Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
that's my girl!

Parsing the Polls: Inside the Clinton Surge

It doesn't take a polling expert to understand that Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's showing in the latest Washington Post/ABC News poll is a major moment in the campaign.

Clinton, as the Post's Anne Kornblut and Jon Cohen write in today's newspaper, has opened up a whopping 53 percent to 20 percent lead over Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.) in the Democratic presidential primary fight with former Sen. John Edwards (N.C.) even farther behind with 13 percent. Compare that to the Post's early September survey in which Clinton took 41 percent to 27 percent for Obama and 14 percent for Edwards.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/thefix/?hpid=topnews

latest polling:

http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08dem.htm

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Is this one of those studies where like after 20 years and 40 billion dollars it has been determined that most people prefer eating ice cream to dog shit?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
no, it's a public opinion poll, the methodology of which is detailed in the second link.

now, if you'll excuse me, i need to go shopping for my inauguration party.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
no, it's a public opinion poll, the methodology of which is detailed in the second link.

now, if you'll excuse me, i need to go shopping for my inauguration party.

I just meant it's obvious without the poll to me that she had the nomination long ago.

Reaction score
This does not bode well for the Alan Cranston team.

"Anyone remember Alan Cranston?"
Robert Plant

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
My Goddess, people. The primaries haven't even started yet. Howsabout we wait until people, you know, actually start to vote for their nods of choice before we bring out the celebrations?

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Because the democratic nominee is Hillary.

Why wait?

larocca

Business Editing Services
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.michaeledits.com
Hillary or Hilary -- I freely admit that I can't spell it -- has been a favorite of mine for, oh, about 20 years. Even though I bake better cookies than she does. We've gotta get her off that health care kick -- Americans will never be so lucky -- but otherwise she makes more sense than I do.

I'm watching Edwards because there really are two Americas. The fact that I'm from North Carolina is purely coincidental. I'm also watching Obama because he's not Osama or yo mamma. As for the other 857 nominees from the Democratic Party, they're not getting a whole lot of press in Asia.

For the Republicans, it's simpler. "Hi, I'm running for president, and I'm not George Bush." Yeah!