Another gw wannabe...

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Thompson urges no letup in terror fight

During the three-day visit to Iowa, where precinct caucuses traditionally mark the start of the nominating season, the actor and former Tennessee senator called for a stepped-up effort in the global fight against terrorism.

How pathetic. Can't the newbee at least come up with something original?

How about stopping the terrorism at home first?

Bad Penny

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sueing someone here. That kind of reponse is usually reserved for me

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Lemme explain. No, that take too long. Lemme sum up.

Spooky is mad because Fred Thompson hates terrorists enough to want to go out and find them and kill them. He thinks we should wait until they come to America, and then find them and kill them.

Spooky, also apparently (this is implied) thinks any presidential candidate who thinks we should go out and find and kill terrorists is an asshole and no better than our current president, who, despite a fantastic record of going out and killing terrorists, is very unpopular among the "we shouldn't go out and kill terrorists, except for osama" crowd.

Based on that, the second poster decided Spooky was just a naysaying nilly, and took him to task, albeit too strenuously and too rudely for polite conversation.

It all went downhill from there.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Lemme explain. No, that take too long. Lemme sum up.

Spooky is mad because Fred Thompson hates terrorists enough to want to go out and find them and kill them. He thinks we should wait until they come to America, and then find them and kill them.

Wrong. I'm not mad. I'm disappointed in Fred that after all this "hoopla" about his entering the race he couldn't come up with an original platform. No, he took the same failed monologue of other candidates and Bush to promote his ideology.

Spooky, also apparently (this is implied) thinks any presidential candidate who thinks we should go out and find and kill terrorists is an asshole and no better than our current president, who, despite a fantastic record of going out and killing terrorists, is very unpopular among the "we shouldn't go out and kill terrorists, except for osama" crowd.

What fantastic record are we talking about? When did we capture bin laden? Hasn't the incidents of international terrorism increased since March '03 and not declined with the numerous successes you mention.

Based on that, the second poster decided Spooky was just a naysaying nilly, and took him to task, albeit too strenuously and too rudely for polite conversation.

Well this is the internet and people can say "Shut the fuck up" to strangers. But in real life. I doubt he'd do the same to my face, seriously. Not many people get a second chance.

It all went downhill from there.
:Shrug:

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Thompson urges no letup in terror fight

How pathetic. Can't the newbee at least come up with something original?

How about stopping the terrorism at home first?

I AGREE! And what struck me before he even talked about his platform is that he has Georgie's lovely habit of stumbling through his sentences. I like him on Law & Order and all, but I think he needs to stick to NBC scripts. I cannot deal with another southern accent (Hlilary, thankfully, was not born in Arkansas).

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I AGREE! And what struck me before he even talked about his platform is that he has Georgie's lovely habit of stumbling through his sentences. I like him on Law & Order and all, but I think he needs to stick to NBC scripts. I cannot deal with another southern accent (Hlilary, thankfully, was not born in Arkansas).

Here's the link I forgot to post.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070908/ap_on_el_pr/thompson_iowa;_ylt=AtQeiiK3tzMH_6mVo.ZPa6Ws0NUE

Another bad scripted anology from Fred:

"We are in a conflict with people who are trying to get their hands on the most destructive weapons known to man," Thompson said. "They are without rules and without conscience."

Now considering the middle-east hasn't produced a scientific device or instrument in almost a thousand years (that I am aware of) I find his conclusions ridiculous at best.

Yeah, like someone in al-quacker is going to have the smarts enough to build a neutron bomb. Fuckers can't even manage to build a proper toaster.

Reaction score
A. Now considering the middle-east hasn't produced a scientific device or instrument in almost a thousand years I find his conclusions ridiculous at best.

B. Yeah, like someone in al-quacker is going to have the smarts enough to build a neutron bomb. Fuckers can't even manage to build a proper toaster.

A. :ROFL:

B. :ROFL:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
The only reason we haven't seen another 9/11 incident in America is because they (al-wackjob) used all the smart terrorist to fly the planes.

Bad Penny

Banned
Reaction score

this all works wonderfully well when you don't care if you kill a whole village to kill 1 terrorist. maybe

which you should admit openly you for one don't

or have you already? yeah, scratch that, you have

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
this all works wonderfully well when you don't care if you kill a whole village to kill 1 terrorist. maybe
Oh great, now I'm like agree with Pen on this topic.

Shoot me now lori, darling, I'm ready to come home.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Depends on what terrorist and how big the village is and the circumstances of engagment.

Semantics.

That's like asking if women wants a small stick or a large stick and how many times can the man perform before making a commitment.

Size doesn't matter sometimes (so I'm told), but other times it's important to recognize the difference between opportunity and commitment.

Bad Penny

Banned
Reaction score
Oh great, now I'm like agree with Pen on this topic.

Shoot me now lori, darling, I'm ready to come home.

Here - a peace offering -

BQF-RRB-main.jpg

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I stepped out for a minute and I'm glad to see everyone's getting along again. While I was writing I could not get skelly's words out of my head and I'm really pissed that on a writing forum of all places he used those words to finish his point. Besides being disrespectful of another writer (hello, rules?) it's unimaginative.

Thanks for listening, I'm finished now.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com

which you should admit openly you for one don't

or have you already? yeah, scratch that, you have
But this complaint only works if you admit you don't really give a crap about the lives of those people in that village--as long as the people killing and torturing them on a semi-nightly basis carry badges and don't have embedded reporters from the AP with them.