PDA

View Full Version : My Sister's Boob Job

Silver King
11-24-2007, 06:18 AM
My sister wants me to help enhance her breasts. No kidding.

She's been after me to write an essay on her behalf so she can enter a radio contest to win a free boob job. The station is giving away a dozen procedures in honor of the twelve days of Christmas.

Until recently, I've resisted and explained she looks fine the way she is and doesn't need cosmetic surgery. (I've seen her topless before, most recently on my boat while she sunbathed with my wife, and both women are stunning and perfectly natural.) She countered with, at her age (early forties), all she wants is "a little lift." I said, "What if something happens to you? I'd feel responsible if you won based on my essay. It's an operation, remember? They'll cut you open and you could die or get a horrible infection or whatever."

Another thing that bothers me is the ethical angle off passing on my words to someone else as if they were written by her. Is it fair to the other contest entrants who haven't had their essays ghostwritten? Would it constitute a form of fraud?

Three of the twelve winners have already been announced. Their writing is awful. I'm amazed they would even be considered as runner ups, let alone winners. The point is, if I write the essay, even with the left and right side of my brain tied behind my knobby cranium, she'll win, of that I'm certain.

She really has me in a spot. I love her and want to help and see her happy, but there is a side of me that is repelled by the notion, and I would tell anyone else who approached me with such a scheme to screw off in no uncertain terms.

As far as she knows, I'm still undecided, though I wanted to bring it up here to gain feedback from others who could offer advice on how I should proceed.

DamaNegra
11-24-2007, 06:21 AM
Well, it's as if you won a contest or something and decided to give the prize to someone else. I don't see what the problem is there.

Little Red Barn
11-24-2007, 06:22 AM
She's your sister Silver. I only wish I could do such a small thing for mine, but she sits alone, an angel, now frozen perpetual in concrete, in a lone graveyard. But it's ultimately your decision. :shrug:
hugs

Perks
11-24-2007, 06:30 AM
Do it. Think of the blackmail leverage you'll have -- forever. It's boobs, man.

Soccer Mom
11-24-2007, 06:32 AM
I've thought of having mine done. Not that they need to be bigger, it would just be nice to have them back where they belong.

Do it.

Unique
11-24-2007, 06:32 AM
they have exercises for that. :tongue

cut? me? there?

NOT.

Haggis
11-24-2007, 06:34 AM
I'm still trying to visualize a fish with breasts.

I'm also trying, very hard, to visulalize an invitation for a boat ride. :e2brows:

SpookyWriter
11-24-2007, 06:38 AM
I'm still trying to visualize a fish with breasts.Wanda?

CatSlave
11-24-2007, 06:43 AM
If your male intuition is screaming "Don't do it" then...don't do it.

Trust your gut feeling on this.

reigningcatsndogs
11-24-2007, 06:43 AM
It's surgery and surgery can go wrong, and it can be a whole lot harder to fix. Sorry to be negative, but I've had surgery that was terribly screwed up -- twice. It's no fun.

billythrilly7th
11-24-2007, 06:45 AM
I'm gonna need some pics in order to best advise you on this one, Silver.

I can't advise blind.

PM me when they're posted.

Thanks.

William Haskins
11-24-2007, 06:45 AM
write it on the condition that you split the prize 50/50. each of you then get one tit mounted in the center of your chests. it'll look awkward, of course, but it'll make for great conversation at family gatherings.

CatSlave
11-24-2007, 06:46 AM
Anyway, what kind of idiot doctor would give away boob jobs to radio contest winners?

I wouldn't trust him/her perform surgery on my cat, much less on someone I love.

Silver King
11-24-2007, 06:54 AM
...Not that they need to be bigger, it would just be nice to have them back where they belong.
That's exactly what my sister said. She's not into the bigger aspect at all but merely the way they used to be. (Why am I humming Streisand's, The Way We Were?) :)

I kid, but I'm serious to know how people feel. Thus far, those in favor of the lift have the ayes...

jst5150
11-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Another thing that bothers me is the ethical angle off passing on my words to someone else as if they were written by her. Is it fair to the other contest entrants who haven't had their essays ghostwritten? Would it constitute a form of fraud?
In a contest where the grand prize is new boobs? In an industry who's leading role model is a guy named "Dr. 90210"?

There are 6,800 plastic surgeons in this country. I'm not sure ANY of them would mind ... :-) There's greater moral high ground to cover. For now, go win that contest for her ...

PS is it ironic your sig line right now is "Get a grip. Then hold on"? Just sayin' ... :-)

Rolling Thunder
11-24-2007, 07:05 AM
Boy, I ain't touching this thread.

Okay if I hang around and stare though?

P.H.Delarran
11-24-2007, 07:06 AM
Do the rules state that the essay has to be written by the entrant? Our local station does a holiday giveaway where the entrant can write on their own behalf, or on the behalf of others. I do agree it would be weird and wrong to pass your words off as hers.
Also, if the first winner was a poor writer, sounds like the winners are picked maybe for the reason behind wanting the operation, rather than the quality of the essay. I would think the biggest ethical issue there would be making your essay sincere-if you really can't wrap yourself around the idea-don't do it.
But one thing to remember about boob jobs is that it's a really personal decision, while you may think she's beautiful as is, it could really be a special gift to her.

Silver King
11-24-2007, 07:13 AM
write it on the condition that you split the prize 50/50...
Funny you should say that (after being cut off in mid-stream) as I'm tempted to tell her to pay me three grand or so if she wins.

I think the whole contest has her in a buzz, and she wants to hear her name over the radio, similar to how some writers yearn to see their name in print.

P.H.Delarran
11-24-2007, 07:16 AM
In a contest where the grand prize is new boobs? In an industry who's leading role model is a guy named "Dr. 90210"?

There are 6,800 plastic surgeons in this country. I'm not sure ANY of them would mind ... :-) There's greater moral high ground to cover. For now, go win that contest for her ...

Sure, the surgeons might not care, but the other contestants might. Seems wrong to say it's OK to stretch ethics just because the situation could be seen as superficial. And new boobs to some women can be a life changing experience, not superficial at all.
But maybe the rules allow for it, (ghost writing) and it's no biggie.

Joe270
11-24-2007, 07:34 AM
Here's a starter for ya, Silver:

All I want for Christmas is my two huge boobs,
my two huge boobs,
see my two huge boobs.

rhymegirl
11-24-2007, 07:35 AM
I say don't do it.

For TWO reasons (and yes that's a bit of a pun)
1. I wouldn' t write something for someone and let them take credit for it.
and
2. I don't think women should have boob jobs unless there is a real medical reason for it.
I'd only do it if I had cancer and had to have one removed (reconstructive surgery). The other case would be a woman who was so large she was having back pain.

Yes, lots of things can go wrong when someone has plastic surgery.

jst5150
11-24-2007, 07:38 AM
Sure, the surgeons might not care, but the other contestants might. Seems wrong to say it's OK to stretch ethics just because the situation could be seen as superficial. And new boobs to some women can be a life changing experience, not superficial at all.
But maybe the rules allow for it, (ghost writing) and it's no biggie.
He's counting on the contestants to be as ethical as he is. My guess? These contestants have about the same ethics as a ticket scalper and will use all means necessary to win.

Besides, sell her all the rights to it for $1. Then SHE owns it and can say she wrote it if she wants. As Dave Sim wrote in Cerebus, "My money. My magic."

And like there aren;t a MILLION ghost writers out there?

P.H.Delarran
11-24-2007, 07:49 AM
He's counting on the contestants to be as ethical as he is. My guess? These contestants have about the same ethics as a ticket scalper and will use all means necessary to win.

LOL-do you really think that? Just about boob-job contests..or all contests? I'd hope-and bet, that a good percentage of contestants in any type of contest don't cheat or stretch the rules to win.

astonwest
11-24-2007, 07:51 AM
1. I wouldn' t write something for someone and let them take credit for it.
Maybe you wouldn't, but there are a number of folks out there who have no problem ghost writing...
2. I don't think women should have boob jobs unless there is a real medical reason for it.
I'd only do it if I had cancer and had to have one removed (reconstructive surgery). The other case would be a woman who was so large she was having back pain.My wife keeps threatening to get a reduction...such blasphemy...unfortunately (or not), we don't have the funds to do such a thing. :)

rhymegirl
11-24-2007, 08:02 AM
Maybe you wouldn't, but there are a number of folks out there who have no problem ghost writing...

Um...let me be clear.

I am assuming that the person entering the contest is supposed to write an essay explaining her reason for wanting a boob job. Wouldn't it make sense for a woman to write such an article, not a man? If you win by writing something compelling, something good, you should write it yourself.

reigningcatsndogs
11-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Okay, Iím going to be the poop on the big boob parade, but I do not want to beat the issue into submission, and honestly, I canít believe Iím actually going to say any of this to you. I've had two surgeries that went terribly wrong (neither was a boob job). One was after an accident -- I needed to have ribs removed. The concern was the ribs and what was underneath them. The result was a butcher job to what was above them, although it was an unintentionally thing. It's been twenty years. I have never been in a position to afford surgery to correct. The doctors all argue about who is at fault, so nothing gets done. It has shattered a lot of my confidence, and over time, has definitely contributed difficulty in personal relationships (who wants to go out with the circus sideshow freak, damaged goodsÖ). It's stupid, it's boobs and it shouldn't matter, but it does. Yes, people stare. I've thought about getting shirts with eyeballs down there, but itís easier to stay inside and away from them all.

I think what I'm trying to say is my position in this situation would be that unnecessary surgery is always a risk and can have long-lasting, unexpected results (my second one was day surgery that turned into week surgery because the doctor nicked an artery -- they had no blood ready because it was routine day surgery). From a selfish perspective, if I could enter the contest, seeing a ray of hope at the end of the tunnel, and I lost because I wasn't the best writer in the bunch, I would be devastated. Being pragmatic, there is nothing to say the other ladies who enter 'need' it either, so maybe that doesn't count for much. Would I love perky ones Ė hell yes! But I would love even more to have ones that gracefully attest to the natural aging of what the good lord gave me. I donít know that my life, or me emotional health is worth the risk of wanting just Ďperkyí.

BenPanced
11-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Funny you should say that (after being cut off in mid-stream) as I'm tempted to tell her to pay me three grand or so if she wins.

I think the whole contest has her in a buzz, and she wants to hear her name over the radio, similar to how some writers yearn to see their name in print.

If that's the case, I'd tell my sister to wait until they were giving away tickets to Bon Jovi and win those.

I'm in the "only for medically necessary purposes" camp.

jst5150
11-24-2007, 08:20 AM
LOL-do you really think that? Just about boob-job contests..or all contests? I'd hope-and bet, that a good percentage of contestants in any type of contest don't cheat or stretch the rules to win.
I'm not sure the dollar value of the surgery -- $25,000? Somewhere in that ballpark? So, yes, I firmly believe there are people who will game the system for a $25,000 prize. A good percentage of people also don't suck up all the Hannah Montana tickets to sell scalped at a bolstered price. Just a small percentage. But enough, however, to shift the thinking a bit.

Again, that's a facet of it. he can certainly find ethical ways to allow her to enter his work. For instance, he could make it public domain.

poetinahat
11-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Do I understand correctly that some people consider that it's okay to plagiarise, as long as everyone else is doing it?

I must re-ask p.h.'s question: Do the contest rules require that the entrant write the words herself?

If the answer is 'no', then, by all means, do it and do it well.

But if the answer is 'yes', then there is no choice. She has to write that essay herself. Anything else is dishonest, and it doesn't matter in the least whether every other entrant is cheating, AND it's plagiarism. Who among us could support that?

Dino, the fact that you're even asking the question tells me you've got doubts. It's not just her that would have to live with this; it's you. You already know this, otherwise you wouldn't be asking.

Could she afford the surgery anyway? If not, hold a bake sale or something. But your soul is worth way more than any contest prize.

Here's a poetical plea for integrity from W.B. Yeats:

To a Friend whose Work has come to Nothing (http://www.bartleby.com/147/6.html)

NOW all the truth is out,
Be secret and take defeat
From any brazen throat,
For how can you compete,
Being honour bred, with one
Who, were it proved he lies,
Were neither shamed in his own
Nor in his neighbours’ eyes?
Bred to a harder thing
Than Triumph, turn away
And like a laughing string
Whereon mad fingers play
Amid a place of stone,
Be secret and exult,
Because of all things known
That is most difficult.

scarletpeaches
11-24-2007, 08:58 AM
( @ ) ( @ )
...)......(
..(...\ /...)
...|...|...|

P.H.Delarran
11-24-2007, 09:00 AM
( @ ) ( @ )
...)......(
.( \ / )
...| | |
I think the nipple placement is off.

Jean Marie
11-24-2007, 09:15 AM
As others have already said, Dino, if the rules say that the entrant has to write the essay, than you've got your answer. In which case, you'll have to come up w/ something else for a stocking stuffer...I cannot believe no one hasn't said that, yet...

KTC
11-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Google 'Plastic Surgery Deaths' or 'Plastic Surgery Breast Surgery Deaths'. I have always been dead against plastic surgery. I firmly believe that we should all keep the bodies we have been dealt. It is so sad that people feel they need to change their bodies. Please do what you can to dissuade her. There is nothing funny about plastic surgery.

Jean Marie
11-24-2007, 09:25 AM
Which is why I was being funny about it. I've never really understood plastic surgery, to begin w/.

Mac, please quit playing w/ the Merry Christmas avatar thingie, I'm about to throw up :) the screen keeps bouncing...and bouncing...I'm seasick...

KTC
11-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Sorry, Jean...I wasn't singling anybody out by saying it's not funny. I was just responding to the original post. (I hadn't yet read the rest of the thread.)

P.H.Delarran
11-24-2007, 09:32 AM
Mac, please quit playing w/ the Merry Christmas avatar thingie, I'm about to throw up :) the screen keeps bouncing...and bouncing...I'm seasick...
so that's what that is!
I almost tossed out my drink-whew-you saved me :D

poetinahat
11-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Well, it's as if you won a contest or something and decided to give the prize to someone else. I don't see what the problem is there.
But if the essay says "written by Mitzi", when Mitzi didn't write it, it's not the same at all.

Jean Marie
11-24-2007, 09:35 AM
I know, Kevin, I just got home and was catching up w/ the thread. No worries as I happen to agree w/ you. Plastic surgery isn't all that safe to begin w/, anyway. All kinds of things can go wrong and why change what you've got. It's more of the immediate gratification thing this world seems to have going that bothers me. And, if I don't like it, I'll just alter it.

Jean Marie
11-24-2007, 09:37 AM
so that's what that is!
I almost tossed out my drink-whew-you saved me :D
Keep the drink! Mac and Lisa are playing screwing around w/ the house decorations, until they're just right :D

My stomach's just calming down.

MacAllister
11-24-2007, 09:38 AM

I dunno...if you move your cursor really fast, you can still click on stuff before it jumps away...

Jean Marie
11-24-2007, 09:42 AM
I dunno...if you move your cursor really fast, you can still click on stuff before it jumps away...
:e2tongue: click this! or not...

Susie
11-24-2007, 10:07 AM
My feeling is knowing how you are, Silver, you'll do the right thing and your sister will be alright with your decision. Wishing you both much good luck.

oswann
11-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Teach your sister how to write if you want to do something for her.

Os.

arodriguez
11-24-2007, 12:45 PM
If your male intuition is screaming "Don't do it" then...don't do it.

Trust your gut feeling on this.

I thought women wee supposed to trust their intuition, not men. Last time i trusted teh ugly INT word i woke up naked with a hangover two towns over on a high school ball field. sheesh

Go give her the breasts. She wants it,and the BREAST is a beautiful thing.

Elodie-Caroline
11-24-2007, 02:19 PM
I don't believe in cheating of any kind, I believe in fair play; so no, don't do it, it's not fair on the other contestants.

I can't believe how much of this kind of thing I see on the internet on forums. On a couple of other forums (not writing) I've belonged to in the past, I've seen people asking their forum member friends to go and vote for photos of their babies, scenery they've taken etc and it irks me. This means that the real winners with the best work are cheated out of what should rightly be theirs.

Competitions are supposed to be won fairly and squarely, not by cheats.

Elodie

aruna
11-24-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm with fair play, unless the rules clearly say that ghost-written entries are OK.

As for the boob job: if she gets it she'll love it.. for a while. Sooner or later, though, there'll be some other part of her body she she'll hate. ARe you going to fix that too? Vanity has no end...

It's a fact of nature than our bodies don't stay 20 forever. You're not really helping her by upholding the illusion of eternal youth.
I won't even mention the risks of surgery. (oops! I just did!)

Just my 2c, what I would do. Go with your own conscience.

Christine N.
11-24-2007, 04:47 PM
I say don't do it.

The other case would be a woman who was so large she was having back pain.

That would be me. Please help me, the middle of my upper back screams in pain!

LOL. My sister, who had negative A cups (I'm not even kidding, they were teeny tiny.) had a boob job. She looks fine, nothing major. But another friend of a friend had one years ago (she was an erotic dancer, maybe she wrote it off as a business expense?) and the one got all messed up in the nipple area.

So there you are.

Unique
11-24-2007, 04:51 PM
That would be me. Please help me, the middle of my upper back screams in pain!

LOL. My sister, who had negative A cups (I'm not even kidding, they were teeny tiny.) had a boob job. She looks fine, nothing major. But another friend of a friend had one years ago (she was an erotic dancer, maybe she wrote it off as a business expense?) and the one got all messed up in the nipple area.

So there you are.

Originally Posted by rhymegirl http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1833670#post1833670)
I say don't do it.

The other case would be a woman who was so large she was having back pain.

would get my vote. i'd cut them off myself if i had to. count on it.

kalel32
11-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Is your sister married? Have kids? These things make a difference when making this decision.

My wife wants a boob reduction and I agree as long as its after we have kids, because implants don't do well during pregnancy. BTW she's like triple D or larger depending on the time of the month.lol

robeiae
11-24-2007, 05:57 PM
Teach your sister how to write if you want to do something for her.

Os.
Or how to fish.

Stacia Kane
11-24-2007, 06:46 PM
Why not have her write the essay, then crit it for her and help her clean it up? You're still giving her the benefit of your skill, but not cheating.

I've promised my best friend that if I ever make decent money from this, I'll buy her some boobs. We're going to have them done together--something I've always wanted (getting them done, not necessarily getting them done with someone else.)

robeiae
11-24-2007, 06:52 PM
I've promised my best friend that if I ever make decent money from this, I'll buy her some boobs.You could probably buy RT and Haggis for a song. They're a fine pair of boobs.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

kalel32
11-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Boooobs....just saying.

Cassiopeia
11-24-2007, 07:03 PM
I agree with DecemberQueen, have her write it and you help her polish it up nice and pretty. Then it is HER work and that is a fair and honest way to carry on with it. :)

TrainofThought
11-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Do I understand correctly that some people consider that it's okay to plagiarise, as long as everyone else is doing it?

I must re-ask p.h.'s question: Do the contest rules require that the entrant write the words herself?

If the answer is 'no', then, by all means, do it and do it well.

But if the answer is 'yes', then there is no choice. She has to write that essay herself. Anything else is dishonest, and it doesn't matter in the least whether every other entrant is cheating, AND it's plagiarism. Who among us could support that?

Dino, the fact that you're even asking the question tells me you've got doubts. It's not just her that would have to live with this; it's you. You already know this, otherwise you wouldn't be asking.You're so smart Poet. :Hug2:

No to writing the essay for her.

As for boob jobs in general = SAD, unless there is a deformity.

wyntermoon
11-24-2007, 08:33 PM
I try to stay out of boob-themed posts but I see nothing wrong with having her write the essay then you crit/edit it to help it be the best it can. She benefits from giving the contest a real chance and you keep your integrity in check. ;)

NeuroFizz
11-24-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm afraid I'm against boob jobs unless they have a medical basis (like Kathy said upthread). If you join in on this, make sure it is clearly understood that you bear no obligation for the removal or further alteration of said inserts when age and/or normal bodily defense mechanisms make them look more like crap than they do when they are first put in. Make sure your involvement in getting the sacs does not obligate you to pay any ensuing medical bills if the surgery goes wrong, or if, as a later date, additional surgeries are needed to correct/repair any problems.

Finally, on the ghost writing thing, there is a simple solution that may get you off the hook. When our students write research papers, first authorship is determined by who writes the first rough draft. Have her write the first rough draft (seriously experssing her own thoughts). Then, you can step in as an editor and improve the writing in a way that it represents the best possible expression of those thoughts of hers. I presume she has some thoughts on the matter, or she shouldn't even think of entering the contest.

NOTE IN EDIT: This idea was composed by Wyntermoon while I was typing mine, so credit for the idea goes there. My post just backs it up.

Essays for cosmetic boob jobs... It's like a Wizard of Oz kind of thing isn't it? An essay? If I only had a brain...oh, wait. Forget about the brain, get me bigger boobs, please.

wyntermoon
11-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Thank you, Fizz, but the real credit goes to DecemberQuinn for the original idea. I am merely the backup singer. :D

rhymegirl
11-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Essays for cosmetic boob jobs... It's like a Wizard of Oz kind of thing isn't it? An essay? If I only had a brain...oh, wait. Forget about the brain, get me bigger boobs, please.

Not that this whole matter is funny, because it really isn't but...

Can you imagine a modern day Wizard of Oz movie? That's what Dorothy would be asking the Wizard for--a boob job.

And the song she could sing could be somthing like this:

"I'd be sexy, I'd be pretty,
Sure to please in any city,
If I only had big boobs."

Silver King
11-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I really appreciate the thoughtful responses here, and the humorous ones, too.

The closest I've been to someone who has had implants was a receptionist who used to work for me some years ago. She was a lovely woman in her mid-twenties, and from speaking with her, the operation was meant strictly to boost her self-image. She took a two week leave of absence, and when she returned, the change was dramatic. Not only did the size increase at least five-fold, but she started showing a lot of cleavage around the office, wearing tops with plunging necklines that drove other employees to distraction.

Her attitude changed as well. She became more self-assured, which gradually took on a haughty tone that was irritating and unnecessary.

One day before she left work, she said, "You wanna see my boobs?"

I was shocked, to say the least, and more than a little curious. When I caught my breath enough to speak, I said, "Sure, why not?"

Instead of disrobing, she reached in her purse and pulled out an envelope. Inside were two photos, the before and after images of her breasts. I studied those for a time and concluded her pre-implant body was far superior to her post-surgical one. Her breasts were on the small side before, but they were perfectly shaped, crowned with delicious looking nipples that I can still recall in detail to this day. By contrast, her new look seemed distorted, the skin stretched to capacity, and I could tell the breasts would be hard to the touch, about as unyielding as pressing someone's knees.

I've been thinking a lot about that woman and her misshapen boobs lately. And I've decided, based upon the excellent advice offered here, not to mention my own reservations, that my sister should write her own darn essay. I'll offer to edit the content, but only with a light touch. She's coming over this afternoon, and I'll speak with her then.

Thanks all for your help. :)

CatSlave
11-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Good decision!

Here's an article on cnn.com today that you/your sister might find of interest.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/11/22/ep.cosmetic.surgery/index.html

Still homesick for Pass-A-Grille...

robeiae
11-24-2007, 11:02 PM
I really appreciate the thoughtful responses here...
Happy to do my part. :D

Seriously, I agree with Kathy and Fizzy on the plastic surgery issue and December on the writing of the essay issue...for what it's worth.

Jean Marie
11-24-2007, 11:11 PM
Very good decision, Dino!

There's been a lot on the news, of late about boob jobs and the ensuing problems. Probably not coincidental.

Good luck w/ talking your sister out of it. Click some of the links, print them out, and hand them to her. Have her do some serious reading about what goes wrong and ask her if it's worth it.

My mom had to go through it, 'cause of breast cancer, and she hated the feel of the new one. Not much choice, though. Btw, it had to be replaced after 10 years, they leak. That's the lifespan of 'em. You might want to mention that, too.

jst5150
11-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Just some post-decision comments (and apologies for the late follow-up; I just spent six hours out with my 2-year-old daughter):

-- Your parents are angry at Delta Airlines for screwing them over on their latest vacation. They don't know how to quite put it into words to ensure they get what's due to them as customers, but they want to write the company a letter all the same. You're the good writer in the family. Do you refuse?

-- Your boss said the IT department -- your department -- has done a bang up job this quarter and he wants "a few words from you" to put into his latest column. Really, as with other sections of the office, he's asking for words he's going to use in his own byline to help raise morale and bolster the team. Although it may be nothing more than numbers and statistics, and maybe a few people praised, eventually, it will end up in his column. Do you say no, knowing what you give him will be used the way you think it will be used?

-- Your wife wins an award and she's got to give a speech next week. She can put together a few words, but she's about 14 minutes short of the 15 minutes they have asked her to speak. You could get her through the evening without a hitch. Do you tell her 'no' in favor of standing firm on her 'using her own words'?

The examples illustrate a point. In short, the contest is about commerce. Not the great American novel. Not the next Book of Five Rings. Not Wordsworth. His sister wanted to enter a contest where the grand prize was plastic surgery. And since there's nothing here to indicate medical issue, it's a vanity fair. And while there is a closet full of ramifications here, I can think of none of them -- were I close to my sister -- that would have me refuse her the opportunity to profit from my -- a family member's -- writing skills.

Writing on spec is a business. Public relations firms write copy for corporations and receive zero credit. Obituaries don't write themselves. There's also a ton of magazine columns with no byline and zero credit. Speech writers put words into presidents mouths all the time, yet we believe we are motivated by the man himself. Designers write copy for Web sites. The list goes on. Point? There are thousands of uncredited writers out there. And few of them go into this with the sort humility and kindness Silver would have approached the subject.

To cheat the contest would involve some sort of malice. There is no intent to harm the company holding the contest nor the contestants. And of course, he's going to talk with her about this before he writes it, which fits the earlier solutions offered here of "get with her, help her gather her thoughts and help her write it."

However, with respect to the "absolutely under no circumstances," let's step out of the ivory writing tower for a moment so the cleaning crews can come in and sweep up a bit, then ask for pragmatism, hmm? :-) Silver offering to write the piece on his sister's behalf -- after gathering facts and speaking wiht her about this -- is about as close to cheating or plagiarism as Montel Williams is to psychiatry.

Medievalist
11-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Err. . .. it sorta depends on the contest's specific rules, actually.

And generally there's a copyright/ indemnity clause.

rhymegirl
11-25-2007, 12:24 AM
Dino, happy to help.

Keep us abreast of the situation, okay?

Rolling Thunder
11-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Dino, happy to help.

Keep us abreast of the situation, okay?

:rolleyes:

Kathy, Kathy, Kathy. *sigh*

KTC
11-25-2007, 12:35 AM
Kathy....2 DAY TIMEOUT for bad humor.

Silver King
11-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Jason brings up some good points upthread. Like some of us here, I'm sure, I've been the family writer for many years, helping with letters, essays, announcements, homework, etc. I've tutored more relatives than I can count, which has always brought me a measure of satisfaction, even when my services are taken more or less for granted.

It feels good in a way to draw the line here. Now I understand better what my limits are, and how far I'll go to help someone in a writing capacity.

It was important for me to hear the thoughts of others regarding this matter, and I really appreciate everyone's feedback. I was also surprised and pleased to see the boob jokes were kept to a bare minimum. ;)

jst5150
11-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Wait. We could do boob jokes?

Siddow
11-25-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm surprised nobody commented on the ick factor of seeing your adult sister topless. :D

Tiger
11-25-2007, 01:35 AM
At least your sister wants the freebie and does not seem willing to borrow against her life insurance to get it (them?).

As for her desire for the procedure? Her body; her decision.

Silver King
11-25-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm surprised nobody commented on the ick factor of seeing your adult sister topless. :D
I almost kept that out of the original post, but how else would I explain her breasts look fine the way they are, at least to a casual observer?

She's never been shy around me, even while we were growing up. We've always been close, more like best friends, despite those pesky boobs. :)

Rolling Thunder
11-25-2007, 01:45 AM
Even I thought about poking my eyes out with a fork. Um...then I realized, she isn't *my* sister. :D

Siddow
11-25-2007, 01:47 AM
I almost kept that out of the original post, but how else would I explain her breasts look fine the way they are, at least to a casual observer?

Breasts (natural ones) always look fine, don't they? :)

rhymegirl
11-25-2007, 02:13 AM
:rolleyes:

Kathy, Kathy, Kathy. *sigh*

Hey. I was just trying to lighten things up a bit. I thought SK could use a little bit of humor.

WerenCole
11-25-2007, 07:37 AM
Hey, anything to win a writing contest, right?

wyntermoon
11-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Hey, anything to win a writing contest, right?

Good point. You could add this to your clips. ;)

Cassiopeia
11-25-2007, 08:58 AM

She's never been shy around me, even while we were growing up. We've always been close, more like best friends, despite those pesky boobs. :)
I know families who walk around naked and never give it a second thought. We aren't talking incest here. It's simple nudity. I'm sure she hasn't got anything that SK hasn't already seen.

Joe270
11-25-2007, 12:35 PM
I studied those for a time and concluded her pre-implant body was far superior to her post-surgical one. Her breasts were on the small side before, but they were perfectly shaped, crowned with delicious looking nipples that I can still recall in detail to this day. By contrast, her new look seemed distorted, the skin stretched to capacity, and I could tell the breasts would be hard to the touch, about as unyielding as pressing someone's knees.

I don't understand the popularity of boob jobs. Fake boobs are just that, fake. Rather like looking at naked cartoons rather than naked women. I've seen my fair share of implants, and it always seems those women who get them are rather eager to show them off, and, no, they didn't show me photos.

Variety is the spice of life. Boob jobs are making the US the boob mediocrity capital of the world, sorta like a McBoob's.

Besides the fact that, for most men, boobs start dropping in popularity for other female parts after the pre-puberty, puberty, and early twenties, then really plummet after a couple kids come along and they are set to practical use. It seems to me that women are behind the popularity of boob jobs, just like women are behind the popularity of SUVs, the bigger the better.

I can't even recall how many times I've heard the women with new boobs say 'And my clothes fit so much better now' while their tops are stretched so close to the tolerances of their breaking strength that I'm fearing shrapnel will riddle the walls any second.

My MIL survived breast cancer. She was amazingly lucky, given a 3% survival chance when diagnosed, a drug came on the market about a month later which targeted her specific cancer. Still, the damage was severe, even without surgery she would have been disfigured. She is not a candidate for enhancement surgery; she could wear falsies but does not. She is who she is, and she shows her survival everyday everywhere she goes. She doesn't evoke pity, she commands respect.

But I digress. Yes, natural is way better. Then again, maybe I'm just attracted to women who have a lot more going on upstairs than boobs.

aruna
11-25-2007, 12:45 PM
Thank God for that!

Jst made some good points, but I think the issue was writing something that you do not support, for a goal you do not support. I could not, would not do that. It's a question of authenticity.

eodmatt
11-25-2007, 01:13 PM
Never mind all that. Does your sister want a second opinion?

Liam Jackson
11-25-2007, 01:17 PM
Just consider this a ghost writing gig ;)

Good fortune to you both.

LJ

aruna
11-25-2007, 02:37 PM
Thank God for that!

Jst made some good points, but I think the issue was writing something that you do not support, for a goal you do not support. I could not, would not do that. It's a question of authenticity.

AHem. That word "support" in the context of this thread might be misunderstood. My apologies. (And thanks to Unique for pointing this ouit via rep!)

Rolling Thunder
11-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Variety is the spice of life. Boob jobs are making the US the boob mediocrity capital of the world, sorta like a McBoob's.

They wouldn't have to change the logo one bit.
http://www.natashatynes.org/photos/uncategorized/mcd_1.gif

Um....And I'd stop there every day if they offered McBoobs.

:e2paperba

Christine N.
11-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Would I have mine shaped up if I could? Yep. I could use a lift and a reduction. In a heartbeat, 'cause these girls are saggin'. I guess that happens with breastfeeding a kid for 18 months, eh?

Still...I'd like to have them be a little..uh...perkier...without the use of a bra the size of Ontario.

Cath
11-25-2007, 05:10 PM
Um....And I'd stop there every day if they offered McBoobs.
They do. Just eat a few of their specials every day and you'll have a pair of your own.

astonwest
11-25-2007, 05:27 PM
They do. Just eat a few of their specials every day and you'll have a pair of your own.And another pair on the opposite end...

Carole
11-25-2007, 05:58 PM
I've wanted a boob lift for years. After my high school mini-reunion / breakfast yesterday, I REALLY want a lift. One of my dearest friends from high school has been taunting me by saying that she has a few "racy" photos of me from back in the day. I remembered posing for one of them, but I nearly fell over when she showed me the rest. Apparently as a teenager I had no problem flashing the camera. I forgot how far north those puppies used to be!!

I don't think there's anything wrong with cosmetic surgery if you're having it done for you and not because someone else thinks you need it. As for writing the essay for your sister, I like the suggestion of her writing and you editing. You'd be able to offer your expertise and you both would have your integrity intact. :D

Just my $0.02

eodmatt
11-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Perky tits are alright on perky youngsters. My own view - and I suspect that I may be in a minority here - is that gravitationally challenged tits are visible evidence of highly honourable rites of passage and should therefore be revered.

NeuroFizz
11-25-2007, 10:10 PM
So, on the writing thing. Mrs. Fizzy just applied for a post-grad teaching licensure program at my university. Part of the application involved writing two essays, one on personal goals and one on how the university's specific programs would benefit her in her continuing education. I could have talked with her, collected some ideas, and written the essays for her (she was agonizing about them for weeks). But I wouldn't have felt it was right, even though the essays are probably not read during the admissions screening unless the candidate is marginal in terms of qualifications. In the end, she didn't even want me to put on my editing hat. She didn't mind that I read them, but only after she submitted them. I did read them, and I could have juiced them up, but it was her application, her thoughts that were important, her writing that should have been evaluated because it was her challenge. This wasn't a contest for a pair of plastic sacs, it was for admission to an educational program, so the ethical stakes were higher. Or were they really higher? So what if the speed limit says 45. I can go 55 and no one will know the difference. So what if I shoplift that 49-cent eraser for my pencil. The store can afford 49 cents. It's not like I'm taking that $1,500 computer or anything. It's okay if it's a teeny little ethical slip, no biggie since it's for something frivolous...

rhymegirl
11-26-2007, 12:41 AM
But I digress. Yes, natural is way better. Then again, maybe I'm just attracted to women who have a lot more going on upstairs than boobs.

Thank you. You said it very well.

Silver King
11-26-2007, 01:05 AM
I spoke with my sister yesterday, and our meeting went very well. We did some brainstorming, and she sketched out a rough outline and decided to pursue a humorous angle. This was a good decision on her part, as her sense of humor is almost as sharp as her fishy brother's. ;)

I told I'd look at her rough draft when she finished and offer advice. She said, "You mean I might have to work on it more than once?" Then I realized she was kidding, and I knew she was well on her way.

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 01:22 AM
I spoke with my sister yesterday, and our meeting went very well. We did some brainstorming, and she sketched out a rough outline and decided to pursue a humorous angle. This was a good decision on her part, as her sense of humor is almost as sharp as her fishy brother's. ;)

I told I'd look at her rough draft when she finished and offer advice. She said, "You mean I might have to work on it more than once?" Then I realized she was kidding, and I knew she was well on her way.

Sounds like you very successfully navigated a couple more bumps in the road of life. ;) Well done.

Jean Marie
11-26-2007, 01:26 AM
Sounds like you very successfully navigated a couple more bumps in the road of life. ;) Well done.
You couldn't resist the pun(s), could you :)

Well done, Dino. Now, you're going to have some competition in the family. Who knows, she could be a budding writer :ROFL:

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 01:28 AM

Well done, Dino. Now, you're going to have some competition in the family. Who knows, she could be a budding writer :ROFL:
totally titillating, JM!!

TrainofThought
11-26-2007, 01:30 AM
Who knows, she could be a budding writer :ROFL:This is the most recent titillating thread.Let's nip this now.

nerds
11-26-2007, 01:32 AM
With no intention whatsoever of being a wet-blanket here, and I see that decisions have already been made - but I learned something yesterday, which coincided oddly with this thread in a sorta-kinda way.

One of my favorite forms of entertainment where I am living (there is NOTHING to do here) is the once-a-week cop blotter in the local paper. It's big, it's long, it gives bang for your buck. And yesterday in the blotter there were a couple of college kids in court for something called "criminal simulation".

I'm thinking, well, what sort of nutjob would want to simulate a criminal? A hopeful felon with low self-esteem, who can't quite get the criminal thing down pat so he has to imitate them? Someone pissing in the street but nothing comes out? Someone attempting a break-in but ends up feeding the household dog and taking the resident old lady to Senior Needlepoint Day?

It turns out that in some states "criminal simulation" is a statute covering, among other things, writing something for somebody else who presents it as theirs. In the case I read of in the paper, it was one college kid writing a thesis for another kid who paid Kid #1 to do it and presented it under his own name, but there are pretty broad definitions to it.

Anyway. I learn something new every day. Carry on with boob discussions.

robeiae
11-26-2007, 01:38 AM

totally titillating, JM!!

This is the most recent titillating thread.Let's nip this now.
Was this trip really necessary?

Jean Marie
11-26-2007, 01:42 AM
Was this trip really necessary?
Are we taking a road trip, Rob.

JoNightshade
11-26-2007, 01:45 AM
I think in some situations it's perfectly all right to let someone else use your work as their own. A good deal of my job consists of writing articles under my boss's name. I also write stuff under my name. It's all about creating a "personality" for customers to relate to. They pay me to do it, I do it. I don't see anything wrong with that at all. I mean, do you really think politicians write their own speeches? Do you think newscasters write their own copy? What about a professor who bases his lectures off of a few books he's read? These are all situations where no credit is given to the original author, and where that writing is "passed off" as someone else's.

Of course I do see the difference as far as writing someone else's thesis or contest entry, as it is supposed to be "your thoughts."

Regarding the boob job... as someone with a lot of friends in the surgical community... well, it's true what they say. Every time you go under anesthetic, there's a chance you won't wake up. And there's a chance that when you do wake up, something may have gone wrong. My personal opinion is that someone who would risk their life for the sake of something merely cosmetic (excluding reconstructive surgery) either hasn't thought about it enough or has mental problems. Yes, I'm going to say that: I think people who want to change their bodies should be offered counseling rather than surgery. If you're that unhappy with your body, surgery isn't going to solve the problem.

NeuroFizz
11-26-2007, 01:58 AM
From another boob job thread earlier this year:

"Don't women realize they fill the bags with silicone or saline? They don't fill them with self-esteem."
(http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1664360#post1664360)

and

"The best thing about breasts is what they are attached to."
(also in same thread)

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 02:07 AM
Wow!! Everyone here is soooo supportive!!! AW gives Wonderbra a run for their money!!!!:D

zahra
11-26-2007, 03:55 AM
One of my sistren went to a horrid stage school that made her have a boob reduction job, aged either 16 or 17.

Those were the days when the NHS would do such things at that age if you said it was affecting some part of your day-to-day life. The school told her she'd never be a dancer with such a large bust, so she butchered herself and then turned out to have such a great voice, her career went in that direction instead.

Carrie in PA
11-26-2007, 04:56 AM
Help her write her own essay. Beyond that, no.

Rolling Thunder
11-26-2007, 05:03 AM
First post in nearly 30 days and where does Carrie choose to put it?

robeiae
11-26-2007, 05:06 AM
First post in nearly 30 days and where does Carrie choose to put it?This seems like an inappropriate comment. From a mod, no less.

Rolling Thunder
11-26-2007, 05:15 AM
I'm a Horror Mod. Part of my job is to be horrifying.

Williebee
11-26-2007, 05:15 AM
I would offer the following as comment, from David Wilcox's "Boob Job" (http://davidwilcox.com/index.php?page=songs&display=433)

"Treat her like a man made thing? No...."

rhymegirl
11-26-2007, 05:22 AM
I'm a Horror Mod. Part of my job is to be horrifying.

And you sure are. Man, you sure are.

Rolling Thunder
11-26-2007, 05:34 AM
And you sure are. Man, you sure are.

You're getting two stockings of unwashed jockstraps for Christmas, now.

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 05:36 AM
You're getting two stockings of unwashed jockstraps for Christmas, now.

Isn't that sorta like a booby prize??

robeiae
11-26-2007, 05:55 AM
:Headbang:

jst5150
11-26-2007, 06:07 AM
Don't worry. Soon, this thread will be nothing more than a trip down mammary lane.

Rolling Thunder
11-26-2007, 06:12 AM
What if Mac decides to cleavage off parts into the landfill, Jst?

(Thumpity-thump-thump, Thumpity-thump-thump, look at Rob's head go.) :D

robeiae
11-26-2007, 06:15 AM
:Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang:

TrainofThought
11-26-2007, 06:16 AM
What if Mac decides to cleavage off parts into the landfill, Jst?Why? Itís a cut above the breast rest.

Jean Marie
11-26-2007, 06:19 AM
I dunno, Mac will only nip parts, don't you think.

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 07:17 AM
:Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang::Headbang: :Headbang::Headbang::Headbang:

Ummmm, is this the appropriate place for the prerequisite knockers joke??

Jean Marie
11-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Ummmm, is this the appropriate place for the prerequisite knockers joke??
Sure. Knock, knock.

NeuroFizz
11-26-2007, 07:52 AM
This is not even in the general areola of good taste. Although I'll have another lick to make sure.

P.H.Delarran
11-26-2007, 08:08 AM
This is not even in the general areola of good taste. Although I'll have another lick to make sure.
Are you expecting an augment?

jst5150
11-26-2007, 08:16 AM
It's amazing how so many of us have had to .. rack ... our brains to come up with this stuff.

P.H.Delarran
11-26-2007, 08:24 AM
I'm udderly shocked anyone teat SK's thread with such derailment.

SpookyWriter
11-26-2007, 08:27 AM
Not like he expected to be suckled by the tit of wit.

rhymegirl
11-26-2007, 08:35 AM
I think the whole thing will just titillate him.

Jean Marie
11-26-2007, 08:36 AM
I mean, how many one-liners can you possibly rack up before all the knockers, well, cut loose.

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 08:39 AM
You guys are such boobs!!! I just love hanging out with ya!!

Jean Marie
11-26-2007, 08:40 AM
I wanna see Rob hit his head against the wall some more :D

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Yeah, that's a hoot(er) too, isn't it!

JLCwrites
11-26-2007, 08:42 AM
can someone keep me abreast of what this thread is about?

SpookyWriter
11-26-2007, 08:43 AM
I wanna see Rob drool after he comes to...

SpookyWriter
11-26-2007, 08:44 AM
can someone keep me abreast of what this thread is about?If you're abroad then you can keep abreast by gravity.

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 08:47 AM
can someone keep me abreast of what this thread is about?

ummm, a particular perch-type person procured perspective on procedures to perk up the puppies??

JLCwrites
11-26-2007, 08:47 AM
If you're abroad then you can keep abreast by gravity.
Not if I was on the moon. :e2moon:

Man this is getting cheezy.

SpookyWriter
11-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Not if I was on the moon. :e2moon:

Man this is getting cheezy.:roll:

JLCwrites
11-26-2007, 08:49 AM
ummm, a particular perch-type person procured perspective on procedures to perk up the puppies??
Did this perch-type person procure a peck of pickled peppers?

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 08:51 AM
Did this perch-type person procure a peck of pickled peppers?

:e2smack: No, Turkey!!! Let's not take the conversation in THAT direction, please. That could open up a whole new can of worms!!! :ROFL:

SpookyWriter
11-26-2007, 08:54 AM
:e2smack: No, Turkey!!! Let's not take the conversation in THAT direction, please. That could open up a whole new can of worms!!! :ROFL:Speaking of which, I heard that having your breast enlarged can cause worms. Or was that eating raw meat?

JLCwrites
11-26-2007, 09:02 AM
:e2smack: No, Turkey!!! Let's not take the conversation in THAT direction, please. That could open up a whole new can of worms!!! :ROFL:

(Trying to look innocent.... trying very hard to look innocent)
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/music025.gif

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 09:06 AM
(Trying to look innocent.... trying very hard to look innocent)
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/music025.gif
:e2point: But not hard enough!!

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 09:08 AM

Actually, Davids told me he was a chum, but I thought he was a trout. Go figure!!!

***leaves to concoct new summary referencing mackerel man and mammaries***

JLCwrites
11-26-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm posting this just for the halibut.

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 09:12 AM
The hunky halibut seeks hints and help on hooter hoisting????

ETA: I got into the mulled wine at Susie's place -- blame her!!!

JLCwrites
11-26-2007, 09:14 AM
The hunky halibut seeks hints and help on hooter hoisting????
Now I think you're full a'balone.

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 09:22 AM
Now I think you're full a'balone.
a'balone??? seriously?? You couldn't come up with a tuna or maybe even a beluga reference???

I got nothing!!

JLCwrites
11-26-2007, 09:38 AM
a'balone??? seriously?? You couldn't come up with a tuna or maybe even a beluga reference???

I got nothing!!
Oh come now! You are just being shellfish!

robeiae
11-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Now...I have to kill all of you.

arodriguez
11-26-2007, 05:04 PM
i think you need a drink from a few jugs.

aruna
11-26-2007, 06:14 PM
i think you need a drink from a few jugs.

You people are milking this thread to the uddermost.

BenPanced
11-26-2007, 07:02 PM
booooooooooobies (http://www.daniellecorsetto.com/GWS007.html)

GeorgeK
11-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Anyway, what kind of idiot doctor would give away boob jobs to radio contest winners?

I wouldn't trust him/her perform surgery on my cat, much less on someone I love.

Answer: A "Cosmetic Surgeon", most of whom are not Surgeons, and may not even be MD's or DO's. This sounds like something to be avoided. True Plastic Surgeons (a board certified specialty that requires a minimum of 6 years postdoctoral training) have been given a bad wrap by these "Cosmetic" people trying to steal their name.

davids
11-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Actually, Davids told me he was a chum, but I thought he was a trout. Go figure!!!

***leaves to concoct new summary referencing mackerel man and mammaries***

Now why have I been brought into this discussion? Every fair haired maid in these parts knows very well that I am a bum person-female derryairies not breasted points of milkish thud by which the possom feeds its children-a lilting son of blooming buds that lead to places high and low, where men do tread in slighted glow in hopes of finding Daphnes Po!

reigningcatsndogs
11-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Now why have I been brought into this discussion? Every fair haired maid in these parts knows very well that I am a bum person-female derryairies not breasted points of milkish thud by which the possom feeds its children-a lilting son of blooming buds that lead to places high and low, where men do tread in slighted glow in hopes of finding Daphnes Po!

There's the problemo, Dave!! Yesterday, I became a brunette!!

eodmatt
11-26-2007, 09:11 PM

OK, I volunteer to be the casual observer. So when do I start?

davids
11-26-2007, 09:13 PM

AAAHHHAAAAA-of course that expains everything!!!!

JLCwrites
11-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Thats a shame. Blonds are so much funner than bruenets.

NeuroFizz
11-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Many are both...depends on which way the hourglass is tipped.

JLCwrites
11-26-2007, 09:53 PM
Many are both...depends on which way the hourglass is tipped.
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/shocked008.gif