Put Yourself in Paul Sheldon's Place

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
You ambush her by the door, that's what you do. Beat the crap out of her with the chair, the typewriter, a lamp -- anything. He was well enough for a time there, before the ankle breakin', that he could've done something.

IReidandWrite

Registered
Reaction score
I think I, personally, would just be TOO amazed that someone liked my books enough to kidnap me. That's if it was some fat Christian freak-woman.

If it was some strong guy, I'd probably pee myself.

OctoberRain

I triple dog dare you.
Registered
Reaction score
He's the writer who was kidnapped by Annie in Stephen's King's book, Misery.

If I were him I would have stuck my thumb in my mouth and gone to my happy place. Which would have made for a terrible book.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I would have told Annie she was right purty. Then after some hot lovin', I'd have decked her with her scrapbook and got the feck out of there.

Will Lavender

Registered
Reaction score
I would have told Annie she was right purty. Then after some hot lovin', I'd have decked her with her scrapbook and got the feck out of there.

Another good idea. I think Sheldon could have wooed her. Wooed her and then pummelled her with something while she lay in a fog of ecstasy.

Here's a thought I had while watching Misery a couple of weeks ago on cable. Off-topic, but anyway.

What happened to Kathy Bates career after Misery? She just seemed to fall off the map. Forever typecast as a psycho, maybe?

WittyandorIronic

Registered
Reaction score
Why during her fog of ecstasy? Can't you wait till the after glow had dimmed just a little? Otherwise it is being excessively cruel.

Will Lavender

Registered
Reaction score
Why during her fog of ecstasy? Can't you wait till the after glow had dimmed just a little? Otherwise it is being excessively cruel.

This is the same woman who put a block between the man's ankles and... Well, you know the rest.

Cruelty is relative in this situation.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
First of all, I'd be scared to death, because if there was someone who liked my books that much, I'd know they were completely unhinged. I'd know from day one I was screwed.

Then I'd bean her with the typewriter and hope for the best. Or I'd bean myself with the typewriter and hope I died quickly. :)

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Here is what I would do:

1) Die.

I would do it in that order, too.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
I'd probably develop Stockholm Syndrome and spend the rest of my life writing Misery books and wondering why on earth I'd ever want to write a book with swear words in 'em when 'cockadoody' answers the purpose quite dandily.

pepperlandgirl

American Aquarium Drinker
Registered
Reaction score
Every time I think, "My head hurts, I can write. It's too hot, I can't write. I'm out of diet Coke, I can't write..." I think about Paul Sheldon. If he can write "hobbled" and with a thumb missing and addicted to pain killers and everything else, I can write when I'm less than comfortable...

As for what I'd do, I'm with zahra.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I was in Paul Sheldon's place for 12 years. A damn sight longer than Paul had to endure it.

My divorce was final in June of this year. Whew!