The Surge Still Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071002/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq

The number of American troops and Iraqi civilians killed in the war fell in September to levels not seen in more than a year. The U.S. military said the lower count was at least partly a result of new strategies and 30,000 additional U.S. forces deployed this year.

Although it is difficult to draw conclusions from a single month's tally, the figures could suggest U.S.-led forces are making headway against extremist factions and disrupting their ability to strike back.

The U.S. military toll for September was 64, the lowest since July 2006, according to figures compiled by The Associated Press from death announcements by the American command and Pentagon.

More dramatic, however, was the decline in Iraqi civilian, police and military deaths. The figure was 988 in September — 50 percent lower than the previous month and the lowest tally since June 2006, when 847 Iraqis died.

I think we finally got a handle on this thing.

Whew!

That was a close one.

In the immortal words of blacbird... "In Petraeus we trust."

Sorry, dems, this ain't the time to....

:flag:

...so thanks for that 150 bill. More importantly, the Iraqis thank you.

Mac H.

Board Visitor
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder how accurate the 'civilian' death count is.

The US army has admitted to putting detonation wire on the bodies of people they have killed solely to make it appear that they have killed a soldier instead of a civilian. They have admitted to putting AK47s along side unarmed people they have killed. They have admitted reporting those incidents as 'returning fire', even though it wasn't.

US snipers have admitted to putting fake 'bomb making' material in the desert then killing anyone who picks it up. It isn't a conspiracy theory .. it is their official technique - even if the person who picks it up is a child. In these cases the person who is killed is counted as a military death instead of a civilian one.

I'm not sure I even see what the good results are here ... the figures are back to where they were A YEAR AGO.

Was the civilian death toll a year ago a low figure to be proud of ?

Mac

Last edited:

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
good luck with the one-month optimism billy. i'm still of the opinion expressed by jim morrison: the whole shit house is gunna blow. but i hope it doesn't.

when do we win again? when there is a stable democratic government in place that functions free of extremist identity politics that account for the for a significant portion of opinion of the voting citizens? hmmm?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.