RIP Jimmy Meiss

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
I was shocked today to receive a letter from Johnene Granger at Woman's World informing me of the recent passing of Jimmy Meiss.

The form letter says:

Dear Writer:
It is with much sadness that I write to inform you of the passing of Jimmy Meiss, a much-loved colleague and a long-time member of Woman's World fiction and travel departments.

The news of her untimely death came as a great shock to all of us at Woman's World as I'm sure it will to the many writers who have benefited from Jimmy's encouraging notes and her always thoughtful responses to your queries.

Jimmy will be sadly missed.

Sincerely,
Johnene Granger
Fiction Editor
Woman's World.

Although I have yet to sell a short story to Woman's World, Jimmy's notes were always encouraging and helpful. I was sad to hear of her recent death and feel sure that other writers here will feel the same!

choppersmom

---
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow! That's terrible - I'm a longtime reader of this magazine, and I have submitted to Jimmy twice. Although she didn't accept either story, her notes were indeed thoughtful and helpful. What a shame. My sympathies to the staff of Woman's World.

seaaircarol

Frustrated Pluviophile
Registered
Reaction score
OMG! I can't believe this!

I have had so many encouraging notes from Jimmy. One time she even called me because I didn't know at that time that a response could take up to six months. I was worried my sub was lost. She seemed like a really nice person.

I'm very sad to hear this.

Twizzle

Cluck that.
Registered
Reaction score
that is so sad. I only submitted once, and got such an encouraging note back. I followed her advice and bam. It sold. I will always be so grateful she took the time to help me like that...very sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.