Let the buyer beware...

Reaction score
I don't like people who sue.

Unless they really have a case.

Then I still don't really like most of them.

But okay.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good. I hate that when it happens. Hope she wins.

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
Well, in the defense of the plantiff, Apple was pretty sleazy in iPhone's initial release when it fixed the prices in the manner in which it did.

Reaction score
Good. I hate that when it happens. Hope she wins.

clearly, people continue to fall into their pre-designated categories of either "personal responsibility" vs "victim mentality"

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
clearly, people continue to fall into their pre-designated categories of either "personal responsibility" vs "victim mentality"

Give me a break. I'd sue them for fifteen million. Of course i wouldn't have if I had a dime for every time I've bought something and had it fifty percent off or the price slashed or a clearance sale three days later. . . . Hell, I'd be living in a hilltop house with fifteen cars. . . .

Reaction score
Give me a break. I'd sue them for fifteen million. Of course i wouldn't have if I had a dime for every time I've bought something and had it fifty percent off or the price slashed or a clearance sale three days later. . . . Hell, I'd be living in a hilltop house with fifteen cars. . . .

Too bad.

That's business.

Companies can raise, slash, do whatever the hell they want with their prices.

Sometimes you get the sale, sometimes you miss the sale.

Pfffh..

"Waaaaaa....i bought this at full price and now it's on sale."

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
This starts with the woman's idiocy of desperately thinking she needed one of these tools of Satan when they first hit the market. Amazing as it may seem, I'm with Trilz on this one. I hope she not only loses, but has to pay court costs; and has to pay a reallly sleazy attorney, too.

caw

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
This would be a bigger deal if Apple DIDN'T try to make amends with giving the buyers money back! This woman is just out to get paid.....more than she is due!

Deleted member 42

Oh, please!

Apple released the iPhone in June; no one made her buy it. She's had the phone -- and loved it -- for that time.

And Apple has given all early purchasers who bought the iPhone from Apple or AT & T a hundred dollar credit at Apple's on line store.

Technology tends to go down in price when it gets cheaper to manufacture. This has been the pattern for years and years and years.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
Oh, please!

Apple released the iPhone in June; no one made her buy it. She's had the phone -- and loved it -- for that time.

And Apple has given all early purchasers who bought the iPhone from Apple or AT & T a hundred dollar credit at Apple's on line store.

Technology tends to go down in price when it gets cheaper to manufacture. This has been the pattern for years and years and years.
Right, so what's the problem...oh I know. Some like to make money the lazy way; take it out of other people's pockets instead of working.

Hence; frivolous lawsuits.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe someone held a gun to her head and forced her to buy it the second it came out.

No? *shrugs*

Just the price of doing business. Sooner or later, pretty much everything will be on sale. Get over it lady.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I'm suing Home Depot because the grill I bought in May is now 30% cheaper!

Unfair business practices!

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
Maybe you should just wait three days anytime you're positively certain you should buy something? :)

I usually wait until I have to have something (which is rare in the case of gadgets), or someone gives it to me after they've bought the newest-and-greatest. It's amazing how much money one can save doing it that way.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Aston, you probably should have made this thread a poll. You know:

1. This case is stupid.
2. This case is really stupid.
3. This case is even stupider than that.
4. This case is stupidest.

caw

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
Oh, please!

I agree. Besides, it's her fault for paying 499 for a 4gig, when she could have had double the capacity for a hundred bucks more. Sorry, but if I'm going to shell out that type of cash for something like a phone, you're damn skippy I'm going to get the one that's twice the size with only a 20% price increase.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe you should just wait three days anytime you're positively certain you should buy something? :)

I usually wait until I have to have something (which is rare in the case of gadgets), or someone gives it to me after they've bought the newest-and-greatest. It's amazing how much money one can save doing it that way.

I'm not serious, Aston. I don't care about the lady or Apple. And I'm with you about gadgets. I like a simple life and a lot of elbow room. I don't want to wade through rooms littered with junk. So I only buy what I need.

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
I'm not serious, Aston. I don't care about the lady or Apple. And I'm with you about gadgets. I like a simple life and a lot of elbow room. I don't want to wade through rooms littered with junk. So I only buy what I need.

I'm with you on the "buy only what I need" thing. Occasionally, I'll treat myself to something, but not often. Most of the stuff I have are gifts from people.

Unfortunately, I still collect a lot of junk, most of it my drawings. :X

That being said, this is a frivolous lawsuit. Makes all the legit ones look bad.

Reaction score
I just came from Circuit City.

The TV I bought two months ago for $650 was now in sale for $529.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Anyone know a good lawyer?