Pelosi Wishes Protesters Were Poor, Homeless?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
"Look," she said, the chicken breast on her plate untouched. "I had, for five months, people sitting outside my home, going into my garden in San Francisco, angering neighbors, hanging their clothes from trees, building all kinds of things -- Buddhas? I don't know what they were -- couches, sofas, chairs, permanent living facilities on my front sidewalk."

Unsmilingly, she continued: "If they were poor and they were sleeping on my sidewalk, they would be arrested for loitering, but because they have 'Impeach Bush' across their chest, it's the First Amendment."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/09/AR2007100902006.html

tourdeforce

Banned
Reaction score
This attitude is an unfortunate result of her fact-funding trip to Myanmar. However, one must concede that they certainly do know how to deal with misbehaving Buddhists.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
This attitude is an unfortunate result of her fact-funding trip to Myanmar. However, one must concede that they certainly do know how to deal with misbehaving Buddhists.

Yes indeedy they do-off with their heads I say-anybody got a Buddha?

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
I wonder how the weather is on her planet?
The weather here in SF is lovely.

It's interesting, conservatives routinely mock San Francisco, its politicians, and its values, ignoring the fact that it's a huge tourist destination and one of the best cities to live in the U.S.

And Pelosi is routinely attacked by the left for not being radical enough, and by the right for being a SF values liberal.

And yeah, her values are all screwed up. She's been married for 44 years, raised five children as a stay at home mom, and didn't enter politics until her youngest was in high school. None of her kids hate her or have ended up in jail, which is more than can be said for some politicians who espouse "family values."

She's a truly decent person, a rarity in politics for either gender. It amazes me how much personal scorn is heaped on public officials simply because their views are different from the one doing the heaping.

That goes equally for left and right. No wonder decent people rarely run for office these days. Why would you?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
It's interesting, conservatives routinely mock San Francisco, its politicians, and its values, ignoring the fact that it's a huge tourist destination and one of the best cities to live in the U.S.

it's also the most beautiful.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The weather here in SF is lovely.

And Pelosi is routinely attacked by the left for not being radical enough, and by the right for being a SF values liberal.

And yeah, her values are all screwed up. She's been married for 44 years, raised five children as a stay at home mom, and didn't enter politics until her youngest was in high school. None of her kids hate her or have ended up in jail, which is more than can be said for some politicians who espouse "family values."

She's a truly decent person, a rarity in politics for either gender. It amazes me how much personal scorn is heaped on public officials simply because their views are different from the one doing the heaping.

That goes equally for left and right. No wonder decent people rarely run for office these days. Why would you?

Interesting stuff there. Thanks for sharing. Really!

That said, I still can't stand her politics. I've never been to San Francisco (why am I hearing a song in my head now? LOL), so I have no idea if the complaints about it are legit or not.

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net

I don't agree with the right's smears of her, granted, but the reason why liberals like me criticize her is because of her caves to the Shrub with FISA and with the Iraq Occupation funding. She has the ability to set the legislative agenda. She needs to use it to not put bad policies like the summer FISA cave onto the floor.

I can understand her concerns with the issue of impeachment, though. They simply don't have the votes. Fine. I can deal. But the other stuff is just plain inexcusable.

Reaction score
I agree with Pelosi.**

Free speech has a time and a place.

**Unless I don't get it which is always a possibility.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Geez, what she said is as close to "Let them eat cake" as I've seen in a while.