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I might be. I want to do one a month at least, but it will all depend on how the noveling challenge goes.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Not me, so far...but I reserve the right to change that later on. :)

Tienci

Lost in the Land of Giants
Registered
Reaction score
Not sure about 2012--this year's was a blast and I'm happy 19 stories (so far) have come out of it.
But doing it again--even as a monthly--might depend on where I find myself in terms of day job next year, plus how intense the novel challenge stuff gets.

Plus, I haven't sold any of this year's stuff yet so honestly, I'm not very motivated to spend all that energy again on short stories. Best I work on my 5 pieces of novel clay in 2012 I think, then get back to shorts in 2013 maybe.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will probably do a monthly rather than a weekly challenge in 2012. I want to work on some longer stories (most of what I've been writing this year has been flash fiction), and eventually a novel.

victoriajakes

let me tell you about my dogs
Registered
Reaction score
Me! Monthly at least. If I get into the fiction writing class at my college, it might be more. I'll probably try to do weekly during the summer. I'm leaving school and my whole life is gonna turn up side down, but hopefully W1S1 will remain a constant.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Methinks this needs to be stickied and the title changed to sign-up lounge or something.

*zips off waving his mod wand*

mfowler76

Speculative Fictioneer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.milojamesfowler.com
Yes indeed, fellow W1S1ers, we're on for 2012, and we've added three fine moderators to the rotation: Madeline Mora-Summonte, Stephanie Loree, and Shelley Ontis.

We won't be adding the novel component, as our primary focus remains the short story, but our weekly updates will definitely include word counts on novel-length projects.

Look for more details next month as we streamline the site a bit, expand our web presence, and update our weekly and monthly badges for 2012.

Hey hey, my my, Write1Sub1 will never die!

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be continuing on as normal, writing one and submitting one a week :) Though at the moment, it looks like I'm on my own with that regime :/

Oh, and I am also on the write 1 Novel challenge, too. Many words to write next year :/

Last edited:

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
I'll be continuing on as normal, writing one and submitting one a week :) Though at the moment, it looks like I'm on my own with that regime :/

Oh, and I am also on the write 1 Novel challenge, too. Many words to write next year :/
Sweet! I reckon you'll have plenty of company. This year, a lot of peeps who signed up to do one or two a month found themselves doing three or four a month instead. :)

mhaynes

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaelhaynes.info
Gosh, it's tempting to sign up for the weekly... But since it's looking like I'm actually going to have a real honest-to-goodness first draft of a novel post-NaNo this year, I'll commit to the monthly regime. I'll almost certainly end up doing more than that, but having the official commitment will hopefully help me if I get tempted to slack off.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Gosh, it's tempting to sign up for the weekly... But since it's looking like I'm actually going to have a real honest-to-goodness first draft of a novel post-NaNo this year, I'll commit to the monthly regime. I'll almost certainly end up doing more than that, but having the official commitment will hopefully help me if I get tempted to slack off.
Yeah, having the commitment is a good thing, most of the time.

Can I get in? Id like to do one a month (Short story).
You sure can! :welcome: along. It's great to have you onboard, Truckin!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Very exciting to be welcoming new people into the fold!

I'm in for one a month, myself. I love writing Flash, but I need to learn how to make longer stories work before I can move on to the novel.

Opinionated Ant

I walk into things
Registered
Reaction score
I'm in for monthly again and hoping to complete EVERY month this time around. Plus, one of my yearly goals is 12 short stories so it works perfectly.

ktbarrow

Registered
Reaction score
I'd like to join. I'm going to go all in and say one a week even though I'm trying the novel one too.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Very exciting to be welcoming new people into the fold!

I'm in for one a month, myself. I love writing Flash, but I need to learn how to make longer stories work before I can move on to the novel.
Sounds like a good plan, Alex. :)

I'm in for monthly again and hoping to complete EVERY month this time around. Plus, one of my yearly goals is 12 short stories so it works perfectly.
Sweet! :e2cheer:

I'd like to join. I'm going to go all in and say one a week even though I'm trying the novel one too.
:welcome: along, ktbarrow! :partyguy:

KitCat

Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

Heya ppls :) I started doing short stories just the past 2 mths and thought I'd look into doing this if I could?