H.G. Wells, where are you when we need you?

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not the banner I get when I click the link. Story's about a weird meteorite strike in Peru.

caw

That's what I saw: the fireball. I guess it's just a question of time before the invaders spread across the continent. . . . They look like bugs. They'll march under a banner that says, "Thank you, George; we'll take it from here. . . . "

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Blame it on Fred.

That's weird. The link numbers I see are completely different, 20838944 for the meteorite, 20829890 for O.J. Wazzup widdat?

caw

Do I smell a set up here?

Also Tuesday, a judge gave Fred Goldman a week to come up with a list of items Simpson is accused of stealing, but he refused to order Simpson to hand over his earnings from everything from autograph signings to video games.

Maybe O.J. is also guilty of causing the meteorite to strike Peru?

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
All I got was a request for me to take a survey. Weird. Maybe you can find another source, Blac, that one seems to be playing games with the address.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Villagers fall ill after fireball hits Peru
Radio reports that fumes from meteorite crater have sickened 600

Peru's foul-smelling meteorite
Sept. 18: A foul-smelling meteorite is causing a stink in Peru. Msnbc.com's Kevin Flynn reports.
MSNBC.com

Updated: 4:51 p.m. ET Sept 18, 2007
A fireball fell from the sky and slammed into southern Peru over the weekend, creating a huge crater that emitted a sickeningly smelly gas, local authorities said. More than 600 villagers fell ill, the Peruvian radio network RPP reported Tuesday.

Video reports from the scene, near the remote Andean village of Carancas along Peru's border with Bolivia, showed what appeared to be a 100-foot-wide (30-meter-wide), 20-foot-deep (6-meter-deep) impact crater with a bubbling pool of water at the bottom.

Authorities said that the crater was made Saturday by a falling meteorite. Agence France Presse quoted a local official, Marco Limache, as saying that "boiling water started coming out of the crater, and particles of rock and cinders were found nearby."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20838944/

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
the american military is testing biological weapons on the indigenous population of peru as a dry run for supporting an israeli attack on iran.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
the american military is testing biological weapons on the indigenous population of peru as a dry run for supporting an israeli attack on iran.

I don't know what the military needs to do that for. Surely it has all the data it needs from the days when it supported Hussein and his dry runs.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
americans need to kill brown people. lots of brown people.

Oh. You know? I hadn't thought of that. And you know, they are obvious there. None of those robes and veils and stuff. . . .

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Not the banner I get when I click the link. Story's about a weird meteorite strike in Peru.

caw

Hey blac, I already started a thread about this in office party - but since I wasn't using the story to start up a political debate perhaps the mods don't care....<shrugs>

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I suppose it would make sense that a large mass of metallic ore that had been heated to intense temperatures (upon entering the atmosphere) would give off some toxic fumes.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
It's the Andromeda Strain, I tell ya.

Either cry like a baby or drink yourself silly, it's the only way to keep from turning to dust.

Darn it, I wasn't planning on having a drink tonight, now I have to drink a few. Oh, well, roll with the celestial punches, I say. Bottoms up.