The 2011 Winner's Circle

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
It's barely past mid-month, and I notice that some of you have hit 50k already!

So this is for the show-offs to boast, and the rest of us to envy, at least until we make it across the finish line, or produce 50,000 words of fiction, whichever comes first.

So who's already done their quota?

strawberryblondie

Registered
Reaction score
I got to 50k on the 11th and finished the book on the 12th. It felt great, but now I'm so exhausted. Just thinking about writing makes me want to go to sleep.

goddessofthehunt

Queen of inane tangents.
Registered
Reaction score
I hit 50k on the 7th and slowed down for a while. I'm hoping to finish the novel by the end of the month, but the thing keeps growing.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Not me, but fingers crossed for 50K tomorrow. (It'll be a stretch, if so.)

Not sure on THE END. This is the part I didn't outline very well, so I'm figuring it out as I go.

MamaStrong

Registered
Reaction score
I finished 50k and my novel on the 21st. I'm super excited and beyond proud of myself. I finished the jist of the novel on the 21st, but had 10k left to write to get to 50k. So I went back and added lots of detail and boosted up my characters a bit. I'm happy with it.

LilGreenBookworm

I write with crayons.
Registered
Reaction score
I hit 50k last night. My story isn't finished yet, and I know it needs tons of editing, too. I'm estimating a final word count of 85k-ish. :)

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
Literally just crawled past 50k. Can I stop writing now? This has been both my slowest and most difficult NaNo ever.

Time to crawl in bed now. (Don't look at me weird because it's 8 am. I work night shift.)

goddessofthehunt

Queen of inane tangents.
Registered
Reaction score
Just validated to turn my progress bar purple and get access to the winner's goodies :D

EDIT: Winning begins on Nov 25, whenever it begins in your time zone

Sarah G

Let me live that fantasy.
Registered
Reaction score
:hooray:
I just hit 50k!! My story is still going though. Might be a couple more thousand words, maybe about 52k by the time I finish depending how the end goes. Congrats to everyone else!!

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
I get to come hang out in this thread now. Hello everyone!

My story isn't finished yet, but I'm hoping to get through what I need by the end of the month. For now I'm giving myself a new target of 60k, but it might come in under that. I guess I'll find out :)

Rivana

Walks in the shades.
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rivanacreations.com
First year I actually managed to pull through, and with a few days to spare. Now I've got maybe 10-20 000 words left for the novel to be completed. :)

wishflower

blanket fort afficianado
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.q-washburn.com
51k and I'm stopping for the night. My first year doing nano and I'm really glad I won. Still have a bit to go since I'm estimating 75-80k when I'm done, but yay for no more pressure.

Congrats to everyone else who won, and good luck to those who have yet to win!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Sigh. Is it too early to say I'm really going to miss NaNo when it's over? Only a few more days and the madness ends.

Of course, this book won't be done. I'm going to continue my 3k a day goal as I did during this month (my usual is 2k - which will seem like cake when I go back to it.) But I have so much editing to do this next year. I have too many books to edit.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I got to 50k on the 26th this year. I might get to 60k by the end of the month. This counts as taking it relatively easy for me. I got over 100k inside November once, but it left me with mashed potato for a brain, so I swore I'd never try that again.

Composer

Mythotaku
Banned
Reaction score
Hit 50,000 on the 17th, kept going, finished the novel at 80,000 yesterday afternoon. ^_^ (Editing stage commences...now.)

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Sigh. Is it too early to say I'm really going to miss NaNo when it's over? Only a few more days and the madness ends.

Of course, this book won't be done. I'm going to continue my 3k a day goal as I did during this month (my usual is 2k - which will seem like cake when I go back to it.) But I have so much editing to do this next year. I have too many books to edit.

This forum stays open all year, Fairy Girl. You and I can continue to goad each other on until our books are done!

goddessofthehunt

Queen of inane tangents.
Registered
Reaction score
I just finished my novel entirely at 90,635 words (rounded up in my signature :D )

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
This forum stays open all year, Fairy Girl. You and I can continue to goad each other on until our books are done!

yeah... I have NaNo'd for the last year it seems, but there is something special about November NaNo, I think because of the videos and the 30 covers 30 days thing... and suchlot.