PDA

View Full Version : Dreams...

brokenfingers
10-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Dreams are soÖ weird.

This thread is for you to post your dreams or anything dream-related. A recurring dream, an especially vivid one Ė whatever.

This morning I dreamed I met my ex-fiancee. I think she sought me out for one reason or another. Or I met her at a party and she then sought me out. You know how dreams are.

The meeting between her and I was so poignant, bittersweet and heartbreaking. So realistic and believable as far as her reactions etc. go. She was as beautiful as ever, yet older, wiser, a little hardened by life.

She was there for something related to the event, I donít remember what Ė but towards the end, I broke down my wall and made an attempt to apologize and rekindle what we once had. But she shot it down. (Just for the record, I never fooled around on her or did anything bad Ė I was just at a point in my life where my work was more important than our relationship and I was young, stupid and cocky enough to let her go as a result. I rue it to this day.)

Her boyfriend was out of town (I think that mightíve had something to do with why she sought me out) but their relationship had deteriorated to the point where they each basically did whatever they wanted while still living together and she was comfortable with that.

We left the party together so I could bring her home to where she lived. Somehow though, as is wont to do in dreams, we got separated and I spent a large portion of the dream looking for her, getting repeatedly lost (it was some small Appalachian area too. Yeah, I know Ė weird.) I finally arrived at their place but she was still not with me.

The kicker was that her boyfriend was a writer. For some reason, when I entered their place, he had this automatic message thing at the door when you walk in. He gave a greeting to both his friends and his enemies and referred them to his book which was mounted on a display by the door for all to see.

I walked over and read the first page and was surprised that it was good. A thriller-spoof type novel.

I woke up sad.

tjwriter
10-18-2007, 05:49 PM
I had this weird dream last night. I solved a murder mystery. The keys to my success were a periodic table, though not of the elements, and a doctor selling gin from the back door of the hospital.

I have no idea, either. I just call it as it appears in my head.

J. Weiland
10-18-2007, 05:53 PM
I dreamt I was on the umpteenth floor of some big dorm building and I couldn't find my way around. Then the building started to tip over, and while it was going down, I woke up.

rhymegirl
10-18-2007, 05:58 PM
I usually dream I have to go to the bathroom really, really, really in a hurry, and I can't find a bathroom. This is a recurring dream.

Then, when I finally find a bathroom, instead of there being a toilet in the room, there's a chair, so I can't really do anything.

sunna
10-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Hmm. Two nights ago I dreamt I was walking up a logging road in the woods in northern Maine, toward a cabin, and I got attacked by a pack of wild dogs. I had to jump in a freezing-cold lake to get away from them.

I'm convinced I'm going to die in the northern Maine woods someday - all my more violent dreams always involve that old dirt road, and that lake.

RumpleTumbler
10-18-2007, 06:13 PM
I wish I remembered my dreams. I almost never have vivid dreams and if I do they only last like 5 seconds. I'd love to be able to remember.

jodiodi
10-18-2007, 06:19 PM
I have quite vivid dreams every night and usually remember t hem, especially the scary ones. My problem is the logic of the dream seems to evaporate if I try to tell someone about it. Most of mine for the past few months have involved me being back home in Georgia at the house I own there, cooking a holiday (usually Christmas) dinner and decorating for it, and all my huge extended family there even though I know they're all dead.

eldragon
10-18-2007, 06:47 PM
I hate it when old lovers invade my slumber.

And it happens quite often, when I'm depressed, usually.
(And I've been depressed alot lately.............)

Sometimes it's supposed to be one person, but he has the face/body of another person. Of course I always know who it is.

This is a depressing thread. Thanks Brokenfingers!

sunna
10-18-2007, 06:51 PM
My problem is the logic of the dream seems to evaporate if I try to tell someone about it.

Same here. It's like trying to explain my MS/WIP to someone; all the coherence just vanishes, and I'm left trying to explain how it really does make sense, if you know what I'm talking about. :)

Siddow
10-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Whenever I go back to bed after getting my kids on the school bus, I have crazy dreams. I did that this morning (hey, it's cool, and raining, and the windows are open--perfect sleeping weather, I took advantage).

So I dreamed that my husband and I bought a new house, a big one, in rather shabby shape, but we were happy because we like to do home improvement. We were getting up for the day, and hubby looks out the window of our bedroom into the backyard and sees two dead bodies sprawled just outside the back patio on the grass. He walks away from the window in distress, and I approach to see. It's two women, one in a green gown and the other wearing a shirt the same color with jeans. Then I see them start moving. I say, "Call the police," and run downstairs to check on the women.

They're standing when I reach the backdoor, and I ask, "Are you okay? What happened?"

The one in the jeans says, "Whoo! I never knew this was such a party town!"

Gown says, "We would have slept on the patio, but it's dirty."

hahahahaha...guess I wasn't in the mood for a murder mystery. I sent them off with an EMT and promised that the next time they needed my yard to sleep it off, I'd have the patio cleaned and some furniture out there for them. :D

cray
10-18-2007, 06:57 PM
last night i had this crazy crazy dream that thunder and haggis both (yes, both!) became mods. scary scary stuff --

thank god it was just a dream,.....

DamaNegra
10-18-2007, 07:00 PM
The other day I dreamt a girl friend was going to have sex with a guy friend. Problem is, the guy is gay. *shrugs*

Sunkissed27f
10-18-2007, 07:23 PM
last night i had this crazy crazy dream that thunder and haggis both (yes, both!) became mods. scary scary stuff --

thank god it was just a dream,.....

I had this same dream....and then there was a huge mutiny!
Hmmm.......!!

To keep it on the light side.......I always have nightmares or bad dreams if you will, it's something to do with my REM sleep, so the doc's tell me.
This particular dream last night happened after watching South Park, the episode where Imagination is under a terrorist attack.

Well, instead of Care Bears....you know caring, they were turned in to killing machines and strapped with grenades and ozies. They were chasing every one around, these little 3' tall killing machines.

It was like WWT........World War Teddy.......or some crap.
Carrying on....I read Max Brooks Zombie Survival Guide a while back and in my dream I used the tactics I learned from the book.
You may think it's funny, but it's like having Chucky and the Terminator all in one 3' Care Bear.
Bad thing is I love Funshine bear and he ended up being my nemesis. Go figure!
How did it end?
A large radioactive cloud started to rain on every thing ...humans took shelter and the care bears freaked out and just stopped working.......I think they were machines or something.

The End.

maestrowork
10-18-2007, 07:49 PM
I dreamed that I gave birth to twins and then I had to bury them -- I actually dug the holes -- and my wife (who the heck is she?) cried and said I was a monster...

Now, analyze that.

TrainofThought
10-18-2007, 07:56 PM
I have a recurring dream about the same man yet the story varies.

There is one plus in my life, I never have dreams about ex’s probably because I don’t regret any of my breakups. :D

Confession: I have had a few dreams about AW members which leads me to believe I need to do a self-ban soon.

brokenfingers
10-18-2007, 07:57 PM
I dreamed that I gave birth to twins and then I had to bury them -- I actually dug the holes -- and my wife (who the heck is she?) cried and said I was a monster...

Now, analyze that.Wow, if you were the one giving birth - I'd hate to see your "wife"! :D

Hmmm... ok, in the interest of discussion of dreams etc. I'm gonna try and interpret your dream for you. (Of course this is bunk and solely in the pursuit of fun and interest in the world of dreams, what they're for and how weird they are.)

I'd say the 'wife' represents your creative half. You might've recently came up with two poems, story ideas, plot lines, etc and then discarded them or adhered to a previous idea. Obviously your other half disagrees with this.

Or you might be suppressing some creative impulses due to real-time constraints (like time or money etc.) Again, it's causing your creative half to tell you you're wrong during your sleep.

That'll be fifty dollars, please. :D

maestrowork
10-18-2007, 08:06 PM
I have better use for that 50 quids.

Sunkissed27f
10-18-2007, 08:10 PM
There is one plus in my life, I never have dreams about exís probably because I donít regret any of my breakups. :D

Confession: I have had a few dreams about AW members which leads me to believe I need to do a self-ban soon.

I second that.... and I have had some dreams about AW members too.......why do I always feel like the Bonnie half of Bonnie and Clyde when I do have these dreams though?

Ha self-ban? Pffftttt......I enjoy those dreams....who needs reality?
Just give me a huge dose of Nyquil and let me go back to sleep!

clockwork
10-18-2007, 08:15 PM
I've only ever dreamed about AW once and that was when, in the dream, a friend and I pulled off an extraordinary heist with a dump truck full of gold. We somehow escaped and went on the run but the world knew who we were and what we had done. I logged on to AW to check the boards and sure enough there was a thread about, "OMG did you hear what clock_work9 did?"

Almost all the responses were very moral and along the lines of "I'm so disappointed," "Stealing is wrong," and one AWer in particular (not naming names) said, "If he wants to be a criminal, so be it the stupid little &*%£!."

It made me feel bad.

But I've already rented the dump truck so try to be nice when you read about me in the paper.

I love only gold!

Only gold!

I love gooooooolllld!

Stew21
10-18-2007, 08:17 PM
i don't have any dreams to share. I sacked up all my nightmares (good bits for writing for someone else, I wasn't going to use them) and gave them to PeeDee a few months ago. I haven't seen 'em since.

beezle
10-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Oh man, I had this same idea for a thread a few days back... okay, here goes.

I have a recurring dream in which I'm a chicken farmer.

Sunkissed27f
10-18-2007, 08:21 PM
He loves only gold!

Only gold!

He loves gooooooolllld!

My precious..my precious!!

rhymegirl
10-18-2007, 08:26 PM
I have also had bad dreams about people I love.

A few weeks ago I dreamed that my older sister called me and told me that my mother had gone for a medical test for some health problem and that "seven hours later she was gone." It was very vivid and I remember those words very clearly.

The next day I had to check up on my mom to see if she was okay. She was, but I couldn't get the dream out of my mind. Some of my dreams have really happened.

brokenfingers
10-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Oh man, I had this same idea for a thread a few days back... okay, here goes.

I have a recurring dream in which I'm a chicken farmer.Just please don't tell me you run around choking them...

JoNightshade
10-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Wow, perfect timing for this thread. I just had my first dream about an AWer-- Azraelsbane! I was doing some sort of science experiment with water finding its own level (surprise, it does), and I kept asking her to get stuff for me. She was REALLY pissed off, like, "What the heck? Go get it yourself!!!" Then some boy from my high school years appeared and she was all infatuated with him and she handed me this neon green foam helmet (yeah, I have no idea) and told me NOT TO LOSE IT while she made out with this guy. So naturally the rest of the dream involved me losing the helmet and trying desperately to get it back before she found out and beat me up or something. WAAAH!

Sunkissed27f
10-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Just please don't tell me you run around choking them...

Oh man.......keep that under cover. ;)

Well, the Care Bears of Doom will now be a new WIP, I have decided to do a short in Sci-Fi on it........interesting!

Southern_girl29
10-18-2007, 09:24 PM
I've been taking Chantix to help me quit smoking, and one of the side effects is vivid dreams, which has made mine even more vivid because I always dreamed before.

The other night I dreamed I was Brittany Spears, and someone was coming to take my kids away from me. My mom and my aunt (who were really my mom and my aunt, not Brittany's) volunteered to take the kids and run, but I wouldn't let them. I said it would be kidnapping. I have no clue why I dreamed this.

Last night, I dreamed JK Rowling called me and told me she loved my new book (the one I haven't even started writing yet). That would be great if it ever happened.

I have several re-occuring dreams, which I've had since childhood. The first one I've been having since the first grade. I dream that I'm arriving at school and I don't have a shirt on, but I do have a coat in my backpack. I put it on and zip it up, so no one knows I don't have a shirt on. But, I'm afraid that someone will find out.

My second one I've had since high school. I arrive at school, and I'm trying to find my classroom. I can't find it. I search for it everywhere, ask people to help me find it and no one can. While I'm looking, I realize that it's the day of the final exam, and I haven't been in class all semester. While this doesn't sound all that bad, it's really a horrible dream, and I feel terrible when I wake up.

The last one isn't much of a dream, but I have had since as long as I can remember. I'm standing in field behind a barbed wire fence, and I'm looking out. I see a soldier with one of those camouflage hard hats coming toward me. That's all I remember of it.

brokenfingers
10-18-2007, 09:40 PM
I think it's so crazy how there are common things in so many people's dreams - like getting lost.

One of my most often re-occurring dreams always involves me going back to NYC and trying to go somewhere in there. The whole dream is me trying to navigate the new landscape, getting lost cuz the whole city's changed, things are different and sometimes it's even futuristic.

Another common one is that I'm back in the Marines again. And for some reason I screw something up - either there's a big inspection and I'm not ready or I have to go before the Sgt. Major and I'm missing something I need or my unit's moving out and I become separated and can't find them etc.

Another weird thing: I have a certain city that many of my dreams occur in. It's actually a huge gigantic futuristic building that holds a whole city of people. There are whole floors that are like neighborhoods ranging from glitzy and ritzy to broken-down and ghetto.

There are floors with parks, floors with stores, social structures - everything. I even had a dream with an airport on the roof (I witnessed a crash in that one.)

Yes, for those who think I'm hopelessly strange - my doctor agrees.

sunna
10-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Another weird thing: I have a certain city that many of my dreams occur in. It's actually a huge gigantic futuristic building that holds a whole city of people. There are whole floors that are like neighborhoods ranging from glitzy and ritzy to broken-down and ghetto.

Glad I'm not the only one! Aside from that dirt road and lake upstate, where I'm always dying or about to die, there's a forest I've dreamed of since I was a kid. Me and this other girl - who gets older as I do - are always in this big house at the edge of the trees, planning to run away. We both dash off into the forest and split up, and the rest of the dream is just running, jumping over logs and rocks, fending off branches. It's so vivid I can smell the pine needles and the loam, and I usually wake up breathless and with sore legs. It's so much fun. But we both get caught at the end of the dream - and in every re-occurrence, I think "No, I went that way last time and I got caught; I'll go this way this time."
I think I've probably covered every inch of that forest by now.

Ok, maybe I am weird. :)

rhymegirl
10-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Very inexpensive treatment, BF: Become a writer and use your dreams.

Azraelsbane
10-18-2007, 10:33 PM
Wow, perfect timing for this thread. I just had my first dream about an AWer-- Azraelsbane! I was doing some sort of science experiment with water finding its own level (surprise, it does), and I kept asking her to get stuff for me. She was REALLY pissed off, like, "What the heck? Go get it yourself!!!" Then some boy from my high school years appeared and she was all infatuated with him and she handed me this neon green foam helmet (yeah, I have no idea) and told me NOT TO LOSE IT while she made out with this guy. So naturally the rest of the dream involved me losing the helmet and trying desperately to get it back before she found out and beat me up or something. WAAAH!

Where the Hell is my green helmet!? I don't beat people up myself. I'm like my antagonist, why waste the energy when I have minions to do it for me? Azrael will be paying you a visit with his new pet Snuffles, and if no green helmet is forthcoming things could get ugly. You don't want to see his new telekinetic mini-pig attack. Trust me. ;)

Sunkissed27f
10-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Why hasn't any one dreamed of snakes?

I always do.

Almost all my dreams are with snakes, there are 1,000s of snakes, but they are all friendly, except the other day. I was outside with some people and this snake races towards us and every one is screaming "Snake" you know like idiots....of course there is a snake I say. So the snake is racing towards us, bypasses every one and on it's way past me .....it bites me. Right on the ankle.....so I am like "Oh shiites....it bit me!"
Every one is freaking out, pointing to my ankle and saying "She got bit," etc.
I am standing there and no one seems to be taking any action, so I go get a phone and call 911.......they don't seem to think it's an emergency, by this time I am getting faint and every one is still being idiots, "Oh man a snake bit her...oh golly geez."
Finally, an ambulance takes me to the hospital and they can't find anti-venom because I didn't know exactly what kind of snake it was, though I said moccasin.
I woke up after startling myself awake....in my dream I was kicking my leg like crazy at the doctors and I woke up and nearly fell of the bed, kicking my leg for real.
I hate when dreams or what not startle you awake from your bodies jerking reactions.

Unique
10-19-2007, 01:24 AM
What? You mean they're not real? Sure seemed real to me.
i had a good time. sorry if ya'll didn't ...

jodiodi
10-19-2007, 04:30 AM
Speaking of dreams, I'm having a sleep study on the 26th. They asked about my dreams. It'll be interesting to see if I have any while I'm there.

totidem_verbis
10-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Why hasn't any one dreamed of snakes?

I once dreamed snakes were growing in my legs and when it was time for them to come out their heads would poke through my skin and someone had to pull them out. :Wha:

I have recurring dreams about lots of tornadoes, either they torment me or I'm trying to get people to safety before they strike. When I was really young I had dreams about giant spinning tops that spin really fast. Guess they're similar to the tornado motif. The dreams disturb me and I wake up feeling uneasy.

Every once in a rare while I'll dream about dead relatives and I know their dead in my dream.

Oh ya...teeth. Has anyone dreamed about losing teeth? They get loose and you start pulling them out?

ZannaPerry
10-19-2007, 08:26 AM
I had a nutty dream a couple weeks ago that I can't seem to get out of my head. I was working at a theme park (which is true, I did over the summer) but this was a very morbid theme park that could well happen in real life. Well, a ride malfunctioned, something like the Drop Zone where you drop from a lot of stories. The harnesses came loose, but the workers were on their way to fix it, and I was walking by the ride and what do you know...I see these two stupid kids jump off as if they didn't think they were that high off the ground and they basically dropped to their death. . . it was so creepy, I can't seem to shake it off. Just seeing their shattered bodies on the black pavement.

And another weird one is where you could grow babies in a sink. Totally weird!

Makes me think I ought to write in a different genre, too. Most of dreams are nightmares, if not mainly horror and thrillers.

And death....I ALWAYS dream about death.

Has anyone ever cried in their sleep, and been so shook up about it you made yourself wake up so you wouldn't have to see the results of the dream? That happened to me last week. I forced myself awake because I didn't want this killer to murder the only family member I had left. . . it was tramatic.

Kerr
10-19-2007, 09:27 AM
In the strangest dream I ever had, my other half took me on a walk through his life so that I could understand him better. I saw every bad thing that had ever happened to him in his family (his father was a terror). I felt his pain. When I woke up, I said to him, "I understand!"

"Uh huh," he answered, but was sound asleep.

Kerr
the dark one

Cassiopeia
10-19-2007, 10:05 AM
i already told my weirdest dream and you all mocked me so I am not telling any more. :(

:)

P.H.Delarran
10-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Interesting thread.
I bet dreams about an ex are pretty common. If they had a significant part in our lives, seems natural that we'd mull them over from time to time. In mine, my ex's g/f always comes trailing in after him, no matter if any warm feelings had arose between us. And next my husband appears - and the world is good again.
I do dream often about my childhood home, and usually most of my family is there. When my dad is in those dreams, they take on an odd feeling, as he is always referred to as alive again-it is acknowledged by all in the dream that he passed away and then returned to his home and shop..and I usually question him as to whether he should run his business again and try to talk him into just traveling or something. I'm also always doing something to make him proud of me. The weirdest part is that when I wake, it takes me a long time to shake the feeling that maybe I actually interacted with him.

P.H.Delarran
10-19-2007, 10:58 AM
I think it's so crazy how there are common things in so many people's dreams - like getting lost.

One of my most often re-occurring dreams always involves me going back to NYC and trying to go somewhere in there. The whole dream is me trying to navigate the new landscape, getting lost cuz the whole city's changed, things are different and sometimes it's even futuristic.

Yep-my landscape is usually my old high school, and the streets around town back home.
It's in these dreams too that I'm most likely to fly.

TrainofThought
10-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Interesting thread.
I bet dreams about an ex are pretty common. If they had a significant part in our lives, seems natural that we'd mull them over from time to time. Not necessarily, P.H., a couple of my exís were significant when it came to me growing as a person and I donít dream about them. I donít regret being involved with them because I grew and learned from the relationship, nor breaking up with them because it was for the best for me. A part of me still loves an ex, so I think regret is a factor when dreaming about exís. :Shrug:

Anyone know where or how you can have dreams analyzed, or did I miss it somewhere in this thread?

Unique
10-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Anyone know where or how you can have dreams analyzed, or did I miss it somewhere in this thread?

Ask Gehanna. I have a dream book I've had for a long time. I recently acquired a new one; I'm looking forward to comparing the two.

Casi - I never made fun of your dream - I wouldn't. Mine are too weird to laugh at someone else's. :flag:

totidem_verbis
10-20-2007, 01:27 AM

There are dream dictionaries around that explain dream symbols but the meanings of the symbols can be pretty generic. It might be better to keep a dream journal and review it over time to figure out what your dream images mean. A pen in my dream could mean something completely different from a pen in your dream.

SuzyB - I've forced myself awake a few times. The strangest occurrence happened when I dreamed about being abducted by aliens. They were in the room and about to levitate me off the bed. I had the paralysis thing going on and couldn't scream...so I hyperventilated until I woke myself up. Never dreamed about aliens again :)

Unique
10-20-2007, 02:24 AM
Okay. Weird ones ...

I dreamed I woke up. and then I woke up again. And then I woke up again but
still I hadn't - am I still asleep? Did I ever wake up?

It was entirely eerie because when you think you're awake and then realize you still aren't awake you begin to wonder -

what is reality

anyway?

brokenfingers
10-20-2007, 02:44 AM
Yeah. Another is when you wake up from a really bad dream thinking it really happened and then experience the blessed rush of relief when you realize it was only a dream.

That's happened to me a few times. Once, I dreamt I got a DUI. The whole thing pissed me off - I was at a big party at some hotel and for some reason I had to move my car. So as I was cruising the parking lot for another parking space, there was a massive raid and a horde of cops swooped in. They busted me for DUI and I remember sitting in the driver's seat with the blue/red lights painting my world, fuming that I'd gotten a DUI while moving my damn car.

Then I woke up and it felt like I was remembering events from the night before and I was awash in dread.

Then my head cleared and - Phew!

I hate those dreams.

ZannaPerry
10-20-2007, 05:06 AM
or that you forget where you are . . . I've had that happen to me before. Dream was so intense I woke up, and was like...where am I?

jodiodi
10-20-2007, 06:59 AM
SuzyB - I've forced myself awake a few times. The strangest occurrence happened when I dreamed about being abducted by aliens. They were in the room and about to levitate me off the bed. I had the paralysis thing going on and couldn't scream...so I hyperventilated until I woke myself up. Never dreamed about aliens again :)

Are you sure it was a dream? I mean, it never happened again ...

totidem_verbis
10-20-2007, 07:13 AM
Are you sure it was a dream? I mean, it never happened again ...

LOL! That dream was so vivid sometimes I wonder. :D

Unique
10-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Or when you're swimming under water and you're running out of air -

finally you give up and know that you're going to drown, take a gulp of water because you can't hold your breath any longer and --

hey!

'I can't breathe under water. This must be a dream.'

- and then you wake up. One day I'll tell myself, 'yes, you can breathe underwater', just to see what happens. ;)

brokenfingers
10-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Or when you're swimming under water and you're running out of air -

finally you give up and know that you're going to drown, take a gulp of water because you can't hold your breath any longer and --

hey!

'I can't breathe under water. This must be a dream.'

- and then you wake up. One day I'll tell myself, 'yes, you can breathe underwater', just to see what happens. ;)Hmmmm, that's interesting. I've never had a dream where I was under water. As a matter of fact, I don't recall ever having a dream involving water at all. Of course, I might just not remember - but I'd remember drowning/being under water.

truelyana
10-20-2007, 11:10 PM
I like dreams, and I always know what they mean, as soon as I am dreaming them.

You know, I've never had the opportunity to dress up yet. About the only time I have, was in a dream. I was in a banana costume, and trying to figure out how I got to be in the costume to begin with, as I had amnesia. I was hanging round a bus stop, and the dream kinda just exploded after I realised what It meant. :) My first dress up though, exciting isn't it :D

Hillary
10-20-2007, 11:12 PM
The other night I dreamed I got pregnant (by someone my friends and family warned me about) and had the baby (and didn't name him) and left him in his crib in the hallway his first night home... Come morning, my roommate was telling a visitor/well-wisher that the baby was "Doing really good, but he did wake once during the night. I got him back down easily, though."

She was so sweet about it, but all I could think was "I slept through my baby crying..."

jodiodi
10-20-2007, 11:19 PM
I dream about water a lot. Probably because I can't swim.

One recurring theme in my dreams (besides dead relatives and holidays), is roads vanishing into water. The road'll be going on as usual, then there's a lake or river or something and the road runs beside it for a while then its like a flood had happened and the road disappears into the water.

The first time I ever flew into Va Beach and saw the bay tunnels from the air, I thought, "OMG, that's my nightmares come to life!" Then, a few years later, I had to drive through one of them after getting lost at about 3 in the morning and taking the wrong interstate. There was a wind advisory and as I drove, I came to a bridge and the water was splashing up onto the road (not huge waves, but just splashes--of course, in my mind they were tsunami). Then I saw the tunnel entrance in the distance and I started to cry. There was road construction so th road narrowed to 1 lane through the tunnel. Then I had to turn around once I got to an exit on the other side and go BACK through the tunnel. I was a nervous wreck by the time I got to my hotel.

Last night, I dreamt of being at a hotel and there was a little pool and a dog was lying on the bottom. At first I thought she was dead, but she got up and turned around. I asked all these people walking by whose dog it was and nobody seemed to care. I reached in and picked her up (it was a very tiny pool like thing and only a foot or two deep). I thought she was dead but I did CPR and pressed on her diaphragm and she opened her eyes and looked around. I was so mad at whoever had ignored their dog. Oh, and the hotel we were supposedly at, had denied our credit card because we had no money (true), and people (including the hotel staff) were so happy about me saving the dog they paid for our room.

I think I had that dream because we work with animal rescues transporting and fostering from time to time and I'd gotten two urgent sets of e-mails about a few dogs yesterday.

Siddow
10-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Okay. Weird ones ...

I dreamed I woke up. and then I woke up again. And then I woke up again but
still I hadn't - am I still asleep? Did I ever wake up?

lol, this reminds me of some recurring dreams. They often come after hitting the snooze button. I'll dream that I got out of bed, showered, dressed, did my hair and makeup and I'm ready to go. Then the alarm will go off AGAIN, and I'll wake up saddened that I have to do that stuff all over. :(

brokenfingers
10-21-2007, 12:18 AM
lol, this reminds me of some recurring dreams. They often come after hitting the snooze button. I'll dream that I got out of bed, showered, dressed, did my hair and makeup and I'm ready to go. Then the alarm will go off AGAIN, and I'll wake up saddened that I have to do that stuff all over. :(Hmmm, another thing I've never had happen to me in my dreams. I'm beginning to feel shortchanged.

Sunkissed27f
10-21-2007, 03:18 AM
My turn again?
Okay, small background story...I was raised pretty much Catholic, but as I got older I just stopped going to church altogether.
So even though I am not a die hard bible thumper, I consider myself a Christian.

I went to a "Southern" Baptist church when I was probably 11 or so and it scared the mess out of me. I know how people stereotype Alabama, and I am alright with it, but some people may just be right when they talk about Southern Baptist churches, they can put the fear of Hell's Fire in to you. Now there are plain old Baptist churches, then there are SOUTHERN Baptist churches. If you have never been to one...I couldn't possibly explain the difference.

Moving on....I have had at least once every month, dreams of the Apocalypse. In every dream it is either storming badly, or it is about to storm. God just pops out of the clouds in this huge commanding voice and....well I can't remember what he says, I just know I am so scared I am shaking and every one is dropping to their knees praying, people are disappearing......then in the distance I see a large mushroom cloud...a nuclear cloud, I guess you would call it.
And right as I feel the first waves...the gentle wind of the gust that is supposed to wipe me off the face of the Earth..... I wake up.
Sad thing is I am terrified of storms (long childhood story ;) ). For a few years after these dreams started, when ever it would storm at night and I was alone... I would think about the Apocalypse and my dreams and get terrified. Once, it was so bad I blacked out for all of a few minutes time.
Yeah.....nice dream huh?

Unique
10-21-2007, 05:52 AM
nice dream huh?

actually ... it sounds kind of creepy.

I like thunderstorms; I like watching them. However - the tornado dreams were not much fun. Not as bad as the apocalypse, though. That's

way over the top. Glad you survived. :D