E-Zines & Greeting Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeytaxi

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

Good Evening. I hear that these two markets are great ways to get some published clips. Can you suggest any companies for beginners? I don't know if that is rude to ask, but I thought if anyone would know it would be you guys and gals. My Writer's Market doesn't seem to have those listed. I've searched the net for Greeting Card companies but most of their websites don't have writer information. Thank you. Selena :Coffee:

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
Hi hockeytaxi,

What topics do you like to/want to write about? That'll help me determine if I know any good ezines for you to check out.

BTW to all: How do you pronounce ezine? EE-zeen or ee-ZEEN? EE-zine or ee-ZINE (with the like sounding like "eye")? And is there a convention for spelling it? Ezine, ezine, e-zine, E-zine? Didn't Wired magazine just go through something like this with email/e-mail?

hockeytaxi

Registered
Reaction score
Good Evening Rose

I would like to write about family life, Minor hockey, public education, and humour to start. I am comfortable there. I've got to go to bed now though, I'm in my freezing cold office and I have to warm up. We heat by wood stove and it was a late hockey night so I didn't have a chance warm the room up. Thank you for looking into this for me. Good night.

Cate

Never Bored
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.catherineltully.com
hi

Well hello there! Hockey, huh? My uncle used to be pals with members of the Blackhawks when Tony Esposito was on the team . . . pretty neat, huh?
Try typing in something like "zine writer's guidelines" or "greeting card submissions" and see what happens on Google. You should get something to start out with.
Glad to have you here!

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Hey again hockeytaxi,

I'm so sorry, but I can only come up with one relevant suggestion. It seems our areas of interest just don't overlap much!

Family Travel Fun
http://www.familytravelfun.com/writersguidelines.html

I'd also suggest contacting all the free, local, non-glossy magazines in your area. These can usually be found at the grocery store, the vet's office, and the like. For example, where I live there's Pet Friendly (SW Idaho edition), Treasure Valley Family, Sprout (the Treasure Valley's Organic Journal)....you get the idea! These types of pubs are usually pretty open to unpublished writers.

Good luck!

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome HT!

Come on over to the Greeting Card and Slogans Message Board and we will answer all your greeting card questions!

hockeytaxi

Registered
Reaction score
Evening

Thank you for your suggestion Rose. I've got to do some more investigations with my best friend "Google". You may have met him. I'm curious and would like to take a stab at the cards. I'll try the other forum as well. Thank you for the welcome everyone. This has really been a great site for information so far.

I'm trying hard to not mess up as I'm exhausted writing this. I've put in a full day at work and was determined to get a filler finished and ready for mail tonight. I've managed to finish off letters/submission to 5 different mags. I am happy with that. Nobody every suggested that this wasn't easy so I guess I'll stop my whining and go to bed! :whip: Have a good night everyone. Selena

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Wow Selena - that's dedication...I'm impressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.