• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Ellysian Press

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
No experience with them, but this is what I see:

Strike 1: Their home page is targeted to authors rather than readers.

Strike 2: The images scrolling at the top of the page are really badly rendered (at least on my computer).

Strike 3: They mention that they are naming themselves after the Elysian Fields, but then misspell that in their name. Which is strange.

Only one of those is really and truly a red flag (the first), but the others don't inspire confidence. On the plus side, they are somewhat narrow in the genres they represent. All of speculative fiction is still pretty broad, but manageable (I'd think). On the cover front, some of them are really good, and others aren't. Lastly, they don't seem to have experience in publishing, which is never a great sign.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
A publisher that doesn't know how to spell "Elysian" doesn't exactly inspire confidence...

Dawn Douglas

Registered
Reaction score
I'd assumed that the misspelling of Elysian was done on purpose. But even if it was, most people wouldn't know to spell it their way, which makes the choice to add that extra "l" a fail in the marketing department. It's also impossible to find their location.

Last edited: