China thinks more apologies are in order.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
China warns Germany over Dalai Lama meeting

AFP - Tuesday, September 25 BEIJING (AFP) - - China on Tuesday said that a meeting between German Chancellor Angela Merkel and the Dalai Lama had damaged ties between the two nations, and called for Berlin to quickly fix the problem.

"This not only grossly interferes with the internal affairs of China, it hurts the feelings of the Chinese people and seriously undermines China-Germany relations," foreign ministry spokesman Jiang Yu said when asked about Sunday's meeting.
"We request that Germany... take concrete and effective measures to eliminate the negative impact made by this mistaken move so as not to bring any unnecessary damage to China-Germany relations."
Defying harsh warnings from China, Merkel held a historic meeting with the Tibetan spiritual leader in Berlin on Sunday, during which she gave support to the Dalai Lama's quest for cultural autonomy for his homeland.
In an apparent response, China cancelled two top-level bilateral meetings, one a standing breakfast between the countries' foreign ministers on the sidelines of the annual UN General Assembly in New York. . . .
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070925/twl-germany-china-tibet-dalai-religion-d-920821f.html

This thread could also be titled: Religion on the Run or The Real Price of Chinese trinkets . . .

Good for Merkel.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
It's laughable that China feels that they are important.

Does stupidity have no boundaries?

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
You think she's not important?

I think if someone or a country for that matter has to say "look at me! give me some attention! look how great I am" then they are pathetic. People and or countries who deserve that attention/title don't have to bring it to anyones notice.

It's always the loudmouth in the bar that winds up laying on the floor bleeding.

It's always the guy who talks about how big his dick is that can't satisfy a woman.

talkwrite

Passion in full bloom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.linguisticworld.com
"This not only grossly interferes with the internal affairs of China, it hurts the feelings of the Chinese people and seriously undermines China-Germany relations," foreign ministry spokesman Jiang Yu said when asked about Sunday's meeting."

I bet the parents whose baby died due to faulty manufactured crib-made in China had their feelings hurt too.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I bet the parents whose baby died due to faulty manufactured crib-made in China had their feelings hurt too.

I certainly see the need for the crib recall, but I'm confused as to how the cribs ever worked at all with the stop in wrong. Plus, I know there are required warning labels about the gates, too.

I'm not laying the blame at the parent's feet, but it seems they'd read the information and check out why their crib doesn't work right.

I am a bit confused about the cribs.

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
"You can lead a kow to water, but you can't tow it"