And people VOTE for these guys??

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Fox News said:
Nebraska Democratic State Senator Ernie Chambers has decided to go straight to the top in an effort to stop natural disasters from befalling the world.

Chambers filed a lawsuit against God in Douglas County Court Friday afternoon, KPTM Fox 42 reported.

The suit asks for a "permanent injunction ordering Defendant to cease certain harmful activities and the making of terroristic threats."

Read the full article here. Unbelievable.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like somebody forgot to take their meds.

And, to answer your question, although people voted for him in the past, I seriously doubt they'd win a re-election.

If you want more US voter insanity, check out Judge Elizabeth Halverson, Las Vegas, Nevada. Now the city has to foot her extensive health bills for the rest of her life after she served mere months on the bench.

She never made a single personal appearance during her campaign. Now we're stuck with her bills. Ah, democracy in action.

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Seriously, I'm so glad the people's taxes are being spent on such great ideas. How come no one ever thought of this before? Getting rid of all natural disasters is as simple as suing God... sheesh...

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Read the full article here. Unbelievable.

Not me...I swear!

It boggles the mind that a state senator would show up and speak in public wearing sweatshirts and whatnot, too. I know, I know, that's shallow of me, but dangitall, it really does reflect the laziness within, too, in regards to this particular, rather interesting gentleman.

It's all over the papers here, and my local paper had a lovely political cartoon which pretty much agreed with Mr. Chambers.

*ducks head in shame*

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Well, if you read the article, you'll see that his purpose is to protest an attempt to limit lawsuits deemed frivolous. He's trying to make a point. It's still stupid, but he's not actually an insane person trying to sue God.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, if you read the article, you'll see that his purpose is to protest an attempt to limit lawsuits deemed frivolous. He's trying to make a point. It's still stupid, but he's not actually an insane person trying to sue God.

I know what his purpose was. I am from not far from there, and I read the articles in my local paper.

That said, he's still "not all there". IMO.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's been done.

The Man Who Sued God -- starring Billy Connolly and Judy Davis. Funny film.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
God has an iron-clad indemnity clause.

Plus, the appeals are held in the 4th district of appeals court in hell.

Not me, nope, I don't think I'd go a-judging God. It's a idea that seems frought with little complications like, I dunno, plagues.