PDA

View Full Version : *waves*

Qeth
02-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Hello everyone,

After browsing around I decided to register, so here I am.

I am actually looking to classify what genre my book is in, and how to bring it to publishers. I have finished my first manuscript and now I am looking for a publisher.

The genre I find that describes my book would be "channeled" writing, but I don't like that label much. I have a feeling that many publishers fear this kind of writing, or I have looked in the wrong place. So far I have found only 2 publishers that are into this kind of subject.

I am dutch. I live in Holland, and my manuscript is in english.

Long story. Anyhow, I'm here!

Q

HeronW
02-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Welcome Qeth!

'Channelled' eh? Maybe look for a pub who does NewAge/Spiritual like Llewellyn?

donroc
02-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Welcome and enjoy. My historical to be released this year has its last chapters set in Amsterdam.

jamiehall
02-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Try "New Age" publishers, of which there are at least 10 if I'm not mistaken.

:welcome: :TheWave: :welcome:
:hooray: :partyguy: :PartySmil :banana: :banana: :Jump: :banana: :wag:

Qeth
02-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Thank you HeronW, donroc and jamiehall :)

Coincidentally, I'm from amsterdam 8)

new age/spiritual. Yes, that might be the one. Is there a list somewhere of new age publishers? So far I have found Llewellyn, Inner Traditions and new page. Also Hay house, but you can only submit trough an agent, who I don't have. Jamiehall, could you give me the names of the 10 you know?

Qeth

sissybaby
02-04-2008, 08:35 PM
greetings, Qeth, and welcome to an awesome site. I couldn't find where you posted your story, if I understood you correctly and you have posted it.

Anthony Matias
02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Welcome Qeth!

writerterri
02-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Welcome to AW! ope you enjoy your stay here!

benbradley
02-04-2008, 09:57 PM
:welcome:!

You might look at the publishers that do other books with that sort of "label" such as "A Course in Miracles" or the Urantia book, though I think those might be "self-published" by the related organizations. But I agree, this would probably be in New Age or Spiritual writing.

Try asking this in a forum more closely aligned to the task, perhaps "Ask the Agent" or "Ask the Editor."
Welcome to AW! ope you enjoy your stay here!
ork!:D

jannawrites
02-04-2008, 11:47 PM
I'd wave back, but when I get that energetic I tend to poke myself in the eye. :D

Welcome! And good luck with all your writing endeavors.

Qeth
02-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone, sissybaby, Anthony Mattias, writerterri and benbradly :) hehe jannawrites ^^

sissybaby, no I haven't posted my story.

benbradly, yes, I'm on amazon looking around, who publishes what. Luckily I have a few new age english books on my bookshelf as well. :)

Thank you for the suggestion, I'm going to do just that :)

Chase
02-05-2008, 12:52 AM
*Waves back, channeling hard to be perceived in The Netherlands.*

Qeth
02-05-2008, 12:57 AM
received you loud and clear chase ;-)

I'm looking in the "ask an agent" and "ask an editor" forums, but I'm not sure what I need to know is appropirate for there. I'm a bit overwhelmed.

jamiehall
02-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Jamiehall, could you give me the names of the 10 you know?

Qeth

Just look in the 2008 book "Writer's Market" which has indexes for publisher categories.

Qeth
02-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the tip :) But I have to order that book and that takes time. It's not a book I can find here in the library to browse through ;) Are there a lot of publishers in there for new-age/spiritual and is the "channeled" also mentioned in there? The reason I ask is because I have seen the book online, but I didn't want to purchase it before knowing if I would actually find what I'm looking for. Thanks :)

quickWit
02-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Welcome to the Cooler Qeth!

williemeikle
02-05-2008, 02:23 AM
Welcome, and enjoy

Mandy-Jane
02-05-2008, 03:05 AM
:welcome:

jamiehall
02-05-2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks for the tip :) But I have to order that book and that takes time. It's not a book I can find here in the library to browse through ;) Are there a lot of publishers in there for new-age/spiritual and is the "channeled" also mentioned in there? The reason I ask is because I have seen the book online, but I didn't want to purchase it before knowing if I would actually find what I'm looking for. Thanks :)

Looking in my 2007 edition, I see about 20 listed on pages 1108 and 1109 of the index, starting with America West Publishers, Arcturus Publishing, Bantam Dell Publishing Group, Barron's Educational Series, Inc., Berkley Publishing Group (and so on).

Are you sure it isn't in your local library?

Moon Daughter
02-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Welcome, Qeth!

Qeth
02-06-2008, 01:56 AM
Thank you jamiehall! :)

Are you sure it isn't in your local library?

no, because I live in the Netherlands, and my local library is way to small to have this kind of specialized USA material. I doubt if even the largest library would have it. But I'm going to see if I can find it somewhere here to browse, and I can always order it through amazon.com :)

thank you for the welcomes Mandy-Jane, williemeikle, quickWit and Moon Daughter!

Unfocused Me
02-06-2008, 02:51 AM
Welcome to the Cooler!

III
02-06-2008, 03:02 AM
:welcome: Welcome aboard, Q!