Hi from Blick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blickensderfer

Registered
Reaction score
Hello fellow writers!

Like most of the other newbies in this forum, I've been lurking and soaking in knowledge for the last couple of weeks. Then it occurred to me that I could waste so much more time here if I posted, too! So I registered.

I started writing copy in itty bitty ad agencies, went the corporate marketing route and then went freelance about 15 years ago. I started out specializing in high tech and direct mail, drifted into health care, and now do mostly b2b and general marketing, along with the random local feature article.

I haven't been working much in the last two years - I've held onto a couple of clients but family stuff has required pretty full-time attention. Now I'm ready to jump back into the fray, and I thought this would be a good place to find commiseration and inspiration.

I look forward to being part of the forum!

Blick

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

do any medical publications writing? posters, abstracts, etc?

anway, welcome and best wishes. there are a lot of nice people here in addition to tons of great info.

see you on the boards.

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
I want to get paid to make posters... Where can I sign up for that job?

Welcome to the board, Blick.

Mud Dauber

writing on the wall
Registered
Reaction score
Hello fellow writers!

Then it occurred to me that I could waste so much more time here if I posted, too! So I registered.
:roll:

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing you around the cooler.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Eek! A doppleganger?

See, my family's big on nonsense names. One of mine is Herr Blickensdorfer. You're so close it's kind of eerie.

Maryn, extending a welcome while hoping you're not the evil twin that turns out to be really herself

Blickensderfer

Registered
Reaction score
Eek! A doppleganger?

See, my family's big on nonsense names. One of mine is Herr Blickensdorfer. You're so close it's kind of eerie.

Maryn, extending a welcome while hoping you're not the evil twin that turns out to be really herself

My mom says I have an evil twin, but I don't think you're her. :) The Blickensderfer is a really early typewriter, so I thought it was an appropriate name for this forum - especially since I'm something of antique compared to a lot of the people here!

Cray - my healthcare experience is more in patient info than medical pubs. Although I did do a really fun poster series about antigens once, to promote an automated blood typing system.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.