Is this a sexist message?

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
From the link:

The report said the new bomb was much stronger than the U.S.-built Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb -- MOAB, also known under its name "Mother of All Bombs." "So, Russian designers called the new weapon 'Father of All Bombs'," it said.

Reaction score
Nah. It's a vacuum bomb. The father of all bombs. Why shouldn't men do the hoovering? :D

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Bomb

You can't have a bomb that's too big, or too powerful. If you're going to blow something up, then blow it up right.

But sexist?????????????? You gotta be kidding?

dahmnait

Just a figment…
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
When you figure it out, will you let me know?
Personally, I think that "Mother of all bombs" is more impressive than "Father of all bombs". Does that make me sexist?

At least this article states that it "will not contaminate the environment". I read another article where it said that it "will not impact the environment". How can a bomb not impact the environment?

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
Russians call their country "the Mother Land," right?

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
Vacuum bombs suck.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I guess people who name bombs just aren't creative enough. Or maybe they're just not honest enough.

How bout the juggernaut of all bombs, or the incinerator of all bombs or the apocalypse of all bombs or the baby killer of all bombs or the Ted Bundy of all bombs or how bout the biggest murdering mother-and- father-fucker of all bombs?

Obviously, it really bothers me that there's a cold war underway, and yes, that's exactly what it is.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
How are these things better than nukes? Someone is much more likely to use them for sure, but for the time being, I'm glad they are fairly massive.

New arms race begins when the US builds the Grandpappy of All Bombs.

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Please, give me a break... Nothin' better to do?

Hmmm...perhaps I should have put a -- :) -- after the 'sexist' question. I was being silly about that....

I did however want to post a link about this new and more powerful bomb and figured most people would have seen the title, moved past it and started discussing the actual meat of the story...this new 'no, we're not having an arms-race' arms race.

<shrugs>

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
They should name one of their iffy, undependable bombs the "Ne'er Do Well Brother-In-Law Searching For The Perfect Job While Fighting A Crack Addiction And Stealing Money From Mom's Purse" Bomb, also known as the "NDWBILSFTPJWFACAASMFMP" Bomb.

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
They should name one of their iffy, undependable bombs the "Ne'er Do Well Brother-In-Law Searching For The Perfect Job While Fighting A Crack Addiction And Stealing Money From Mom's Purse" Bomb, also known as the "NDWBILSFTPJWFACAASMFMP" Bomb.

aka The Britney Bomb?

;)

I don't want to be anywhere near the Paris Hilton Bomb...............cause that's hot...

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
Who's got dibs on the Crazy Uncleland?

My-Immortal

Mr. Invisible
Registered
Reaction score
And if these bomb's family tree didn't 'branch' and there were some inbreeding going on....could you have the mother-sister of all bombs?

Father-brother of all bombs?

Grandpappy-daddy of all bombs?

Or the ones you have to worry about is your cousin's friend's brother's sister-in-law's fiance's futher mother-in-laws step-daughter's boyfriend's uncle's live-in-significant-other's sister's grandfather of all bombs.

But still...to imply that the 'father' bomb is stronger than the 'mother' bomb does seem sexist to me...

Misogynistic perhaps....?

But then, I really posted what I thought would become the tangent of this thread's actual topic first, hoping the tangent would lead to the true story/debate.

Any one else concerned with these new bombs? Russia sending their bombers recently out into the Pacific...

Or is this a whole lot of nothing?

Just curious...

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
What about the pms of all bombs?

It just leaves all the guys stupified and the women saying, 'uh-huh, yeah, top that'.

Which they promptly top with the ITYIWOA bomb. (I told you I was ovulating, asshole)

That one can end the world as we know it.