Freelance Writers Wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brittany.corners

Registered
Reaction score
Write.com, an online writing community comprised of 26,000 writers, is searching for people with strong writing skills and advanced knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and mechanics.

The Write.com Advantage:

· Work from home - You can work from home, your neighborhood coffee shop or anywhere that affords you internet access.
· 24/7 Access to Writing Jobs - With 24/7 access to available writing jobs, you can write for fun, as a part-time job or as a full-time career.
· Competitive Pay - We pay competitively and have a tiered career system that provides bonuses and higher payments for the best writers.
· Trusted Payment Channel - We provide you with a trusted payment channel through Amazon.com that deposits your payments directly into your account.
· Variety of Writing Topics - Our writing assignments cover a wide variety of topics and categories, allowing you to focus on the topics most conducive to your comfort level and expertise.

To start the application process, take our 15 minutes writing assessment. Please visit: http://www.write.com/landingpage/wr...nce&utm_medium=listing&utm_campaign=freelance

Compensation: Earn $11/article

brittany.corners

Registered
Reaction score
Follow Up

Also, feel free to message me if you have any questions! We are launching 100+ new articles titles to be written each day and are looking for help!

Thanks! :)

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I went to the site but would appreciate a general description of the more common types of writing work and common pay range. Before looking at signing up and doing some kind of test I would like to have some idea about the kind of work/remuneration on offer.

brittany.corners

Registered
Reaction score
veinglory,

Great question! Right now we are looking for writers to write 300+ articles (Dos and Don'ts, Step-by-Step, general Briefings) on topics ranging from recipes, health, stocks, computer repair, parenting, jobs and more! We work through mturk.com so all payment is secure through Amazon. We have 100's of articles that we need written each day and are looking for talented freelance writers. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Last edited:

brittany.corners

Registered
Reaction score
Articles are typically a minimum of 300 words and upon passing our qualification test -compensation is $11/article. Thanks!

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Brittany,

I am interested in this opportunity, but before I go through the application process I have a couple questions.

Just to save me time so I don't have to read every word of the style guide--Is AP style generally what you're looking for? I have a lot of experience with AP style, and I will still give your style guide a quick look. But if I know that's what you're after it will help a lot. :)

Can you explain exactly how the payment process works? I've never heard of getting paid through Amazon. Do they have a program that transfers money directly to your bank account similar to paypal?

Thanks!

brittany.corners

Registered
Reaction score
andiwrite,

Great! Sure thing - we do follow the AP style! Regarding payment - we post our jobs (that we call HITs) on mturk.com which is owned by Amazon. So, if you do not have one already, you will set up an Amazon account so you can attach it to your bank account so you can be paid securely though them. Because our workers are from all over the globe, we use Amazon as a means to ensure our worker’s privacy and trust. You can also read this article for more clarification on how the entire system works: http://www.write.com/become-a-paid-writer/faqs/understanding-the-amazon-payments-system/.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

brittany.corners

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for being so forthcoming in response to questions. It is surprising how rare that is.

Honesty is the best policy, right :) Let me know if anyone has additional questions! I hope you all take the opportunity and submit a sample article - we would love to have you on our team! :)

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
andiwrite,

Great! Sure thing - we do follow the AP style! Regarding payment - we post our jobs (that we call HITs) on mturk.com which is owned by Amazon. So, if you do not have one already, you will set up an Amazon account so you can attach it to your bank account so you can be paid securely though them. Because our workers are from all over the globe, we use Amazon as a means to ensure our worker’s privacy and trust. You can also read this article for more clarification on how the entire system works: http://www.write.com/become-a-paid-writer/faqs/understanding-the-amazon-payments-system/.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks! I'll be applying sometime soon. :)

Aranyanee

Registered
Reaction score
My experience at Write.com

Just wanted to mention that I wrote a couple of articles for write.com. The Amazon Mechanical Turk system is really not intuitive and it turned out there was this section where I was getting feedback from editors and didn't even know about it. It was posted under "status" which makes little sense to me. So all the articles I thought were being accepted weren't really. Anyway, I didn't realize that they were having issues with my articles until I abruptly got an email saying my qualification was revoked. So just wanted to mention this to anyone applying so that they may keep in mind to look under "status" and get their feedback.

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Before I fill out the application can you let me know if you have to give your social security #. :welcome: to the cooler!

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think you have to for write.com--but to get an amazon mechanical turk account you do need your SSN#.

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Okay I wrote and submitted my first "hit."

Now I'm just waiting to see how it all works.

It says you must do 5 HITs per day for ten days in order to be considered active and be eligible for payment through the Turk system. I'm trying to figure out whether this means that you must work 10 days in a row, or whether you just finally become eligible whenever you reach that amount of work.

I already wrote and asked but I figure I'd post it here too. This is a pretty big concern as I don't know when I'd be able to commit to doing 10 days in a row. If it's necessary, I can make it happen. But I'd much rather just work at my own pace.

I just don't want to invest too much time in this until I know exactly how it's going to work for me. I'll see what happens when they take a look at my first HIT.

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Hmm okay. I'm starting to get a little wary about this.

First of all, I've sent multiple emails now trying to ask about the payment process and I still haven't gotten an answer. One of the girls wrote back and answered half my question (I also asked about how long it might take for assignments to get approved) but ignored the part about the 10 day hold on payments.

I find that a bit suspicious. I'm proceeding, but cautiously. I don't understand why it's this difficult to get an answer to a simple question. I guess I'll write amazon and see what they say.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I am confused. Are you guys talking about write.com or Amazon mechanical turk? As far as I know these are entirely separate.

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
Write.com is using mechanical turk for everything, so it's both. I've been attempting to get an answer from the staff at write.com about mechanical turk's payment process, but I haven't been able to get one. I'm writing MT directly now.

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
I finally got an answer: Unfortunately, it is ten days in a row that you must work 5 orders a day in order to be able to start getting paid.

This is kind of messed up for me because working 10 days in a row is going to be nearly impossible. :( I did it three days, but now I have holiday/family commitments to attend to. *sigh*

Guess I'll just have to wait until after the new year to try and set aside 10 days in a row I can do this...

Tyler Danann

Registered
Reaction score
Oh. That is, IMHO, pure nonsense. People should get paid for whatever amount of work they do.

That's what I hoped it would be!
I just did the submission article for them but if they expect me to wage-slave it for 10 days solid they can forget that.
I've got my own story's to focus on before then. :)

andiwrite

Registered
Reaction score
The money goes into your account. You just can't have it until you work 10 days in a row and then get permission to set up your Amazon payments account. I guess you can't cash out directly through MT. You have to have it transferred to your payments account and then you can cash it into your bank.

I've managed to do 7 days in a row of work even though I've been incredibly busy with other things. Christmas is tomorrow and I am not sure if I'm going to be able to make writing happen. We'll see. I'd hate to have to start all over. Why do they do this? So frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.