William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Tens of thousands of Iranians marched through Tehran on Friday proclaiming solidarity with Palestinians and chanting "Death to Israel" * in the Islamic republic's annual protest against the Jewish state.

Iranians of all ages began the march through the centre of the capital to Tehran University to mark Quds Day, calling for Jerusalem and Israel to be handed to the Palestinians.

Coloured bibs were handed out to protestors with the legend "Death to Israel, Death to United States" while "Palestine will only be free with fighting and faith" was the slogan on one banner.

Despite the heavily politicised nature of the demonstration, there was a festive mood with the numerous children present having their faces painted as cats and rabbits in entertainment laid on by the municipality.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=071005080651.03rs1f47&show_article=1

* no doubt juan cole and other iran apologists will soon arrive on the scene to accuse the western media of again "mistranslating" the iranians, claiming that instead of "death to israel", they were really merely chanting: "we urge israel to negotiate a fair and equitable settlement with the palestinians and wish the state and its citizens no real harm".

davids

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=071005080651.03rs1f47&show_article=1

* no doubt juan cole and other iran apologists will soon arrive on the scene to accuse the western media of again "mistranslating" the iranians, claiming that instead of "death to israel", they were really merely chanting: “Is that it? Is that all you have to offer?

I think old Juan said it was death to Wallmart but hey what the hell's the difference right?

“Is that it? Is that all you have to offer? That is funnyer'n hell though-sad but funny!!!!

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Give us those hamburgers!

spartaib4.jpg

talkwrite

Passion in full bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linguisticworld.com
And I thought the annual Cinco De Mayo parade celebrating a Mexican national holiday in Houston, Texas was a foolish waste of time.....
What Iran needs is a good annual Art Car parade. And a life that is not focused on hatred and killing.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like a good high C to me-I wonder whos nuts he's holding?

Or who's holding his?

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
That's odd.

I wonder why they're not out there screaming: "We love America!! We love Israel!! Please oh please, come bomb our facilities and occupy us and make a disaster of our country like you did Iraq. Put us in refugee camps while you take our oil and settle our country. . . .."

Yeah. Wonder why they're not screaming that? What the hell's wrong with them, anyway?

It couldn't possibly be that it's because our government is saber-rattling their country, could it? Naaa....

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
His first act would be to issue Barbara Walters and Elizabeth Hasselbeck chadors.

Then he would kill the Jew Joy Behar.

You gotta admit, it's good for ratings. Death and all. I mean, like that David Copperfield guy. Isn't he dying all the time? Or am I thinking of the Playboy channel? Help me out someone.

TheGaffer

Docking Bay 94
Registered
Reaction score
It couldn't possibly be that it's because our government is saber-rattling their country, could it? Naaa....

IG, you need a smack with a wet noodle for that one.

Iran (its leaders or citizens or some combination thereof) have been chanting this slogan for nearly 30 years.

Of course we could get into the history of our relations with the country, which haven't been all that stellar, and our actions regarding its leadership, which also haven't been all that positive to say the least.

But this isn't new behavior.

But I'm not sure what this has to do with Juan Cole.

Voyager

Registered
Reaction score
Quick! Someone post another manip of Huitchi the angry activist, I'm almost there

Voyager

Registered
Reaction score
Middle East Saeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed, Mutha F*&$(#Z!!!!!!!!!!!!

crunk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.