yes Kimmi you do what you have to do-then you kick em in the butt!!! love Dave

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutely not too strict. Personal responsibility is the name of the game.

Of course there's little she can do now except assure the couple that she will undo the damage. Come spring, a little time with a rake and some grass seed should put everything to rights. The old couple will probably think she's a peach and will have cookies and lemonade ready for her, too.

Maryn, big on responsibility

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Not being too strict?
No, Kimmi, that was perfect.
I know parents that would have beat some ass for that. Some too, that would have winked and laughed.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!! Absolutely NOT too strict. In fact, I think you handled this beautifully. Not only does teen have to deal with facing what happened on her own when she returns to the couple's house, but she also knows that there really are boundaries with that freedom teens cherish so much.

I think you are allowing her to learn a very valuable lesson and more than one great thing will come from it. She will more than likely make the couple happy because she cares enough to go back, which they probably aren't expecting. She will also learn that it really does feel good to do the right thing.

I think your solution is an all-around winner. While she may come home to you in a huff over the humiliation of having to return to the scene of the "accident", I doubt she will be anything but humble and apologetic while meeting the couple.

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
:D Well, Ive not been on her good list awhile; the turbulant teen years so to speak. I'm sure she won't be too happy with me. Again.

This just means your doing it right ;)

I've seen too many parents wanting to be their child's friend instead of parenting. She will eventually see that you are right. Being a Mom is the toughest job on earth.. I don't care what anyone says.

Esopha

bam pow zap.
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, kimmi. I think you went easy on her. I can't even imagine my parents' reaction if I ran away from something like that.

They would probably disown me. Take away my car. Ship me to Siberia. A convent in Siberia.

Your daughter's a lucky girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.