O'Reilly discovers that blacks are just like whites

Bravo

Socialitest
Registered
Reaction score
“I couldn’t get over the fact that there was no difference between Sylvia’s restaurant and any other restaurant in New York City. I mean, it was exactly the same, even though it’s run by blacks, primarily black patronship.

Later, during a discussion with National Public Radio senior correspondent and Fox News contributor Juan Williams about the effect of rap on culture, O’Reilly asserted: “There wasn’t one person in Sylvia’s who was screaming, ‘M-Fer, I want more iced tea.’ You know, I mean, everybody was — it was like going into an Italian restaurant in an all-white suburb in the sense of people were sitting there, and they were ordering and having fun. And there wasn’t any kind of craziness at all.

http://www.mollygood.com/racism/oreilly-holy-shit-blacks-are-like-whites-20070924/

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
O'Reilly has already responded, explaining it's a "media hatchet job" which took his comments out of context.

I'd like to hear what he has to say for himself. What annoys me about him is not so much his views but his refusal to take responsibility for his words and behavior.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
" and there were no mob-hit murders like there always are in the Italian restaurants..."

sanssouci

Registered
Reaction score
Nice to see how "in touch" he is with the people. With that fresh perspective perhaps he should be running for office.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
Frankly, it would be more fun if the patrons WERE shouting "M-Fer, I want more iced tea!"

The thought of Bill O'Reilly at Sylvia's is hilarious. He must have been terrified.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I'm white and I know I have a hard time yelling "I want more iced tea" without putting M-F'er at the beginning or the end. It just doesn't sound right, and they take longer to bring you your tea.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
This really can't compare to Bill paying off the girl to keep quiet and his calling her and masturbating while servicing himself with a dildo.

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
It sounds a bit sarcastic to me. But I haven't heard the whole thing in it's original context yet.

Even in context, the stuff he says is awful. He's a horrible excuse for a human being.

But he's good for a laugh every time he ends up as a nominee for "Worst Person in the World" on Olbermann's Countdown (which is quite often; sad and pathetic really). He only occasionally gets topped by Limbaugh or Beck from time to time.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
But he's good for a laugh every time he ends up as a nominee for "Worst Person in the World" on Olbermann's Countdown (which is quite often; sad and pathetic really).
Yes, Olbermann is. I'm still hoping he can turn things around.

Oh...O'Reilly's an ass. And a lech. I know more, but may not divulge it.

Reaction score
O'Reilly is still my idol.

Sounds like he was joking around to me.

He's done a tremendous amount of good in the fight to strenghten laws to protect children.

That's the tip of the iceberg regarding how many great things he has done especially for the folks.

He call it like he sees it and 98% of the time he gets it right.
"I've always enjoyed your show. I think you're fair. I don't think that everyone on FOX is fair. You are."
Senator Chuck Schumer

Gary

Registered
Reaction score
If he was discussing rap music, it sounds in context to me. Apologists for rap say the language they use is cultural, but if black operated restaurants don't use that sort of language, which is the true black culture?

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
Yes, Olbermann is. I'm still hoping he can turn things around.

To you he is. Not to me. Yeah, he does these comedy blurbs here and there, but what really gets me into the show is that he always puts the important news first and saves Brittany Spears and her ilk for later (So's I can turn off if I want).

Oh...O'Reilly's an ass. And a lech.

Well, of course he is. :p At least you and I can agree on something.

O'Reilly is still my idol.

Well, that says a lot about you, doesn't it?

He call it like he sees it and 98% of the time he gets it right.

:roll: That's a good one; and how many times have I seen him debunked? Like about 99% of the time...

"I've always enjoyed your show. I think you're fair. I don't think that everyone on FOX is fair. You are."
Senator Chuck Schumer

Schumer's opinion means very little to liberals. He's a DLC hack like Hillary.

If he was discussing rap music, it sounds in context to me. Apologists for rap say the language they use is cultural, but if black operated restaurants don't use that sort of language, which is the true black culture?

If I were you, I'd research for some indie rap music on Google. They don't do the racist (or misogynist) thing; that stuff is usually put out by the biggie record labels.

Last edited:

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
O'Reilly

Well, better late then never.

O'Reilly has already responded, explaining it's a "media hatchet job" which took his comments out of context.

Of course they took his comments completely out of context, it takes about five seconds to learn this much, but silly people the world over who believe what they want to believe are buying the same old BS, just as usual.

Reaction score
:roll: That's a good one; and how many times have I seen him debunked? Like about 99% of the time...

Debunked?

When and where would this occur?

Because it certainly doesn't happen on his show.

And he's right about just about everything anyway.

Let me know a few examples of O'Reilly being "debunked."

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
Debunked?

When and where would this occur?

Certainly not on anything you would watch.

Because it certainly doesn't happen on his show.

Of course not. That would defeat the whole premise, wouldn't it?

And he's right about just about everything anyway.

Give me a few examples of how he's "right" and then we'll talk.

Let me know a few examples of O'Reilly being "debunked."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200709250009

http://www.crooksandliars.com/category/fox-news/bill-oreilly/

Have fun.

Reaction score
They let black people run restaurants now? Jeez. They'll have the vote next!

Reaction score
Give me a few examples of how he's "right" and then we'll talk.

He's right about 98% of his political views from sealing the border to confronting Iran, but since we already know you don't agree with anything that clear minded people agree with there's no point in getting into them...so...we'll just talk a couple specifics for you.....

He's right about Jessica's Law and getting every state to come down on hard on child predators.

He was right about the Red Cross and United Way not distributing money to the 9/11 victims. which his direct intervention and pressure helped remedy.

He was right about the Duke rape case and Mike Nifong being a lying sack of shite.

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
He's right about 98% of his political views from sealiong the border to confronting Iran, but since we already know you don't agree with anything that clear minded people agree with there's no point in getting into them...so...we'll just talk a couple specifics for you.....

He's pro-border because he's a xenophobic trogolodyte. And I say that because most people like him when talking about "the border" are usually talking about these here brown-skinned people coming from Mexico. Not a bit of talk about Canada. But I guess it's all good because Canadians have a white majority, amirite?

And he's lying about Iran too, I hate to say. Yes, they're a theocracy (which some people seem to not be getting here), but they are years away from ever being able to make a nuke.

He's right about Jessica's Law and getting every state to come down on hard on child predators.

Coming from a guy who's a bit on the pervy side himself (though when it comes to grown women), I feel real secure in knowing that. /sarcasm Not.

Can't really comment on the other examples because I refuse to watch in full that sack of bigoted shit. Sorry, but you'll have to seek corraborating evidence.