PDA

View Full Version : Mother Abigail OR Randall Flagg?

KTC
04-11-2008, 03:37 PM

Bmwhtly
04-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Mother Abigail.

Fresh-made biscuits!
Also you'd be less likely to get killed.

kristie911
04-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Vegas. I can't stay away from the Roulette tables. :D

Perks
04-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Flagg was too creative. All the luxuries and twice the wackness. No thanks.

johnnysannie
04-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Mother Abigail. No contest at all. Mother Abigail.

Bmwhtly
04-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Looks like Kristie'll be playing roulette by herself.

Perks
04-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Flagg'll be there. Just try not pissing him off. Paranoids are fun, but only from a distance.

RumpleTumbler
04-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Mother Abigail.

Her character was awesome and the description of her cooking was mouth watering.

Flagg can bite my ass.

C.bronco
04-11-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't think I could ever live in a land-locked state. I'd probably grab a nice ocean-front summer home in Greenport or Long Beach Island, and spend winters down in Florida. That way I could tool around the Bahamas and set up a nice resort. I'd then sell timeshares to all the good folks out West.

bethany
04-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Plus Flag in the miniseries= tight pants and bad devil-head special effects. Not a turn on.

Jcomp
04-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Well, hell, given that I know the ending of course I'm down with Mother Abigail. But if I was actually in that situation, I'd probably be a sucker for rampant debauchery in America's playground during the post-apocalypse. Until all the killing and maiming and the pain the the glaven started, because I'm actually pretty squeamish about seeing that stuff in person.

Perks
04-11-2008, 07:17 PM
I love Vegas, but only for a couple of days. Too damned dry.

Jcomp
04-11-2008, 07:22 PM
I love Vegas, but only for a couple of days. Too damned dry.

See, I live in the center of humidity heaven. Dry heat isn't all that bad to me, especially when tempered by a bombardment of electric extravagance.

Perks
04-11-2008, 07:26 PM
I from DC and it's humid as hell, so I thought 'oh-but-it's-a-dry-heat' sounded okay. Got off the plane in Nevada and felt the desert licking my eyeballs and knew I was going to be a very pale raisin in short order.

Still, I go back whenever I can.

poetinahat
04-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Jeez, Kevin. Yer gonna make me Google.

Jcomp
04-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I from DC and it's humid as hell, so I thought 'oh-but-it's-a-dry-heat' sounded okay. Got off the plane in Nevada and felt the desert licking my eyeballs and knew I was going to be a very pale raisin in short order.

Still, I go back whenever I can.

The imagery there was awesome, I have to say.

Anyhow, yeah, I used to have this debate with my homegirl when she lived in Vegas. I never visited her during the dead of summer, only in the fall, and she likewise never came to S.A. during one of our classic 100+ degree, so humid the city has actually turned into a giant bowl of soup August days, so we could only suppose and never be certain. I must admit, the desert licking my eyeballs sounds unpleasant, but wearing the sun like it's a hot-water-dampened wool sweater is kinda unpleasant too...

Perks
04-11-2008, 07:46 PM
but wearing the sun like it's a hot-water-dampened wool sweater is kinda unpleasant too...See? We're both geniuses.

That makes me wish August would never come.

But here in Asheville, it's wonderful. Not too hot, not too cold and very few bugs! I can hardly believe I'm in the South.

Cranky
04-11-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm with Mother Abagail, for sure.

Not too much debauchery in Vegas, anyhoo. They were more like clean-living Nazis. (Remember the crucifixtions for drug use? Ouch) Which would appeal on a certain level, except for the whole "we're evil" thing, and we'll kill ya if you're doing something we don't like...

Stew21
04-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Mother Abigail.

III
04-11-2008, 08:33 PM
Mother Abagail pooped dry leaves and twigs. That's my kinda woman.

III
04-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Laws yes, M-O-O-N spells KTC. Everyone knows that.

JLCwrites
04-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Who are these people? (Maybe I am too young for KTC's threads)

Stew21
04-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Who are these people? (Maybe I am too young for KTC's threads)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/watstew2/good_evil.jpg

MOther Abigail - gud. Flagg - evil.

:)

BenPanced
04-11-2008, 08:42 PM
For...what? Who are these people? Can I just have some pie, instead? Or pudding? Or both pudding and pie? Or maybe pudding pie?

Bmwhtly
04-11-2008, 08:44 PM
*sigh*

M-O-O-N, that spells ignorant. Laws Yes. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stand)

JLCwrites
04-11-2008, 08:49 PM
Fat chance of that, Old Bag. Oops. Sorry. I thought you were OFG. Put your glasses back on.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/watstew2/good_evil.jpg

MOther Abigail - gud. Flagg - evil.

:)
I'll have to go with the gud one.

Good gravy. You people should read.

THE STAND by STEPHEN KING
I don't read historical romances. And keep my gravy out of this!

bethany
04-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Only the best Stephen King book EVER.

Besides The Talisman, The Dark Tower 1-7, and maybe possibly IT.

C.bronco
04-11-2008, 09:12 PM
I feel bad that Kristie is the only one in Vegas so far. You folks in Colorado have to get the internets up and running so we can come to the Cooler after Captain Tripps.

Yanno, my resort is open to everyone. I'm thinking Freeport, Bahamas because it's an easy sail or flight from Miami.

Cranky
04-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Only the best Stephen King book EVER.

Besides The Talisman, The Dark Tower 1-7, and maybe possibly IT.

I'm right there with ya. :D I must've read The Stand about ten times by now. And that's not an exaggeration. If it is, it's a small one, cuz I've read it a lot.

All of them, actually. I think Wizard and Glass is my favorite of his books, though.

bethany
04-11-2008, 09:21 PM
I'm right there with ya. :D I must've read The Stand about ten times by now. And that's not an exaggeration. If it is, it's a small one, cuz I've read it a lot.

All of them, actually. I think Wizard and Glass is my favorite of his books, though.

Oh, I love Wizard and Glass. One of my 10th grade students is reading it right now, and I'm like, okay you get an A. :D

Serenity
04-11-2008, 09:23 PM
I'll join Kristie in Las Vegas. I should do okay there, don't do drugs and I only look sweet and innocent. Plus, I guess I was one of the few that actually LOVED Jamey Sheridan in tight jeans. :D

Cranky
04-11-2008, 09:25 PM
I'll join Kristie in Las Vegas. I should do okay there, don't do drugs and I only look sweet and innocent. Plus, I guess I was one of the few that actually LOVED Jamey Sheridan in tight jeans. :D

The jeans were hawt. The hair was awful, though. It's a real start to see him on Law and Order lookin' all clean cut! LOL

If he'd had a better haircut, I might've been tempted, for a sec, to go to Vegas.

But I like living....:D