poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
from the new osama video, sporting a new black beard (hot!):

"You permitted Bush to complete his first term, and stranger still, chose him for a second term, which gave him a clear mandate from you -- with your full knowledge and consent -- to continue to murder our people in Iraq and Afghanistan. Then you claim to be innocent! The innocence of yours is like my innocence of the blood of your sons on the 11th -- were I to claim such a thing."

"People of America: the world is following your news in regards to your invasion of Iraq, for people have recently come to know that, after several years of tragedies of this war, the vast majority of you want it stopped. Thus, you elected the Democratic Party for this purpose, but the Democrats haven't made a move worth mentioning. On the contrary, they continue to agree to the spending of tens of billions to continue the killing and war there."

"It has now become clear to you and the entire world the impotence of the democratic system and how it plays with the interests of the peoples and their blood by sacrificing soldiers and populations to achieve the interests of the major corporations."

on chomsky: "among one of the most capable of those from your own side"

on taxes and debt: "the reeling of many of you under the burden of interest-related debts, insane taxes and real estate mortgages; global warming and its woes..."

"To conclude, I invite you to embrace Islam. There are no taxes in Islam, but rather there is a limited Zakaat [alms] totaling 2.5 percent.”

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/09/new-obl-tape-ir.html

Reaction score
"To conclude, I invite you to embrace Islam. There are no taxes in Islam, but rather there is a limited Zakaat [alms] totaling 2.5 percent.”

Well. Hmmm.

Interesting.

I'm still listening, Osama.

Julie Worth

What? I have a title?
Registered
Reaction score
Everything he says sounds good, esp. the tax rate. But...will they pick up the garbage?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
tell the truth...

had you not heard any of this and i posted these quotes and attributed them to cindy sheehan, minus the religious rhetoric, would it really have surprised you?

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Not in the least.

I wonder about the tape itself, though, with the 'hair club for men' look. It doesn't ring true to me, doctored up or something.

Or is OBL committing the sin of vanity? Will he look remarkably like Boy George in the next video?

All very strange.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
tell the truth...

had you not heard any of this and i posted these quotes and attributed them to cindy sheehan, minus the religious rhetoric, would it really have surprised you?

Oh now, now. . . .

"It has now become clear to you and the entire world the impotence of the democratic system and how it plays with the interests of the peoples and their blood by sacrificing soldiers and populations to achieve the interests of the major corporations."

Yes, it would really surprise me if that were her.

Reaction score
It's hard to decipher between the obama and osama threads with just quick glances. It's very confusing.

He should change his last name.

Reggie Bin Laden.

whistlelock

Whiskey Rebel
Registered
Reaction score
Somehow I ended up in Fort Worth. Dunno how that h
tell the truth...

does the conversion to Islam count as religious rhetoric?

and, he's picked up language from watching our news broadcasts, and I believe the message is designed to look like he's "giving us a chance" to change and see the light.

Make him look like a Great Prince. especially with the dye job.

I guess.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody actually seen the tape?

If you have a link, please post it.

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
Living in a cave and licking magic mushrooms seems like a great life concept to me. Where do I sign up?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
It's hard to decipher between the obama and osama threads with just quick glances. It's very confusing.

He should change his last name.

Reggie Bin Laden.
I agree. I thought this was about Obama's quotes. Maybe they are? I don't know anymore.

small axe

memento mori
Registered
Reaction score
The innocence of yours is like my innocence of the blood of your sons on the 11th -- were I to claim such a thing."

The man has read O.J.'s book !?!

I'll confess this thing about Osama bin Laden: I admire the man's fanatical straight-upness, dammit!

He told the Soviets they'd go down in Afghanistan, and the rich punk gave up the Arab playboy lifestyle and went to take down the Soviets.

He told the USA he was declaring war on the West, nobody paid attention, and he put his suicide martyrs where his mouth was.

He knows where he stands on issues, we all know where he stands on issues, he talks the talk and then he walks the walk ...

If only we had Leaders who we could trust like that.

I salute our fighting men and women who have his spirit and iron (but in the defense of Freedom) ... and contempt and outrage to our spineless politicians who do not.

If an American candidate stood up and said he or she would defend FREEDOM with the dedication of those who seek to destroy Freedom (not the evil tactics, just the devout dedication) ...

How many of us would support it ...

And how many here would howl in derision ???

Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice... moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. -- Barry Goldwater

Me, I'd like it if the USA govt. took the man alive and put him on trial for conspiracy to murder 3,000 innocent lives on 9-11-2001.

But I'd fear to have him speak and have his words carried across the world. I think he'd inspire a lot of people.

There's gotta be a moral difference between starting a war for something you believe, versus starting a war when you know it's a lie.

I sure as hell wish they hadn't hanged Saddam on the cell phone video like that. Saddam won a lot of hearts, dying like a mensch, going out quotable, while "our" guys hopped around like monkeys in a Tarzan movie shouting our true enemies' names.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
But I'd fear to have him speak and have his words carried across the world. I think he'd inspire a lot of people.

If you fear that, we're in trouble. Killing him so he'll shut up is in reality a defeat of freedom. Do you really think what he says has enough credence that you'd rather kill him than have him speak?

I sure as hell wish they hadn't hanged Saddam on the cell phone video like that. Saddam won a lot of hearts, dying like a mensch, going out quotable. . . .

Yes he did. And George Bush failed miserably to bring pride to the US for what the majority of the world rightfully considered a US orchestrated/monstrous act.

AndiB

Registered
Reaction score
Wow Small Axe, well said.

The frightening thing about Bin Laden is that his fury rings true. That is why he has people willing to die for his cause. My problem however, is that he has distorted the cause of Islam and superimposed his agenda onto it. He is convincing people that they are dieing for Islam and not for him when that isn't the case. I think that giving this man a trial could have devestating consequences though I do not think we will ever take him alive. He is probably quite certain that his power would only strengthen were he to die for the sake of his cause rather than being tried for his crimes.