AW Problem (with a political angle)

plnelson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pnart.com
Which forum here is the correct place to comment about AW itself?

I joined AW recently and earlier today made my 100th posting. And twice, in the last couple of weeks, when in face-to-face conversation with other writers I mentioned that I was participating in an online community called "Absolute Write" and people expressed surprise that I would hang out on an extreme right-wing website!

Hint: When you say it, it sounds like "absolute right"!

How did AW come up with this name? I gotta tell you - in both conversations people said that the name turned them off. Could Mac or anyone else associated with AW comment on this, please?

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
At least you haven't said the words 'smexy time lurve camel' to someone who isn't an AW member. Word of advice: don't.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna, the original owner has a post about this somewhere but it had more to do with the fact that AbsoluteWrite would come up first alphabetically in listings while also being a play on words.

And as to these people on the messageboard - the fact of their quick-to-judge suppositions speaks volumes about them also.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Which forum here is the correct place to comment about AW itself?

I joined AW recently and earlier today made my 100th posting. And twice, in the last couple of weeks, when in face-to-face conversation with other writers I mentioned that I was participating in an online community called "Absolute Write" and people expressed surprise that I would hang out on an extreme right-wing website!

Hint: When you say it, it sounds like "absolute right"!

How did AW come up with this name? I gotta tell you - in both conversations people said that the name turned them off. Could Mac or anyone else associated with AW comment on this, please?

It has to do with jackboots and stuff, but I'm not really qualified to answer. I'm sure the stormtroopers mods will be by soon to explain.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's your solution:

Just refer to our site as A.W. Simple.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You're makin' it far too complicated.

I'll spell it out.

A DOUBLE-YOU

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
I've mentioned it to several people, and not one suggested it was a right wing forum. Heh. I think they got it, as in "I joined a writing forum, it's called Absolute Write." Most people would automatically think, "Ah, a writing forum, with write in the name" not "Wow, a writing forum that is full of extremist right wing nutjobs!" ;)