Prosecutor accused in child sex sting kills himself

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
http://www.local6.com/news/14279166/detail.html

An update on the prosecutor who traveled in the hopes of meeting a five-year-old girl, only to be arrested in a sting.

MILAN, Mich. -- A federal prosecutor who was arrested in an Internet sex sting after he allegedly traveled to Michigan from Florida to have sex with a 5-year-old girl hanged himself in a Michigan federal prison Friday morning, Detroit television station WDIV-TV reported.John D.R. Atchison, 53, was put on suicide watch after he used a bed sheet in an attempted suicide in September.

Detroit police confirmed Atchison's suicide death at 10:14 a.m. Friday. They have not released any details.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
All I can say is:

Good move on his part. Especially after reading his comment to the alleged mother in the original article: "Don't worry, I've done this many times..."

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Good. Now if other pedophiles would just do the same, that would be swell.

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
The fact that I consider this to be good news makes me think I need to actively pursue really good news, like this:

Police kill church deacon who shot 5, killing 2, at Louisiana law firm

Wait, wait. That's not good news. *sigh* try this:

Pigs Roam Upscale Mich. Neighborhood

Better, better. But still somewhat shy of "good" news. Oh, check this out:

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/content/view/2609/248/

11 New Animal, Plant Species Found in Vietnam
Written by geri
Thursday, 27 September 2007
Eleven new animal and plant species have been discovered in a remote area of central Vietnam: a snake, five orchids, two butterflies and three other plants new to science.

Okay, I'm really trying here, but...aside from the fact that I had to go to the "Good News Network" for this, and accepting as a given that I am mildly interested in this new snake species, I have one question for geri:

"What the f**k? You've got time to dance around, discovering orchids and butterflies and shit, but you can't shed some light as to the location of some fourteen hundred POW/MIA's?"

Fingers

My cat Toby
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in the woods around Portland Oregon
Not too long ago there was much to do about the death penalty on this forum. So many were against it. But let some guy hang himself and its okay? Make up your minds.

yer pal Brian

Reaction score
So many were against it. But let some guy hang himself and its okay?

Uh...anytime a monster wants to OFF HIMSELF, I think even the most non-clear minded death penalty opponent would support it.

Yeah.

I think we can all agree on that.

And when I say "all" I'm sure that someone will say "I don't agree. A monster should/can get help and be a productive member of society, even from a prison cell and that life is worth living so don't kill yourself even though you raped 12 boys, you still want to stick around and maybe talk about the dangers of giving in to rape fantasys and the prison TV is pretty cool with shows like Dirty Sexy Money on, so don't kill yourself."

Thank you.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Uh...anytime a monster wants to OFF HIMSELF, I think even the most non-clear minded death penalty opponent would support it.

Yeah.

I think we can all agree on that.

And when I say "all" I'm sure that someone will say "I don't agree. A monster should/can get help and be a productive member of society, even from a prison cell and that life is worth living so don't kill yourself even though you raped 12 boys, you still want to stick around and maybe talk about the dangers of giving in to rape fantasys and the prison TV is pretty cool with shows like Dirty Sexy Money on, so don't kill yourself."

Thank you.
I was kind of looking forward to the visualizion of life with his new cell lover, Brutus (edited).

Last edited by a moderator:

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
Didn't something similar happen a few months ago in Texas? I recall a story where Dateline NBC had set up another one of its "To Catch a Predator" stings and one of the perverts who was supposed to show was a DA from a neighboring county.

When he didn't show, Dateline took its cameras and police to his house to find him and when they approached his door, he shot himself (or, something along those lines).

Anybody have a link or remember what I'm talking about?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, you are correct.

Public officials have the distinguished honor of doing the right thing in these situations.

I would like to see this as a tradition that others so disgraced would particiapte.

Reaction score
"I'm Billy Thrilly, I'm from Absolute Write...what are you doing? You're visiting a 13 year old girl while her parents aren't home?"

"I wasn't gonna do anything."

"What's in the bag?"

"Oh...uh...beer and condoms?"

"Condoms and you weren't gonna do anything?"

"No, sir."

"It's hard to believe."

"I understand that, sir. But I really wasn't gonna do anything. She said she needed a friend."

"A friend? Do you think it's appropriate that a 35 year old man is going over to a 13 year old girl's house while her parents aren't home to be her friend."

"No, sir. Am I gonna be arrested?"

"That's not up to me."

"I'm gonna go."

billy.thrilly.loves.to.catch.a.predator.

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
What I would be asking is: Are we sure this was his first attempt?

Or were other children hurt too?

He was around an awful lot of children.

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
Not too long ago there was much to do about the death penalty on this forum. So many were against it. But let some guy hang himself and its okay? Make up your minds.

yer pal Brian

In my mind, this man took the coward's way out, instead of facing the music. So it's not really okay to me, at least. I can't speak for everyone else.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
In my mind, this man took the coward's way out, instead of facing the music. So it's not really okay to me, at least. I can't speak for everyone else.
He's not the first person to commit suicide when caught doing a bad thing. I thank him for saving the taxpayers millions of dollars.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
"Pale". :) Hahahaha! That's classic.

How about: "Slightly jaundiced skin, rheumy eyes, thinning hair, and the downcast look of someone who is expecting bad news any minute."
He's in the mood for another Pale Horse story tonight. His clint is painted high.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
He was the father of three. I wonder if he molested them, too, or perhaps he only wanted to purchase a five-year-old to screw and destroy, and toss away like a piece of garbage.

He was bringing her a doll, earrings and sex-toys. What was under his kids Christmas tree every year? He seems to be a bit confused about appropriate gift-giving for five-year old girls.

Don't want him picking my kids name off the angel tree.

What the hell is sexually attractive about a five-year-old girl? And God forbid you carry those urges to the grave with you, right? By all means, pay someone to experience that one fantasy, no matter how ludicrous or disgusting, or illegal it is.

Someone stop me before I say something I might regret.