PDA

View Full Version : Pad your Rep count...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

maestrowork
03-30-2005, 10:56 PM
Sara :whip: started it...

Sarita
03-30-2005, 10:57 PM
I sure did!:whip: Right back at ya, Ray!

maestrowork
03-30-2005, 11:00 PM
I sure did!:whip: Right back at ya, Ray!

Would you wear black stockings and leather while you do that? Grrrrrr....

Sarita
03-30-2005, 11:05 PM
Hot thigh-highs, garters, stiletos, leather, what ever you want ;)

Optimus
03-30-2005, 11:05 PM
You guys are disgusting. I mean, this thread has totally devolved into prurient trash.

Jenna and I can't even enjoy our hot, soapy, rose-petal-filled bubble bath in peace because you guys can't control your hormones.

I'm sorry, Jenna...now where were we?

Ah...yes.

No, Peaches...a little to the left. Yeah baby, right there......

Sarita
03-30-2005, 11:06 PM
:ROFL: :ROFL:

Poppy
03-30-2005, 11:08 PM
No comments... only thoughts.

Me too. :Ssh:

Sarita
03-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I'm going to tone down the kink after today. This thread is a great outlet for Judging induced stress.

Moondancer
03-30-2005, 11:17 PM
Me too. :Ssh:

Exactly.

jdkiggins
03-30-2005, 11:27 PM
It's a fun thread. As great as it is, I'm going outside to enjoy the beautiful day and sunshine. First nice day in a long time and I want to bask in the sun. :)

rhymegirl
03-30-2005, 11:28 PM
Sara, read those manuscripts. :whip:

Ray, behave yourself. :whip:

Poppy, do some writing. :whip:

Moondancer, keep writing and keeping these people in line. :whip:

Joanne, keep making people laugh. :whip:

I'll be back later to check on you.

Sarita
03-30-2005, 11:34 PM
My votes are in :D Now I just have to wait around for the other 2, to make up their minds. Then we can argue, true IDOL STYLE!

maestrowork
03-30-2005, 11:42 PM
It's a fun thread. As great as it is, I'm going outside to enjoy the beautiful day and sunshine. First nice day in a long time and I want to bask in the sun. :)

Can I join you? It is a gorgeous day out there.

Poppy
03-30-2005, 11:51 PM
<-----Fair-skinned redhead: keep out of direct sunlight. :)

Kate, I'm writing some checks to pay some bills, does that count? ;)

Moondancer
03-30-2005, 11:56 PM

The true geektress in me requires the pasty look, however, I love the outdoors, too... even if it makes me as dark as a Cherokee.;)

sthrnwriter
03-31-2005, 12:06 AM
BTW, sthrnwriter, congrats again on getting published. I went to that site and enjoyed reading your poem along with a lot of the other pieces they had published there. Take care, see you tomorrow.

Thanks, poppy. I also applied yesterday to be a guide at About .com. Now I get to wait about six weeks to see if it was accepted or not. Gotta love the waiting game.

rhymegirl
03-31-2005, 12:28 AM

Sure, paying bills is fine.

Sara, you're done reading?

MacAllister
03-31-2005, 12:35 AM
good lord--you people make it awfully hard to keep up with what's going down.

Yikes, Ray and Sara? Good Lord--Ray, you're going to break hearts all over the board, carrying on like that...:rolleyes:

Moondancer
03-31-2005, 12:55 AM
Terrible isn't it? Who would have thought a peeing puppy would be the ladies' man?

Sarita
03-31-2005, 01:06 AM
Terrible isn't it? Who would have thought a peeing puppy would be the ladies' man?
:ROFL:

Sarita
03-31-2005, 01:09 AM
And Mac, did you see what Ray and Poppy were doing last night, didya, didya? (can you tell I'm a little sister?)

MacAllister
03-31-2005, 01:10 AM
Sara, I try not to look directly at Ray, lest I be blinded by his glory...:rolleyes:

Sarita
03-31-2005, 01:12 AM
Or is it those pearly whites?

maestrowork
03-31-2005, 01:37 AM
I think it was my pale chicken legs.

Fractured_Chaos
03-31-2005, 01:59 AM
*Note to self: No drinks allowed at the computer when reading AW forums*

Moondancer
03-31-2005, 02:09 AM
I think it was my pale chicken legs.

Look like puppy legs to me. :rolleyes:

Poppy
03-31-2005, 02:10 AM
Sara, I try not to look directly at Ray, lest I be blinded by his glory...:rolleyes:

But you were checking me out, right? C'mon, admit it. I won't tell anyone, not even my husband.

And I can steal Ray's heart before he breaks mine. ;) Oops, except my husband just got back a few minutes ago, and he's gonna make me give it back. Darn!

Sarita
03-31-2005, 02:11 AM
Behave Poppy! ;)

sthrnwriter
03-31-2005, 02:11 AM
Sara, I definitely saw what was going on last nite with Poppy and Ray. I came in on it. Let's just say I left as quickly as I came in.

Sarita
03-31-2005, 02:14 AM
Sara, I definitely saw what was going on last nite with Poppy and Ray. I came in on it. Let's just say I left as quickly as I came in.

:ROFL: :ROFL: Glad you could make an escape, Southern!

Poppy
03-31-2005, 02:16 AM
Thanks, poppy. I also applied yesterday to be a guide at About .com. Now I get to wait about six weeks to see if it was accepted or not. Gotta love the waiting game.

Good luck with that. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya (well, virtually crossed, it's hard to type with crossed fingers). Yep, gotta love that waiting game. :)

sthrnwriter
03-31-2005, 02:16 AM
:ROFL: :ROFL: Glad you could make an escape, Southern!

:roll: Me too!

sthrnwriter
03-31-2005, 02:19 AM
Good luck with that. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya (well, virtually crossed, it's hard to type with crossed fingers). Yep, gotta love that waiting game. :)

Thanks. I doubt they will accept my application but I figured it wouldn't hurt to apply.

rhymegirl
03-31-2005, 02:49 AM
Did someone say something about chicken legs? That's what I'm making for dinner. Well, actually the whole chicken.

Poppy
03-31-2005, 03:00 AM
Thanks. I doubt they will accept my application but I figured it wouldn't hurt to apply.

That's right, it won't hurt to apply. The worst that can happen is that they'll say no, and you'll be in the same place you are right now. It may not be a step forward, but it's not a step back either.

It took guts to even apply so :Thumbs: to you. :)

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 04:24 AM
Congrats! sthrnwriter. You never know until you try. Good luck!
Oh, and I'm glad you got out of the hot tub before anything became too crazy with Ray and Poppy. :)

Sarita
03-31-2005, 05:23 AM
Hey Guys, I just wanted to say G'night! I need a break from the computer before my eyes fall out. See ya tomorrow.

Somebody keep Ray out of trouble!

rhymegirl
03-31-2005, 06:45 AM
Good night, Sara. Get some rest.

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 06:50 AM
I've been floating around and reading auditions. Sorry, Sara. Didn't see you before now. Goodnight. Sleep well. You deserved it. :)

Optimus
03-31-2005, 07:43 AM
Hey guys...oh...wait...What's that, Jenna?...oh...okay.

Jenna wanted me to tell you guys....yeah, baby, right there....a little faster, doll, you're not doin' the trick....anyway, Jenna wanted me to tell you guys that she thinks it's really impressive, even manly, that a thread that I started has nearly 1300 posts.

So, I just wanted to....yes, Peaches, I'll be right there. Aren't you forgetting your towel? Oh, you're being bad tonight!...anyway, I just wanted to thank you guys for all the social validation you've given me.

It is too bad, however, that this thread turned into...Jenna! I can't believe you just did that! You naughty, naughty minx!....Where was I? Oh yeah....I think it's bad that this thread turned into a big ball of filth and nastiness.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Now, I have to go. You guys behave.

Hold on, Jenna. I'm coming. Don't start without me....again!

Alphabeter
03-31-2005, 04:21 PM
OOOOOOOOH! I'm telling Jenna and Sara and the rest of the Idol Judges.

Wait, Sara is too busy spying on Ray and Poppy.

And where did that cat go?

Geez, take a few hours to do stuff to keep the cable modem humming and all rep breaks loose.

Sarita
03-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Wait, Sara is too busy spying on Ray and Poppy.

No way, eeewwwww!:ROFL:

rhymegirl
03-31-2005, 05:29 PM
I kinda forgot that Opti was the one who started this thread.

Alphabeter
03-31-2005, 05:54 PM
No way, eeewwwww!:ROFL:

Weren't you the one peeking over the fence?

Sarita
03-31-2005, 06:00 PM
No, that was Ray. He was checking out the ladies changing into their bathing suits. Dirty, dirty boy!

maestrowork
03-31-2005, 07:48 PM
The rumors! Outrageous. I did no such things.

I was at the Blue Oyster bar sipping a Cosmo with Big Knuckle Barry. Funny there were no wimyn in that bar... I don't remember... I got really drunk.

Now where were we? Oh yeah... I think Opti cleared the hot tub pretty quickly. Now, what should we do?

JAlpha
03-31-2005, 08:18 PM
[QUOTE=maestrowork]The rumors! Outrageous. I did no such things.

He's telling the truth, he was with me last night. Popped into my CP profile, and left me a rep! Thank you, Ray:Hug2:

JAlpha

PS.

Ladies, you've got to keep your eyes on those shy southern girls , if ya'll know what I mean:poke:

Alphabeter
03-31-2005, 08:25 PM
My Sincerest Apologies to Sara.

As for Ray *swat*. Why didn't you tell me you were with Lt. Mauser?

Poppy
03-31-2005, 08:28 PM
shy? *looks up the word shy in the dictionary*

Oh, okay, I get it. Now I know what it means. :)

rhymegirl
03-31-2005, 08:29 PM
JAlpha,

Are you the Haiku girl? I love your avatar.

Yes, Ray sneaked into my CP profile, too. Left me a surprise. Awful nice of him!

Moondancer
03-31-2005, 08:37 PM

She did say shy ones, poppy. I think that excludes you. Shy is not a word I'd use to describe you.

JAlpha
03-31-2005, 08:40 PM

Hi Poppy,

Yep. You caught me. I was using the second entry for the definition of "shy" in my Webster's New Universal Unabridged Dictionary . . . toss, pitch, fling, cast, flip.

Truth be known, I'm only a southern transplant, born and raised in Chicago. Just couldn't resist having a little fun with ya'll---I mean you guys. I'll go back to my haiku corner now.

JAlpha

maestrowork
03-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Oh Poppy's not shy.... heh heh heh

(now where did I put those handcuffs... I swear there were three sets...)

JAlpha
03-31-2005, 08:43 PM
Hi Rhymegirl,

Yep. I'm the "haiku girl". Though I hope to stick around AW long enough to
outlive that label.

JAlpha

Poppy
03-31-2005, 08:46 PM
I don't know the meaning of the word shy which is why I had to look it up. ;)

Moondancer
03-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Hi Rhymegirl,

Yep. I'm the "haiku girl". Though I hope to stick around AW long enough to
outlive that label.

JAlpha

Consider the fact that having a label means you've been well and properly adopted into the community.

Poppy
03-31-2005, 08:48 PM
*shuffles around in chair, trying to figure out why she's so uncomfortable*

Ah-ha, here's one pair of those cuffs, Ray, they were here in my desk chair and I was sitting on them, sorry.

Sarita
03-31-2005, 08:49 PM
I don't know the meaning of the word shy which is why I had to look it up.

So, you're not a shy little red head girl? :roll:

maestrowork
03-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Bad news...

My wife came home and saw the posts and PMs. I'm busted. I don't think I will be on too much today... Damage control.

Sorry gals.

Later

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 08:51 PM
Shy. What's that? Did you say only three pairs of handcuffs? :)

Sarita
03-31-2005, 08:52 PM
My wife came home and saw the posts and PMs. I'm busted. I don't think I will be on too much today... Damage control.
:( Now what?

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 08:53 PM
What! You're married? :Lecture:

Poppy
03-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Is this an early April Fool's joke or something?

maestrowork
03-31-2005, 08:58 PM
Oh crap, today's the 31st.

Darn darn darn. Now it's ruined. RUINED.

Darn.

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Who said Ray was going to break a lot of hearts. :roll: I think s/he was correct. Poor wife.

Poppy
03-31-2005, 09:05 PM
You know what gave it away? You typed a 'bad news' message AFTER the alleged event. If a woman is really pissed at you...you wouldn't get the chance or have the ability to type a message about it. Your hands, arms, everything, would be broken. :ROFL:

maestrowork
03-31-2005, 09:10 PM
Oh I got confused. I thought today was the 1st. Oh well... maybe tomorrow <EG>

My joke last year was SO delicious. HAHA. If I can dig that out again... I think it had to do with PublishAmerica....

Poppy
03-31-2005, 09:16 PM
Ray, the b

Poppy
03-31-2005, 09:18 PM
My computer hiccupped or something...it posted my incomplete sentence. I can't remember what I was going to say now. D'oh!

rhymegirl
03-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Maybe we'll have a nice little April Fool's joke of our own tomorrow. Start thinking, girls.

Sarita
03-31-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm thinking. I'm never good at that sort of thing. I'm more off the cuff funny than plan and scheme funny. ;) Sounds like we better avoid Ray tomorrow!

Poppy
03-31-2005, 09:28 PM
Now I remember what I was going to say.

The bad thing is that no matter what anyone says tomorrow, I'm not going to believe them unless they show me evidence to my satisfaction. One year on April Fool's Day, a friend told me he and his wife were expecting a baby, and I didn't believe them. Turns out, it was true. Oops.

jdkiggins
03-31-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm hoping they post the winners of the audition before April 1. It would be awful to find out all 308 entries lost. Just awful, I say.

reph
03-31-2005, 10:57 PM
I think Opti cleared the hot tub pretty quickly. Now, what should we do?
We should advise Opti not to go hot-tubbing after a dinner of Texas chili.

Moondancer
03-31-2005, 11:19 PM
Durn it! How come everytime I give away rep points to somebody, not long after I see something that deserved rep points even more but I haven't spread around enough to give 'em points again? By the time I can give the points, it will be buried and I'll never find the dang post again.

rhymegirl
03-31-2005, 11:22 PM
I used to play lots of April Fool jokes on my parents. They still hate to answer the phone on April Fool's Day cuz it might be me.

One year my sisters and I bought 2 newspapers. (My dad hated anyone to mess with his newspaper before he got to read it.) So we cut one of them up in various places. and placed it on the couch for him to read, hiding the good one out of sight.

Well, he opened it up and hit the ceiling! "What did you girls do to my newspaper!!"

Hahahahhahahaha!

Then we gave him the good one. Whew!

Poppy
03-31-2005, 11:52 PM
I have a good one I'm going to pull on my husband this year. My daughter's gonna help me. I saw it in an issue of Taste of Home magazine. It's a meal where the dish doesn't look like what it is. Like it has a meat loaf with mashed potato "icing" so it looks like a cake with white icing instead of meat loaf and mashed potatoes. We're going to make a dark brown gravy to look like chocolate sauce too. And for the drink, it has Jell-O in a glass with a straw in it so if he's not paying attention (like he usually doesn't), he'll be like "Hey, what the ?"

Not my best April Fool's joke, but it should be fun anyway.

Sarita
03-31-2005, 11:53 PM
Oh! The jell-o in the glass will be great. Not too time consuming either. I may have to steal that, Poppy!

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 12:01 AM
I need ideas for what kind of joke I can play on my husband? Anything else, girls?

Sarita
04-01-2005, 01:28 AM
Anyone else out there? Was Opti crashing the site again?

mommie4a
04-01-2005, 01:31 AM
Just signed back in! I even took the down time to dump my temp files and cookies and history. Big clean out. Joanne emailed me to see if it was her computer or the board! We are such addicts!

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 01:35 AM
Yes, I did! Now I know I'm an AW addict when I had to send an e-mail to find out if the boards were down. I had withdrawel symptoms somewhat similar to when I tried to quit smoking. :) Terrible, terrible feeling!

mommie4a
04-01-2005, 01:37 AM
I'd start a chapter, except I'm not really willing to face my addiction.

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 01:38 AM
I seriously thought Jenna was playing an early April Fool joke by taking the boards down and putting them back up with the Top Ten announcement. Oh well, guess not.

By the way, who keeps making the board disappear?
Ray, are you being bad again?

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 01:46 AM
I'd start a chapter, except I'm not really willing to face my addiction.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Did Opti crash the board again? Or was it Ray? I thought I'd never get back in here.

Poppy
04-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Kate,

I had this all typed out earlier, but lost it because of the board crash. Grrr...

Anyway...

I don't know if you can use this or not, but it's still funny (I think so). Maybe you could use it somewhere, sometime.

A friend of mine told me about how she took a new toddler's potty chair, washed it, made lemon Jell-O and put it in the 'bowl', then took a couple of Baby Ruth candy bars and put them in the Jell-O to set. So this all looked like...ya know. Anyway, the kids loved it (this was for some child-oriented occasion, a birthday maybe), but some of the adults raised their eyebrows. I think it's funny. :ROFL: I guess they were thinking it was inappropriate or something, but oh well... :Shrug:

Optimus
04-01-2005, 01:53 AM
Sorry, kids.

After I gave Jenna her 3-hour-long full body massage with lavendar oil, we decided to enjoy some chocolate pudding.

I guess some of it slide off her back or legs and landed on the keyboard, shorting out the board.

Again, I apologize.

But, sometimes I just get a little carried away with 2 gallons of chocolate pudding.

And a turkey baster.

And a bottle of Flexall 454.

Okay, I think I've revealed a bit too much.

Yes, Jenna. I'll be right there.

Gotta go again.

Poppy
04-01-2005, 01:59 AM
Okay, we'll forgive you this time, Opti. ;)

TemlynWriting
04-01-2005, 02:07 AM
I have a good one I'm going to pull on my husband this year. My daughter's gonna help me. I saw it in an issue of Taste of Home magazine. It's a meal where the dish doesn't look like what it is. Like it has a meat loaf with mashed potato "icing" so it looks like a cake with white icing instead of meat loaf and mashed potatoes. We're going to make a dark brown gravy to look like chocolate sauce too. And for the drink, it has Jell-O in a glass with a straw in it so if he's not paying attention (like he usually doesn't), he'll be like "Hey, what the ?"

Not my best April Fool's joke, but it should be fun anyway.

Oooh, I'm going with the Jell-O, too! Quick and easy! I like it!

TemlynWriting
04-01-2005, 02:07 AM
Kate,

I had this all typed out earlier, but lost it because of the board crash. Grrr...

Anyway...

I don't know if you can use this or not, but it's still funny (I think so). Maybe you could use it somewhere, sometime.

A friend of mine told me about how she took a new toddler's potty chair, washed it, made lemon Jell-O and put it in the 'bowl', then took a couple of Baby Ruth candy bars and put them in the Jell-O to set. So this all looked like...ya know. Anyway, the kids loved it (this was for some child-oriented occasion, a birthday maybe), but some of the adults raised their eyebrows. I think it's funny. :ROFL: I guess they were thinking it was inappropriate or something, but oh well... :Shrug:

LOL - love it! Hey, that's not really much worse than the kitty litter cake I've seen elsewhere! :)

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 02:11 AM
That is funny, Poppy. I'm trying to think of something my husband would fall for. If I told him I'm pregnant, he'd know THAT's not true....hmmm. maybe I could play around with the food...hide all his socks? He goes crazy when he can't find matching socks. Maybe I could mismatch all of them.

TemlynWriting
04-01-2005, 02:17 AM
That is funny, Poppy. I'm trying to think of something my husband would fall for. If I told him I'm pregnant, he'd know THAT's not true....hmmm. maybe I could play around wih the food...hide all his socks?

I love the hiding socks idea! Ha ha!!! That just seems so funny!

Poppy
04-01-2005, 02:22 AM
Oh yeah, I've seen the kitty litter cake online somewhere.

I remember when my mom first discovered "dirt cake" (you know the one with crushed Oreo cookies and such). She served it often, and would serve it in a plastic bucket. There was always someone around who didn't know about it and would think it was real dirt at first. A friend of ours wouldn't eat it, and when my brother started eating it and said, "See, I'm eating it. Would I eat dirt just to get you to eat dirt?" And our friend was like, "Yeah, knowing you, you probably would." :ROFL:

I'll keep thinking, Kate. There must be something you can do. The mismatched socks would be good. :)

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 03:04 AM
Just don't put the jello in his shoes. My step kids did that to me once. NOT FUNNY!

Rob-rite
04-01-2005, 03:15 AM
For jello, should I read jelly or is it something completely different? (Sorry for being a stupid brit).

sthrnwriter
04-01-2005, 03:16 AM
Heres some Ideas

Prank Ideas from Kids (http://www.kidzworld.com/site/p1939.htm)

Poppy
04-01-2005, 03:21 AM
For jello, should I read jelly or is it something completely different? (Sorry for being a stupid brit).

Jell-O is a brand name of gelatin. They also make instant pudding. They have a website here: www.jell-o.com (http://www.jell-o.com/)

Does that help? :)

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 03:27 AM

Sorry. Didn't mean to confuse you by not adding caps and -
Jell-O

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 03:32 AM
Hmmm...Jello in his shoes? That would be interesting. Boy would I hear some colorful language if I did that!

Rob-rite
04-01-2005, 03:33 AM
Yeah, sounds like the same stuff. We call it jelly.

Rob-rite
04-01-2005, 03:34 AM
Hi Kate! It's strange being in the same place at the same time isn't it?

reph
04-01-2005, 03:38 AM
And a bottle of Flexall 454.
I'm not familiar with this product. Is it something like WD-40?

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 03:41 AM
Hi Kate! It's strange being in the same place at the same time isn't it?

Hi Rob. Yes, usually we have to take turns. I'm thinking maybe that story has to come to an end soon.

Rob-rite
04-01-2005, 03:44 AM
Yeah but I'd miss the (belated) interaction and mental stimulation. My life would suddenly become empty.

Optimus
04-01-2005, 03:48 AM
I'm not familiar with this product. Is it something like WD-40?

No, it's like BenGay and Icy Hot, but marketed to athletes.

It has that whole "warming" and "cooling" thing going for it.

I won't tell you exactly where I put it on her. But, after I put it there, I blow on it.

Rob-rite
04-01-2005, 03:50 AM
Anyway, I'm sure you can get out of that sticky situation. I have every faith in you. ;)

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 03:56 AM
Anyway, I'm sure you can get out of that sticky situation. I have every faith in you. ;)

What sticky situation?

And by the way, we can always start a NEW story.

Rob-rite
04-01-2005, 03:58 AM
Ok, but how are we going to end that one? We need it to be really good for when it gets swallowed up into the AW archives...

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 04:03 AM
Go look.

Rob-rite
04-01-2005, 04:05 AM
:ROFL:The end. Dallas style.

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 04:08 AM
Why don't you start the next story. It can be a 3-word post or 10-word or whatever. Any kind of beginning.

Rob-rite
04-01-2005, 04:12 AM
Mmm. I'm not sure. I kind of enjoyed the 10-word didn't you? Made you work harder.
If you don't mind, I'll restart another. Unless you have a preference?

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 04:26 AM
Go for it. Whichever, 3-word or 10-word. I'm not fussy.

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 05:00 AM
Where is everybody?

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 05:05 AM
Thanks Southern for that link! I like your new avatar by the way.

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 05:06 AM
Ever feel like you're talking to yourself?

Rob-rite
04-01-2005, 05:07 AM
I'm back from Amazon and I've just posted my 10-worder but I can't vouch for anyone else!

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 05:20 AM
Ever feel like you're talking to yourself?

Always. What are we doing here?

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 05:23 AM
Well, first Rob and I were talking about the new 10-word post. Then I was talking to myself. It was very quiet in here.

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 06:02 AM
New 10 word post. I'll have to check it out.

Ken Schneider
04-01-2005, 06:21 AM
Pad me up, and lock me down. quiet everywhere tonight.

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 06:23 AM
For crying out loud, is everyone sitting in the Idol auditorium waiting on the judges?

Ken Schneider
04-01-2005, 06:25 AM
They must be. I'm an idol fan. is that bad?

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 06:33 AM
Which Idol are you talking about--american or absolute write?

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 06:36 AM
Kate,

Where did everyone go? This place is dead. Has everyone passed out from nervousness or what?

Poppy
04-01-2005, 07:09 AM
:hi:

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 07:11 AM
Hi Poppy. Quiet in the boards tonight.

Poppy
04-01-2005, 07:11 AM
I was watching Survivor, now I'm halfway watching CSI.

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 07:13 AM
I was working on editing my WIP, but I needed a break. I think the sunshine made me sleepy today. :)

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 07:26 AM
:cry:Boring. I need :Coffee: to keep from getting :sleepy:

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 07:42 AM
I'm back! ER is a rerun.

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Finally. I got bored with WWE. :)

Poppy
04-01-2005, 07:49 AM
I stayed up until 1 am last night chatting online with a friend. So I'm going to bed early (on time?) tonight. G'night y'all.

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 07:50 AM
WWE?

Good night, Poppy.

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 07:50 AM
G'night, Poppy. Want to wager that the Idol Winners are posted just after midnight tonight? Is that a little incentive to stay up. LOL

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Yeah, Kate. You can tell I was really bored. I was watching wrestling. :faint:

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 07:52 AM
I was thinking it would be right before midnight. That way it's not April Fools Day yet.

maestrowork
04-01-2005, 07:53 AM
Sorry kids, I was at the rehearsal. But I'm back now.

Missed me?

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 07:53 AM
LOL, We were close to the same thought. It's really quiet around here. I think someone drained the tub.

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Hey things are looking up. Ray's back!

wurdwise
04-01-2005, 07:55 AM
Yeah, Jenna has been awfully quiet this afternoon. Big boom before midnight? Or maybe not till Saturday?

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 07:55 AM
It was Opti.

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 07:56 AM
What was Opti?

jdkiggins
Oh, duh. He drained the pool. I am tired!

rhymegirl
who drained the hot tub, that is.

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 07:58 AM
I know I'm sleepy now. Tub - Pool. They're both wet anyway. :)

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 07:59 AM
:roll: :roll:

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 07:59 AM
So, Ray. What kind of rehearsal?

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Sorry, Kate. I think I've lost my mind. LOL It's slowing down these days. Not as quick as I used to be. :)

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Maybe he's in a play or something.

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 08:02 AM
I was thinking it may be a play. RAY????

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 08:03 AM
Maybe I shouldn't have asked what kind of rehearsal. I know, he's practicing his acceptance speech for Idol. LOL

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 08:06 AM
Ha.
Did you read Opti's ode to Jenna and the ladies in another thread?

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 08:08 AM
No. I'll go check it out. Was it cool, corny, or ...?

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 08:13 AM
Oh my.

maestrowork
04-01-2005, 08:18 AM
I don't know... are you asking me?

What could it be?

Maybe a wedding rehearsal?

Who knows?

Mystery

Mystery

maestrowork
04-01-2005, 08:24 AM
I'd love to play, ladies (and the hot tub is back on -- just watch out for Opti... I think he had one too many lavender bubble bath). But I have an early day tomorrow (waking up at 6) so I'm going to bed now.

Night.

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 08:27 AM
Party pooper.

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 08:28 AM
G'night Ray.

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 08:33 AM
Me too. Must get my beauty sleep.

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 08:36 AM
See you tomorrow. I'll be going here soon as well. I'm tired.

sthrnwriter
04-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Thanks Southern for that link! I like your new avatar by the way.

Thanks and your welcome. Kids always tend to come up with interesting pranks.

Alphabeter
04-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Party pooper.

And here I thought he was a keyboard pee-er?

Alphabeter
04-01-2005, 10:19 AM
Thanks and your welcome. Kids always tend to come up with interesting pranks.

It should be interested around here shortly when the clock turns.

Patricia
04-01-2005, 12:29 PM
Possibly, also, PA and ex-PA authors give points to one another to maintain morale in the trenches. I don't know, but it's plausible.

It is certainly plausible, reph -- but I can honestly say I do spread my points around to those I think give good input. Sometimes I miss good posts too. Once in awhile I will give a rep point to someone who brightens my day by making me smile. But I certainly don't like to think of rep points as a popularity contest, as someone suggested, and I don't. :)

maestrowork
04-01-2005, 04:25 PM
Hi guys, just wanted to say g'morning before I head out.. Plenty to do. The BIG day is tomorrow and I hope the weather holds up. I can't believe I'm doing this, finally. Wow. I have butterflies in my stomach and last minutes jitters. But I must say I look pretty good...got my hair trimmed, and my tux fitted and everything. Anyway, it's been fun the last week or so. You're the BEST.

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Yeah, that sounds like an April Fools' joke to me, Ray.

maestrowork
04-01-2005, 04:30 PM
Nope. No joke. Can't pull that off again since I blew it yesterday. It's for real, gals.

See ya.

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Well, I've been playing jokes ever since I got up. Told my youngest son it was snowing. Told my husband his car has a flat tire. He didn't fall for that one. However, all his socks are missing so that should be interesting to see his reaction in a few minutes. I have only just begun!

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 06:56 PM
:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy:

Where is everybody?

Moondancer
04-01-2005, 07:07 PM
I"m in misery today is all. I'll probably be in serious mode because of it, :-(.

Poppy
04-01-2005, 07:11 PM
I'm trying to get some writing/work done (for a change). :D

Sarita
04-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Hi guys! How's the tom-foolery going?

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 07:37 PM
I"m in misery today is all. I'll probably be in serious mode because of it, :-(.

What's wrong, Moondancer? You have a toothache? I hope you feel better.

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 07:40 PM

Well, my husband went to put on some socks. Lo and behold, no socks in his drawer. He searched and searched. Before he could start swearing I made them re-appear. He says he is not going to believe anything I tell him today. Hmmmm....

Moondancer
04-01-2005, 07:44 PM
What's wrong, Moondancer? You have a toothache? I hope you feel better.

Yeah... April Fool on me... I thought yesterday that it was going to be alright but today I'm paying double for what I didn't pay yesterday. Monday will be here soon, I hope.

Sarita
04-01-2005, 07:45 PM
Sorry to hear that Moondancer. Hope it feels better soon. :(

awatkins
04-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Aw, sorry to hear that, Moondancer. :Hug2: Hope you feel better soon.

Maryn
04-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Woke up with a headache. Ran out of cash and had to put something back at the store. Found out when I got home that The Kid ate part of the main course I'd planned for tonight sometime during the night, so I have to go out again. Scared (rightfully so) to get on the scale. (The Other Kid, who loves to bake, is also home on spring break, and damn, she's good.) Only got one rep point since last time I checked.

This is silly, of course, but I'm used to being the smart one, or the funny one, in small groups, and the 'competition' here (which isn't actually competing, of course) is pretty stiff! (This is the only place I go online where I ever laugh out loud.) Every time I think of some clever, compassionate, or wise response to give here, someone's beaten me to it, or more likely, already topped it.

Can I have a rep point if I promise to be clever, compassionate, or wise in the future?

Maryn

awatkins
04-01-2005, 09:26 PM
There ya go, Maryn. Hope that helps. :)

Sarita
04-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Sure ya can Maryn!

EDIT: Sorry you're having a crap day. :(

Poppy
04-01-2005, 09:52 PM
Sorry to hear some of us are having an off day. :Hug2:

Well, I actually got some work done. I have the greeting card ideas written down, now I just have to type them onto index cards. I have already printed up the envelopes, put in the SASE's, put stamps on them, etc. So all I have to do is type up the index cards, stuff them in the envelopes, seal them and put them in the mailbox.

But right now, I'm taking a lunch break...yep, eating lunch and checking out AW at the same time. I know I'm not the only one. :)

three seven
04-01-2005, 09:54 PM
Can I have a crap day too? Got totally screwed on my pay today. Not remotely impressed. Can see myself going hungry very soon :(

Poppy
04-01-2005, 09:57 PM
Awww...sorry about that, three seven. Mind if I smack you? :kiss:

:D

three seven
04-01-2005, 09:59 PM
:)

jdkiggins
04-01-2005, 10:03 PM
Moondancer, Maryn and Three, I'm really sorry you guys are having a bad day. I woke up to sunshine today. Waking up was a good thing; seeing sunshine was an added benefit. :)

Hope the rest of your day is better. :Sun:

Joanne

Sarita
04-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Can see myself going hungry very soon
Sorry you're having a bad day :( I have some tortellini, if you want to make the trip? :)

three seven
04-01-2005, 10:14 PM
Logic would suggest that if I can't afford tortellini then I probably can't afford to fly across the Atlantic, but thanks for the thought!

Sarita
04-01-2005, 10:18 PM
:rolleyes: Well sure, but I was justing looking for a smile.

Sarita
04-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Not even one, Three? One little smile? :)

three seven
04-01-2005, 10:40 PM
:)

Ok?

Sarita
04-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Yay! :)

Alphabeter
04-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Three-How about if I make the top 20, I'll send you three of my best box meals and two sets of cans? :fingercross:

three seven
04-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Hmmm.... let me think about that for a while.

Alphabeter
04-01-2005, 10:54 PM
And a mint wrap for your eyes.

Sarita
04-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Can I get in on this? My eyes could use some tlc.

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 11:00 PM
Can I have a crap day too? Got totally screwed on my pay today. Not remotely impressed. Can see myself going hungry very soon :(

Sorry to hear that. That happened to me recently. Someone I was working for made me wait a month to get paid. I was supposed to get paid every week. It was peanut butter sandwiches for a while there.

Alphabeter
04-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Can I get in on this? My eyes could use some tlc.
Sara my dear, how could I forget you? :o :Smack:

I abide by the same-should I make the top 20, I'll make a mint wrap for your eyes too. :Thumbs:

They're like baby wipes (same wetness and size) but with a minty smell. Works wonders on sore eyes.

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 11:07 PM
Woo, I just realized I'm a glorious blinking beacon! How did that happen? And it's not an April Fool's Joke.

Sarita
04-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Yay, Kate! You really are glorious! :D

rhymegirl
04-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Woke up with a headache. Ran out of cash and had to put something back at the store. Found out when I got home that The Kid ate part of the main course I'd planned for tonight sometime during the night, so I have to go out again. Scared (rightfully so) to get on the scale. (The Other Kid, who loves to bake, is also home on spring break, and damn, she's good.) Only got one rep point since last time I checked.

This is silly, of course, but I'm used to being the smart one, or the funny one, in small groups, and the 'competition' here (which isn't actually competing, of course) is pretty stiff! (This is the only place I go online where I ever laugh out loud.) Every time I think of some clever, compassionate, or wise response to give here, someone's beaten me to it, or more likely, already topped it.

Can I have a rep point if I promise to be clever, compassionate, or wise in the future?

Maryn

As I told you when I just gave you some points, you ARE clever, compassionate and wise. We all think so here. I guess we just forgot to tell you.

Alphabeter
04-01-2005, 11:26 PM

I dunno about Tom, but Dick, Harry and Jane are building a sauna with a wet-bar.

Sarita
04-01-2005, 11:34 PM
Oooo, sauna... wet-bar... sounds like my kinda place!

Sarita
04-01-2005, 11:35 PM
Okay, Kids. I'm off to clear my mind with a long walk in the woods. I knew I'd need that today. Leave me lots of points, so I know you miss me ;)

Alphabeter
04-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Done!

Sarita
04-02-2005, 02:13 AM
Thanks Guys... It was beautiful out there!

rhymegirl
04-02-2005, 02:26 AM
Nice nature photo! You brought the woods back with you, eh?

Sarita
04-02-2005, 02:29 AM
Yeah, I snapped about 50 pictures out there. It was gorgeous. The ice was melting and making this amazing tingling sound. It was so peaceful... just what I needed. :)

sthrnwriter
04-02-2005, 02:31 AM
Hey everyone. Sorry to hear that some of you are having a bad day. For once, my brother hasn't tried to play some joke on me. I don't think he even remembered today is April Fools Day. I hope it stays that way for the rest of the day.

Oh and congrats Kate on becoming a glorious beacon of light. I think your our shining my aura

MacAllister
04-02-2005, 02:36 AM
ya'll are gonna have to change the name of this thread if you're just going to hang out and visit--I haven't seen any shameless rep-point begging in a WHILE now...

jdkiggins
Sara,

I see two stumps there. When it gets warmer I'll come join you for that walk and we can sit and talk about writing as our feet dangle in the water. :)

Sarita
Didn't I do some a few posts back? :)

jdkiggins
04-02-2005, 02:37 AM
I got tired of begging, Mac. I figured if I didn't earn them....

sthrnwriter
04-02-2005, 02:41 AM
Please give me rep points. Please. Please.

Ok I fullfilled my rep point begging quota for the week. Besides its no fun getting rep points you didn't earn.

Poppy
04-02-2005, 02:45 AM
Just hanging out and chatting pads our personal (versus our AW) rep points. :)

MacAllister
04-02-2005, 02:46 AM
ya'll are some of my favorite peeps. :)

:kiss:

jdkiggins
04-02-2005, 02:47 AM
Yep, that's true, Poppy. My body was beginning to look like a prune from all the floating in the hot tub anyway. Mac may be right about changing the name of the thread. :)

jdkiggins
04-02-2005, 02:48 AM
:kiss: Back at you, Mac.

rhymegirl
04-02-2005, 02:51 AM
Thanks, Southern.

When I told my husband I was a glorious beacon of light he started laughing. And laughing....and laughing....

Sarita
04-02-2005, 02:51 AM
:kiss: Same here, Mac!

Poppy
04-02-2005, 02:55 AM
Yep, that's true, Poppy. My body was beginning to look like a prune from all the floating in the hot tub anyway. Mac may be right about changing the name of the thread. :)

How about Opti's House of Chaos? heehee

sthrnwriter
04-02-2005, 03:04 AM
Thanks, Southern.

When I told my husband I was a glorious beacon of light he started laughing. And laughing....and laughing....

Husbands. They just don't understand. Glad I don't have one of those yet.

awatkins
04-02-2005, 03:14 AM
Hey, thanks, Mac!!! You gave me just enough points...I love my new green square. :kiss:

awatkins
04-02-2005, 03:16 AM
ooops, it appears that I've temporarily exceeded my rep-point-bestowing-ability. I'll catch up asap. :)

sthrnwriter
04-02-2005, 03:22 AM
Congrats Anne! :hooray:

I'm about five points away from getting my second square.

Poppy
04-02-2005, 03:26 AM
Wow, my rep has gotten quite a boost in just the last little while.

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!
:Hail:

awatkins
04-02-2005, 03:29 AM

Thanks! As soon as I can hand out points again, I'll slip ya one. But I bet by that time, you'll have all you needed. :D

Sarita
04-02-2005, 03:34 AM
Wow, my rep has gotten quite a boost in just the last little whille.
Same here... I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy... :Hail::Hail::Hail:

rhymegirl
04-02-2005, 03:40 AM

Looks like you got your second blob!!

sthrnwriter
04-02-2005, 03:40 AM
Woohoo!!! I finally got my second square. Thanks everyone! :Hug2: :PartySmil :partyguy:

Sarita
04-02-2005, 03:41 AM
Wahoo for Southern and a spectacular aura!!

Poppy
04-02-2005, 03:43 AM
I would say they could be green M & M's, but they're round, not square. Perhaps green Chiclets? heehee

awatkins
04-02-2005, 04:00 AM
Congrats Sthrn! :Trophy:

jdkiggins
04-02-2005, 04:25 AM
Wow, congrats to everyone with all the shining going on. I guess I should have begged. Please! Please! Please!

I have no clue how many little nudges I need to be whatever is next. But I'll take whatever anyone feels they need to hand out. :)

three seven
04-02-2005, 05:06 AM
Nudged.

rhymegirl
04-02-2005, 05:10 AM
We're too sophisticated here to beg. Yeah, right.

Sarita
04-02-2005, 05:11 AM
We're too sophisticated here to beg. Yeah, right.:ROFL:

three seven
04-02-2005, 05:11 AM
I don't beg, I instruct.

Sarita
04-02-2005, 05:12 AM
I don't beg, I instruct.

I... nevermind. I'm leaving. See everyone tomorrow.

rhymegirl
04-02-2005, 05:13 AM
You're going? Hey, do you think Ray really did get married?

three seven
04-02-2005, 05:13 AM
Me too, I really AM going to bed.

Sarita
04-02-2005, 05:14 AM
You're going? Hey, do you think Ray really did get married?

Yeah, I was asked on a date by my husband. It must be bad when he has to ask... I don't believe Ray for one second, but I might have to eat my foot tomorrow, if it's true!

Sarita
04-02-2005, 05:15 AM
Me too, I really AM going to bed.
You are not!

three seven
04-02-2005, 05:16 AM
Yeah I am.

rhymegirl
04-02-2005, 05:17 AM
Did you play any April Fool jokes?

Sarita
04-02-2005, 05:18 AM
Did you play any April Fool jokes?

No, at this point, if I pulled anything on him, it would just be malicious. :) Okay, date time. See ya!

rhymegirl
04-02-2005, 05:19 AM
See ya.

Poppy
04-02-2005, 05:21 AM
I haven't played any (yet) and none have been played on me (yet). I would find it hard to believe anything today without sufficient evidence. :)

Poppy
04-02-2005, 05:21 AM
G'night Sara and Three Seven. :)