PDA

View Full Version : Happy Monday!

Little Earthquake
03-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi, everyone, my name is Emily. I'm a graphic designer and (of course) aspiring writer living in Virginia Beach, VA. I found AW through a friend's website and signed up hoping to make new friends and find some inspiration. I'm interested in technical writing as a new direction on my career path, and I love writing essays and fiction in my spare time.

Funner things to know about me:
- I make KILLER mac-n-cheese and chocolate chip cookies
- I have four weirdly awesome cats: an elderly, deaf Siamese; a very effeminate bobtail; a rude and selfish long-haired calico; and a heavy-set, not-so-bright orange tabby
- I use netspeak in everyday conversation, greatly confusing my friends and family members who don't know what WTF or OMG means.
- My favorite "guilty pleasure" movie is The Hot Chick with Rob Schneider. It's campy and corny, but it's also a sweet "best friends for life" story.
- My boyfriend's nickname for me is Dorcas. Cuz I'm, well, a dork.

It's a pleasure to meet you all!

III
03-10-2008, 09:18 PM
:welcome: Welcome to the Cooler, Emily! I look forward to hanging out.

writin52
03-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Hi, everyone, my name is Emily. I'm a graphic designer and (of course) aspiring writer living in Virginia Beach, VA. I found AW through a friend's website and signed up hoping to make new friends and find some inspiration. I'm interested in technical writing as a new direction on my career path, and I love writing essays and fiction in my spare time.

Funner things to know about me:
- I make KILLER mac-n-cheese and chocolate chip cookies
- I have four weirdly awesome cats: an elderly, deaf Siamese; a very effeminate bobtail; a rude and selfish long-haired calico; and a heavy-set, not-so-bright orange tabby
- I use netspeak in everyday conversation, greatly confusing my friends and family members who don't know what WTF or OMG means.
- My favorite "guilty pleasure" movie is The Hot Chick with Rob Schneider. It's campy and corny, but it's also a sweet "best friends for life" story.
- My boyfriend's nickname for me is Dorcas. Cuz I'm, well, a dork.

It's a pleasure to meet you all!

You, are my friend for life, if I had to be killed I'd want it to be by mac n cheese and cc cookies!
Wow, four feline muses, lucky you! I am now severely allergic to cat saliva and cannot have another cat:cry:.
Welcome to AW :welcome:

flashgordon
03-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Welcome to the forum Emily... mac-and-cheese and cookies, now that is my kind of dinner. ;)

melaniehoo
03-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Welcome to AW! I'm also a graphic designer, although more freelance these days. Good luck!

Nickie
03-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi there, Emily, and welcome to the Cooler!

Nickie

Soccer Mom
03-11-2008, 02:28 AM
OMG! WU? :welcome: to AW!

So pleased to meetcha, Emily. You're gonna fit right in.

donroc
03-11-2008, 03:00 AM
Welcome and enjoy.

jamiehall
03-11-2008, 03:10 AM
:welcome: :TheWave: :welcome:
:hooray: :partyguy: :PartySmil :banana: :banana: :Jump: :banana: :wag:

ReneC
03-11-2008, 03:39 AM
:welcome: I'm sure you'll enjoy it here!

Mandy-Jane
03-11-2008, 04:03 AM
:welcome:

JacobWorld
03-11-2008, 04:58 AM
Lots of cats . We have heard this story before LOL

Expanding Ink
03-11-2008, 06:16 AM
Welcome to the Cooler. You seem delightfully eccentric and, thus, I'm sure you'll fit in well here.

Arisa81
03-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Hello and welcome, Emily :)

Little Earthquake
03-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes! I look forward to hanging out with you guys :-)

Anthony Matias
03-12-2008, 03:53 AM
Welcome Emily!

HeronW
03-12-2008, 04:29 AM
Welcome Emily!

If your elderly siamese has arthritis, ask your vet re: glucosamine to help the joints or remedil if s/he has trouble with stiffness. (had a 19.5 yr old cat)

talkwrite
03-14-2008, 02:05 AM
:hi: Welcome to AW!