Markets For Religiously Philosophical Essays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
Are there any multi-discipline publications or ezines that focus on topics common to most religions, as life after death or existence of God, and that do so from a philosophical or academic angle, similar to the meditations of Descartes? After learning and expanding views from discussions with one another, in this new forum, perhaps we might submit essays to such pubs; if they exist? ( Always got to have a pragmatic bottomline ;-)

Jenny

Who should be writing ...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've read that exact magazine (it had an article by Andrew Greeley a few years ago), but can't remember what it's called. Maddening. However, a google search under "comparative religion magazine" called up interesting alternatives.

Last edited:

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
did some googling, like you suggested. Came up with this. A poem on the existence of God. Guess the mag would consider essays on the topic and similar ones, as well. If I find other pubs for this sort of market I'll list them here. Please do likewise if you stumble upon any, yerself.

http://leobird.typepad.com/leobird/submission_guidelines/index.html
Consciousness
LBM is fascinated by the phenomenon of consciousness, and is interested in publishing articles that explore the mystery from different angles, whether scientific, philosophical, or contemplative. We invite stories on topics such as the latest neuroscience research developments, philosophical essays on the “mind-body problem," or book reviews of meditation teachings. LBM wants to explore consciousness from both the objective perspective of the brain sciences, and the subjective perspective exemplified by wisdom-traditions such as Zen and Advaita.

Last edited:

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
Are there any multi-discipline publications or ezines that focus on topics common to most religions, as life after death or existence of God, and that do so from a philosophical or academic angle, similar to the meditations of Descartes? After learning and expanding views from discussions with one another, in this new forum, perhaps we might submit essays to such pubs; if they exist? ( Always got to have a pragmatic bottomline ;-)

I'm not sure if they accept articles or not, but there's a site I visit on occasion that is multi-disciplinary and might be of use to you in any case.

The site is www.religioustolerance.org, and I've found it very informative. :)

elvikingo

Registered
Reaction score
Literary agents for spirituality/philosophy

Could someone post a list of literary agents that specialize in spirituality or philosophy? Thank you in advance for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.