Great article

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
I heard or read somewhere that Ba'ath Party officials were being quietly allowed into the government bureaucracies, as long as they had no direct to ties to abuses.

I provide a link if I can remember.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
US Senate votes to support dividing Iraq on sectarian basis

AFP - Thursday, September 27WASHINGTON (AFP) - - The US Senate approved Wednesday a Bosnia-style plan to divide Iraq on ethnic and religious lines, touted by backers as the sole hope of forging a federal state out of sectarian strife

In a vote of 75 to 23, the Senate passed the non-binding resolution touted by backers as the best hope to produce a political solution to murderous sectarian strife in Iraq.

The measure would not force a change in President George W. Bush's war strategy, but provides a key test of an idea drawing rising interest in Washington despite opposition from the Bush administration.

The plan, offered as an amendment to a defense policy bill, would provide for decentralizing Iraq in a federal system as permitted by Iraq's constitution to stop the country from becoming a failed state.

It proposes to separate Iraq into Kurdish, Shiite and Sunni entities, with a federal government in Baghdad in charge of border security and oil revenues. . . . .http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070927/twl-us-iraq-politics-congress-7e07afd.html

Btw, Brav, that was a good article. Here's the US Senate's idea.

And it's worth a try even though I think it's a long shot. . . .

Oh. No pun intended.

And it's going to cost a lot of money, paying all those folks to move.