The Barry Manilow/Elizabeth Hasselback Incident That I'm Sure You Will Hear About

Reaction score
http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=7930a03e-1707-41fe-a3e2-74bd0b0dc540&sid=fd-news

We're not sure about the smiling, laughing and singing, but Barry Manilow is finding it hard to do The View without you, Rosie O'Donnell.
In a message posted on his Website Monday, the pop icon announced he has scuttled a Tuesday appearance on The View because he did not want to take a seat next to Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

"I wanted to let you know that I will no longer be on The View tomorrow as scheduled. I had made a request that I be interviewed by Joy [Behar], Barbara [Walters] or Whoopi [Goldberg] but not Elisabeth Hasselbeck," he wrote. "Unfortunately, the show was not willing to accommodate this simple request, so I bowed out."

Said Manilow: "It's really too bad, because I've always been a big supporter of the show, but I cannot compromise my beliefs. The good news is I will be on a whole slew of other shows promoting the new album, so I hope you can catch me on those."

He has portrayed his View adieu as a philosophical clash with the conservative Hasselbeck. TMZ quoted Manilow as saying, "I strongly disagree with her views. I think she's dangerous and offensive. I will not be on the same stage as her."

However, a show insider disputed the crooner's characterization, saying it was View producers who "canceled him" when they learned of his objections to Hasselbeck, and not the other way around.

"It's a show with five cohosts, and it's about having different perspectives. I mean, it's called The View," the source told E! Online. "Elisabeth has acted the consummate professional she is. It's very bizarre he would call her 'dangerous.' "

What a moron.

Being on a show with someone with different opionions than yours is compromising your beliefs?

I'm deleting Mandy, Weekend in New England and Copacabana from my Itunes play list.

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com
Reaction score
It is pretty funny that he wouldn't going on the View, one of the most liberal shows out there, with just poor little Elisabeth defending the good guys against the loud mouth left like Rosie, Joy, Whoopie.

He couldn't be in more liberal friendly territory.

What a sad, botexed old man.

And I love Manilow!

And what a P.R. disaster.

"Manilow scared to go on View."

:ROFL:

SarahinOhio

In My Blue Period
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sarahhina.blogspot.com
To be fair to Manilow, Billy, this is pretty terrifying:

hasselbeck-moustache.jpg

Susan Gable

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susangable.com

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Seeing as I really don't give a flying rip about either person, I'm sure I'll fret over this for the next 15 seconds or so.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I learned George Clooney is a better boss than Martin Mull. And make sure you don't fart when you're giving your speech for Student Body President.
I love Rosanne.

We have all the seasons on DVD.

Seriously. My favorite character is Jackie, Roseanne's sister.

Too good.