What's your best Christmas present?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, fess up.

What did Santa bring you that made you smile?

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
My husband surprised the hell out of me by giving me Tanzanite earrings. We were keeping it small this year (and I've said that the last thing I really need is more jewelry), but he knows I absolutely love Tanzanite, especially the deep blue stones. They are the most beautiful earrings I've ever seen - deep blue, trillion cut, set in white gold... I'm still smiling over them :D

Joycecwilliams

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, fess up.

What did Santa bring you that made you smile?

I received a lot of lovely presents. An amythest ring, a black onyx necklace, gold and diamond earrings, a digital picture frame.

However my very best present was sharing Christmas with my daughter who spent Christmas with me for the first time since 2002. She is a drug addict and has been in recovery for 1 1/2 years.

I love non presents like that. :) I am sooo happy she is clean and sober.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
42' Wall Mount Flat Screen TV.

ooh yeah!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
This year?

Or ever?

This year my bestest Christmas present were several Silver Age Tales of Suspense comics.

Although the set of nonstick frying pans with the little heat sensor in the center were nice, too.

Ever, was this really cool rifle from the 60s that had a rocket launcher, and a machine gun, and something like 10 or more different things it could do. Wish I could remember the name of it, but it was the bestest Christmas present evah!

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
A laser printer.

I also got a new laptop, and wish I could be happier about it, but I had very specific wants, and this one? This ain't it. The thing is, we discussed it. He said he wanted to surprise me with a new one for Christmas (my old one is busted), I said you know what would surprise me? If you actually listened when I said Don't buy me a laptop, that's something I want to do myself. Sigh. It's three inches bigger and four pounds heavier than the one I wanted. And non-returnable unless it was broken. Crapsticks.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's three inches bigger and four pounds heavier than the one I wanted. And non-returnable unless it was broken. Crapsticks.

Ebay?

:Shrug:

I apparently got a dog (at least I hope I did). Stalk my posts for the thread if ya like...

Cheers,
Christina

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
The Hemingway Cookbook was my best gift. One of my colleagues knows the author, knows my love for Hemingway and cooking, and got me a copy of the book and had it signed.

It's my favorite gift this Christmas - because it is just so perfect for me! :)

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Battlestar Galactica DVD set, the mini-series plus Seasons 1, 2 & 3.

-Derek

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
The Hemingway Cookbook was my best gift. One of my colleagues knows the author, knows my love for Hemingway and cooking, and got me a copy of the book and had it signed.

It's my favorite gift this Christmas - because it is just so perfect for me! :)
I thought Hemmingway was dead. How did you get his autograph?

;)

Mystic Blossom

My heart's a battleground
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rachellieberman.wordpress.com
My ex actually gave me a surprising Christmas present that made my stressful Christmas much better.

As far as material possessions go, my best present from Christmas/Hanukkah (though I primarily celebrate Hanukkah), is a toss-up between the Kingdom Hearts trading cards from my roommate and a GPS from my mommy.

Mom'sWrite

Service with a smile
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.returnengagement.blogspot.com
I got to see my kids have a merry Christmas day. I got to watch them get excited as they unwrapped each gift and exclaim, "Oh my gosh, it's just the one I wanted!" I got to be in the room when they each crawled on to their daddy's lap, one at a time, as he sat in his wheelchair, wind their arms around his neck and whisper, "I'm glad you're here with us instead of being dead," in his ear. That evening, I got a minute to sit in front of the Christmas tree (which really turned out nicely although it took me a week to decorate it and will probably take a month for me to undecorate it), see the full moon reflecting off the pool and thank God that I didn't have to go through this holiday as a new widow. I usually ask for peace on Earth for Christmas and my birthday (I've never gotten it though), this year all I asked for was for us to be together one more time. It was all I wanted and all I received, so it's all good.

Mystic Blossom

My heart's a battleground
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rachellieberman.wordpress.com
I have an amendment. My mom had to give me most of my presents last night because of time reasons, and among them was a brand new edition of the Writer's Market! Perfect!

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
I got an iBook w/wireless internet access. I can take it anywhere in the house.

You won't believe where I am right now...

Lyra Jean

Two years old now.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beyondtourism.wordpress.com
My dad is paying for six months of unlimited text messaging so I can talk to my boyfriend. He lives in Del Ray I live in Bradenton. That's about 400 miles apart. It's the best Christmas present I've gotten.

Why is it saying I misspelled Bradenton?