Website
ktcraig.com

Last edited:

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Mother Abigail.

Her character was awesome and the description of her cooking was mouth watering.

Flagg can bite my ass.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I don't think I could ever live in a land-locked state. I'd probably grab a nice ocean-front summer home in Greenport or Long Beach Island, and spend winters down in Florida. That way I could tool around the Bahamas and set up a nice resort. I'd then sell timeshares to all the good folks out West.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, hell, given that I know the ending of course I'm down with Mother Abigail. But if I was actually in that situation, I'd probably be a sucker for rampant debauchery in America's playground during the post-apocalypse. Until all the killing and maiming and the pain the the glaven started, because I'm actually pretty squeamish about seeing that stuff in person.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love Vegas, but only for a couple of days. Too damned dry.

See, I live in the center of humidity heaven. Dry heat isn't all that bad to me, especially when tempered by a bombardment of electric extravagance.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I from DC and it's humid as hell, so I thought 'oh-but-it's-a-dry-heat' sounded okay. Got off the plane in Nevada and felt the desert licking my eyeballs and knew I was going to be a very pale raisin in short order.

Still, I go back whenever I can.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Jeez, Kevin. Yer gonna make me Google.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I from DC and it's humid as hell, so I thought 'oh-but-it's-a-dry-heat' sounded okay. Got off the plane in Nevada and felt the desert licking my eyeballs and knew I was going to be a very pale raisin in short order.

Still, I go back whenever I can.

The imagery there was awesome, I have to say.

Anyhow, yeah, I used to have this debate with my homegirl when she lived in Vegas. I never visited her during the dead of summer, only in the fall, and she likewise never came to S.A. during one of our classic 100+ degree, so humid the city has actually turned into a giant bowl of soup August days, so we could only suppose and never be certain. I must admit, the desert licking my eyeballs sounds unpleasant, but wearing the sun like it's a hot-water-dampened wool sweater is kinda unpleasant too...

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
but wearing the sun like it's a hot-water-dampened wool sweater is kinda unpleasant too...
See? We're both geniuses.

That makes me wish August would never come.

But here in Asheville, it's wonderful. Not too hot, not too cold and very few bugs! I can hardly believe I'm in the South.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm with Mother Abagail, for sure.

Not too much debauchery in Vegas, anyhoo. They were more like clean-living Nazis. (Remember the crucifixtions for drug use? Ouch) Which would appeal on a certain level, except for the whole "we're evil" thing, and we'll kill ya if you're doing something we don't like...

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Who are these people? (Maybe I am too young for KTC's threads)

good_evil.jpg

MOther Abigail - gud. Flagg - evil.

:)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
For...what? Who are these people? Can I just have some pie, instead? Or pudding? Or both pudding and pie? Or maybe pudding pie?