jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123089052

Sergeant Frost was a member of the public affairs career field, like me. He died in a helicopter crash. I'm also posting the message from the Air Force general who runs Air Force public affairs below to give you some insight to what we see when these things happen:

PA Team –
It is with the deepest regret that I have the duty of passing sad news on the death of one of our valued teammates.

SSgt Christopher Frost was killed in a helicopter accident in Iraq on 3 March. He was deployed from the 377th Air Base Wing Public Affairs Office at Kirtland Air Force Base (New Mexico) and had been working with the Multinational Security Transition Command – Iraq, which is responsible for organizing, training, equipping and sustaining Iraqi Security Forces, including the Iraqi Air Force. SSgt Frost had served in our Air Force since February 2002 and cross-trained into PA in 2005.

While we often pride ourselves on being among the nation’s pre-eminent communicators, it is hard to find the right words to say in times like these. We all recognize the danger inherent in our profession, but we also understand that these risks are the price we pay to guarantee the freedoms most Americans take for granted. SSgt Frost understood those risks and accepted them. In honor of the nation and the freedoms he gave his life for, we should share the same understanding by striving to ensure meaning in all that we do.

I hope you will join me in offering your thoughts and prayers for his family and that you will take a moment to appreciate all that we are blessed with. Never forget that it comes with a cost.

Thank you for your service.

Darren McDew

Status
Not open for further replies.