Craig resigns

Andrew

Most of the rules gotta go...
Registered
Reaction score
Senator Craig announced he will resign in September and not finish his term for Idaho. Heheh. Good.

Reaction score
Happy to see that Republicans still resign from their positions when they are caught doing something wrong unlike most democrats who will hold on for dear life under all circumstances from felony perjury to bribery and everything inbetween.

Who was the last democrat to resign from office or at least step down from a chairmanship?

I'm sure it's happened many times, but who?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Happy to see that Republicans still resign from their positions when they are caught doing something wrong unlike most democrats who will hold on for dear life under all circumstances from felony perjury to bribery and everything inbetween.

Who was the last democrat to resign from office or at least step down from a chairmanship?

Republicans are the only politicians with the common decency to quit when caught in scandal Billy. I think the last Democrat to resign in a contrversy was Sal Delmonica, the DNC liaison to the AFL-CIO and truckers' union, back in the 1963 Des Moines Comptroller election -- after that nasty incident with the midget and glue gun.

Reaction score
Republicans are the only politicians with the common decency to quit when caught in scandal Billy.

I know.

It's a badge of honor yet very frustrating at the same time.

Sad that our friends across the aisle continuously feel the need to put personal power above love of country and their constituents.

Oh well.

:Shrug:

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net

Apparently you people have forgotten that New Jersey former governor Jim McGreevey resigned when he got so riddled with scandals. His reason was that some guy who worked under him was going to file a sexual harassment lawsuit, which would have outed him (which, he ended up outing himself in a press conference and in front of his family; really tacky imo) and become really embarrassing to him.

Secondly, I hear that no one's calling for Senator David Vitter's resignation over his buying sex from prostitutes or even Senator Ted Stevens who is being investigated by the FBI and the IRS over shady deals involving his house in Alaska. Seems to me that the Republicans only push guys out when it becomes too inconvenient to have them in office any longer.

Mark Foley was a classic example. The biggest fuss over that whole thing was that then-Speaker Denny Hastart knew of the complaints against him, but did nothing until that scandal blew up in their faces.

That's not to say, however, that I don't think that guys like William Jefferson should keep their jobs either (in fact, he got re-elected by people in his district because he claimed racism, nevermind the fact that his opponent in the run-off was also black!), in fact I'd love to see Jefferson resign his post.

So, in the future guys, perhaps you need to see that there are instances where both parties are just as equally guilty in allowing morally-bankrupt people in their ranks until they become inconvenient to the party as a whole.

Reaction score
All politicians with the names William and Jefferson should have resigned from their offices.

What is it about those names that leads to deviant behavior?

It's probably more the Jefferson than the William.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Apparently you people have forgotten... New Jersey former governor Jim McGreevey.
Yes, yes we had. Thanks for finally being relevant, Ig.

Secondly, I hear that no one's calling for Senator David Vitter's resignation over his buying sex from prostitutes
Um... what else are you supposed to buy from them?

Or... Senator Ted Stevens
Actually, everyone here at AW thinks Alaska's politicians are evil whoring corrupt men who need to go. Check your audience before making blanket statements.

Reaction score
Actually, everyone here at AW thinks Alaska's politicians are evil whoring corrupt men who need to go. .

I didn't.

Not because I wouldn't, but I just don't really care all that much about what occurs in that piece of ice that somehow we got possession of because Canada dropped the ball.

I mean, people, can anyone deny that Alaska is really Canada?

I'll take the oil though.

One day.
:)

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I didn't.

Not because I wouldn't, but I just don't really care all that much about what occurs in that piece of ice that somehow we got possession of because Canada dropped the ball.

I mean, people, can anyone deny that Alaska is really Canada?

I'll take the oil though.

One day.
:)

Well, Ok, good point. Of the people who care enough about North Iraqanada, we all want Stevens gone.

Reaction score
Well, Ok, good point. Of the people who care enough about North Iraqanada, we all want Stevens gone.

You can speak upon my behalf regarding all matters involving that ice cube to the north of Canada.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
You can speak upon my behalf regarding all matters involving that ice cube to the north of Canada.

I will. My parents met up there, so I'll probably assign my dad as Ambassador to the Polar Bears and Eskimos.

Reaction score
I will. My parents met up there, so I'll probably assign my dad as Ambassador to the Polar Bears and Eskimos.

I love it. Our relations with the Polar Bears and Eskimos have clearly chilled over the past few years.

Holla!

I said it.

No I didn't.

Yes I did.

InfinityGoddess

Goddess of Infinity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
infinitygoddess.net
Actually, everyone here at AW thinks Alaska's politicians are evil whoring corrupt men who need to go. Check your audience before making blanket statements.

Excuse me for being a n00b, but I did not know that, number one, and number two, I'm not even on my own computer all this weekend (and my parents' internet connection is more annoying than my computer's speed back at my dormy hole...HATE Comcast...), therefore any attempt to go digging is not feasible for the time being. :p~

Last edited:

Andrew

Most of the rules gotta go...
Registered
Reaction score
Uh, oh... I'm on comcast. I've noticed some things too but figured it was the computer. Heh.

small axe

memento mori
Registered
Reaction score
What bothers me though is how the gay community hasn't rallied to his defense.

So the guy's a two faced lying political weasel ... the fact remains that he got so much outrage and so little support because he's a male who (supposedly) tried to hook up with a male.

JFK bends Monroe over in a rest room, people would've cheered. Hot vixen schoolteacher seduces a 6th grade boy and most of the hetero men in the world think "lucky kid, I'd hit that too"

Gay man tries for a little Bokonon man/foot love ... and the gay community abandons one of their own?

Where's the bath house loyalty? Where's the Spartan legions standing sweating shoulder to sweaty shoulder to hold the tight pass against the barbarian horde?

Politics is disappointment. Politics is disillusionment.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
how many more good people must be taken down due to restless leg syndrome before we wake up?

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Republicans are the only politicians with the common decency to quit when caught in scandal Billy. I think the last Democrat to resign in a contrversy was Sal Delmonica, the DNC liaison to the AFL-CIO and truckers' union, back in the 1963 Des Moines Comptroller election -- after that nasty incident with the midget and glue gun.
Maybe the Dems (and the Fourth Estate) are just better at putting together an airtight case? There are so many possible theories for this perception.

This is an interesting topic on which to claim moral high ground: the courage of one's, er, convictions, one might say.

By this logic, should one conclude that Gary Hart, Spiro Agnew, and Wayne Hays were relatively upstanding citizens?

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
well, there's that and they knew that idaho has a republican governor who will appoint a republican replacement, something they had no reasonable expectation of in louisiana with vitter.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Gay man tries for a little Bokonon man/foot love ... and the gay community abandons one of their own?

Hmmm, maybe because said man voted for almost every anti-gay legislation there is? Just because he may be gay (or he likes to play footsie in public men's rooms) doesn't mean every gay person in the world should rally after him. It's not a "cult."

Now let's see if JKF had voted for bills that would penalize heterosexuality if the guy next door would say, "WTG!"

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Hmmm, maybe because said man voted for almost every anti-gay legislation there is? Just because he may be gay (or he likes to play footsie in public men's rooms) doesn't mean every gay person in the world should rally after him. It's not a "cult."
You know, I don't believe these guys even think of themselves as gay. They are able to compartmentalize their lives to an amazing degree. If anything, they might think of themselves as having some sort of "unfortunate compulsion."

Opty

Banned
Reaction score
If a heterosexual man has a sexual compulsion/addiction disorder, he may satiate those urges through pretty much any means he can. If that involves a homosexual encounter, then he might engage in such activities and still not be homosexual (or bisexual) or consider himself to be homosexual/bisexual.

Sort of like when a raging alcoholic will drink any form of alcohol to satiate the urge to drink (like artificial Vanilla extract, which contains quite a bit of alcohol. Some alcoholics have even been known to drink ethyl alcohol). They are not satisfying the urge to drink Vanilla extract (or, in this case, have sex with men in a bathroom); they are satisfying the urge to drink alcohol (or, in this case, achieve orgasm from...well...anything).

If you listen to the tape of his arrest/interrogation, he's in total denial. His self-concept is so high and grandiose, that he'll protect it at all costs. He probably even believes his own denials (i.e. that he really didn't do it). That is, assuming he actually WAS looking for some restroom ding dong (and, it seems likely that he was).

If you recall, Senator Craig was the first (and only, I believe) to publicly deny any involvement in the "Page Sex Scandal" of the early 80s, which was even more odd considering he was never even named as a suspect. They hadn't pointed any fingers yet, nor named any suspects, but he held a public press conference the very next day denying involvement in a scandal which he had not yet been implicated in.

To me, that's the sexual misconduct version of "Whoever smelt it, dealt it."

He's been single most of his life and married late in life (AFTER the Page scandal and questions about his sexuality). He adopted his kids as they were his wife's from a previous relationship. I'm not gonna say that she's his beard, but...well...it does all seem fishy.

So, based on his current and past behavior, I don't think it's a stretch to conclude that this guy may very well have some psychological "difficulties" (to say the least) which sublimate as deviant sexual behavior.

Last edited:
Reaction score
To me, that's the sexual misconduct version of "Whoever smelt it, dealt it."

Whoever came up with that phrase should get a Kennedy Center Honors tribute.

That person truly revolutionized the flatulance landscape.

Now, when there's a foul smell, we all hesitate.

"Will they think it was I?"

The world changed with the coining of that phrase.

May whoever came up with it live a blessed and long life.

Last edited: