Non-fiction blogs

lufico

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was looking at some threads here and made a little search and I figured out that the most of your blogs are about writing or fiction published (and that's perfectly normal, we're in a writers forum). Personally, I prefer fiction just in my own first language (Portuguese). I don't know, it's the opposite of what I read here - Portuguese people that rather write (and probably read) in English. Maybe that's because I'm not very good at it. I don't like English, to be honest.

So, I was just thinking in found some non-fiction blogs, about, for example, Society, Culture, Economics, Politics, etc. In the last weeks I was searching to new blogs to read to inspire me to think and write about new topics, either in Portuguese, English and Spanish. Maybe even to translate some good posts into my blog.

If you want to put your links here, I'll be glad in read and comment your creations, thoughts and ideas - or even know you better (I'm new here, as you easily confirm).

(PS: If I write some errors in English, you're free to correct me. I'm always available to learn.)

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
Hi there and welcome!

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but I got quoted in translation in a Portuguese blog today: http://luispascoal.com/oferta-de-presentes-obrigatoria-e-respectivas-regras-sociais/

I can't read the site except through Google Translate, which is . . . not the best way to read something, but it looks interesting!

I write in English, sometimes about writing but mostly about life (politics, firearms, popular culture, etc.). Again, not sure what you're looking for, but feel free to check me out here.

If you check out the "Have You Updated Your Blog Today?" thread you also might be able to skim through and find some nonfiction articles by AWers, though I think you're right that a good chunk of the people here concentrate on writing about writing.

And again, welcome!

lufico

Registered
Reaction score
slhuang, I've already read some of your articles and saved the blog in favorites.

And I saw the last pages of "Have You Updated Your Blog Today?" before posting this thread. I found two or three about non-fiction, but the majority are about writing, have fiction or are like diaries.

Thank you for the suggestion, but... What are the odds? That's my blog haha
Btw, when I have time, I'll translate you the post.

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
Thank you for the suggestion, but... What are the odds? That's my blog haha
Btw, when I have time, I'll translate you the post.

Oh, that is SO FUNNY!

I would love a translation if you have the time at some point -- I read the whole thing through Google Translate and it looked like a VERY cool article! I wish I could read Portuguese so I could read more of your blog . . . I'll be recommending it to my Brazilian relatives. :D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I was looking at some threads here and made a little search and I figured out that the most of your blogs are about writing or fiction published (and that's perfectly normal, we're in a writers forum).

There are lots of people on the board writing non-fiction, ranging from reviews of beer through to political views, encompassing pop culture, history, music... Click through several of the sub-forums to get a feel of just how many people are on the forum, and the range of views. You will find many worthwhile blogs to follow.

Personally, I prefer fiction just in my own first language (Portuguese).

Have a look at the International District.

Maybe even to translate some good posts into my blog.

Get permission from the original author of the posts before you start doing this, and include a link back to the post if you are given the all-clear to proceed. Good luck. :)

lufico

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, that is SO FUNNY!
I would love a translation if you have the time at some point -- I read the whole thing through Google Translate and it looked like a VERY cool article! I wish I could read Portuguese so I could read more of your blog . . . I'll be recommending it to my Brazilian relatives. :D
Thank you for recommendations. Your blog is very good too. It's probable that I'll quote you more times. I would like to translate mine to other languages. I can do that for Spanish by my own, but English I would need help. Maybe with the help of good people from here.

There are lots of people on the board writing non-fiction, ranging from reviews of beer through to political views, encompassing pop culture, history, music... Click through several of the sub-forums to get a feel of just how many people are on the forum, and the range of views. You will find many worthwhile blogs to follow.
Thank you, BigWords, I'll do that.

I have already posted there, I'm waiting for answers.

Get permission from the original author of the posts before you start doing this, and include a link back to the post if you are given the all-clear to proceed. Good luck. :)
Of course. For example, when I quoted slhuang I sent him a message. But actually I never translated a whole post. I prefer just quote and/or recommend good articles related to the topic I'm writing about.

And I apologize for not presenting myself, but I don't like it very much, as I said in International District. What I think I'm am is not what I really am. But I want to know more people here, have fun and discuss with you some topics about writing, of course.