Heartwarming Tale of Good Samaritans

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
MESA, Ariz., Oct. 3 The sight of an old man being hit by a truck in Arizona touched off a feeding frenzy among witnesses who allegedly stole the dying victim's groceries.

Not only were the man's groceries taken, but the only person who tried to help him also had his own bags taken.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/118325.html

Andrew

Most of the rules gotta go...
Registered
Reaction score
The decline of our culture is in its ninth stage.
There are more takers than givers.
There are more thieves than producers.
There are more liberals than conservatives. The classic takers waiting for their unearned share. Sometimes a few groceries comes to them when an elderly man is struck by a truck and to whoever helps him.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are more liberals than conservatives. The classic takers waiting for their unearned share. Sometimes a few groceries comes to them when an elderly man is struck by a truck and to whoever helps him.

Lol!! What an idiotic statement.

Andrew

Registered
Reaction score
Lol!! What an idiotic statement.

Of course its idiotic to you. You don't--never will I suspect--see and understand the connection. But there sure as hell is one.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Andrew, from my point of view, it is usually the conservatives who are takers.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com

Huh? Talk about hyperbole. So you know they were liberals? But wait... it's Arizona, not Massachusetts. Aren't there a lot of conservatives in Arizona? Were you there? Did you check their voter's registration cards?

Leave your politics. This is about human decency and not liberals vs. conservatives.

Shame on you to use this to fling insults.

And I find this connection/implication highly offensive:

There are more liberals than conservatives.

Last edited:

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Of course its idiotic to you. You don't--never will I suspect--see and understand the connection. But there sure as hell is one.

No, Andrew, there really isn't one here.

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
there's a funny odor in here.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score

How many stages are there? Is there a list somewhere?

The classic takers waiting for their unearned share. Sometimes a few groceries comes to them when an elderly man is struck by a truck and to whoever helps him.

So there were a bunch of liberals waiting for this guy to get run over so they could take his groceries? Whaaaaa?

This is the political equivalent of Fred Phelps evangelism. You just ain't going to win anybody with crazy.

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Huh? Talk about hyperbole. So you know they were liberals? But wait... it's Arizona, not Massachusetts. Aren't there a lot of conservatives in Arizona? Were you there? Did you check their voter's registration cards?
Besides, how do we know they were even registered to vote? People who would steal groceries from a dying man probably aren't the type who bother to vote, even if they are registered to vote. :rolleyes:

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
so...lemme get this straight.

Liberals- people who as a voting group like social programs- programs designed to help people- are akin to thieves?

and I just want to be clear.

I- as a liberal- who routinly votes for expanding public parks, improving roads, government programs to help single parents, drug rehab, educate people on birth control, scholarships, assault gun control, better hospitals, local and foreign adoption, raising teacher salaries, and any opportunity to improve the world and people's lives am exactly like the person who stole a can of spaghetti-o's from a man who'd been struck by a car?

How is that, again?

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
so...lemme get this straight.

Liberals- people who as a voting group like social programs- programs designed to help people- are akin to thieves?

and I just want to be clear.

I- as a liberal- who routinly votes for expanding public parks, improving roads, government programs to help single parents, drug rehab, educate people on birth control, scholarships, assault gun control, better hospitals, local and foreign adoption, raising teacher salaries, and any opportunity to improve the world and people's lives am exactly like the person who stole a can of spaghetti-o's from a man who'd been struck by a car?

How is that, again?

I'm trying to wrangle that connection myself...and here I thought it was because I stayed up late again last night to finesse my paper for my Writing and Research class... Sooo tired...:sleepy:

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
As one of the idiots, perhaps you could explain the connection to me?
It's very simple.

The liberal mindset, which includes moral relativism and promotes a culture where no one is accountable for their actions, where people feel they are entitled to all sorts of benefits without ever doing a thing for them, creates a climate where this thuggish behavior is seen as the norm.

With strong conservative values, and strong conservative leaders, the culture would change over time to a self-sufficient ethos that would more accurately reflect the vision of the founding fathers.

Accordingly, this type of thuggish behavior would become an anomaly, and eventually all but die out.

Any questions?

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
No, rugcat. You're all missing it. I will explain:

Don't you see the pattern in the above? There is MORE of what Andrew thinks sucks, and LESS of what Andrew thinks rules. This is the ninth stage of the decline of our culture, because the world revolves around Andrew. I'll explain about the other stages at another time.

Andrew

Registered
Reaction score
The world certainly does not revolve around me. It seems a scab was pricked by a prick--that would be me.

ColoradoGuy

I've seen worse.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisjohnsonmd.com
It's very simple.

The liberal mindset, which includes moral relativism and promotes a culture where no one is accountable for their actions, where people feel they are entitled to all sorts of benefits without ever doing a thing for them, creates a climate where this thuggish behavior is seen as the norm.

With strong conservative values, and strong conservative leaders, the culture would change over time to a self-sufficient ethos that would more accurately reflect the vision of the founding fathers.

Accordingly, this type of thuggish behavior would become an anomaly, and eventually all but die out.

Any questions?
Yes, the totemic myth of the currrent iteration of the Republican party.