PDA

View Full Version : My new haircut!

JoNightshade
08-30-2007, 03:18 AM
I am seriously thrilled with my new haircut. I've never ever cut my hair this short and I think it looks fantastic. :) Anyway, sorry about the crappy picture but it's the best I can do with the timer thingie on my camera. Trust me it looks awesome in person. :)

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/customprofilepics/profilepic14880_1.gif

JoNightshade
08-30-2007, 03:19 AM
Hmm, I think I need to start wearing earrings.

akiwiguy
08-30-2007, 03:36 AM
Looking good!

You look freakishly like a friend of mine, and that hairstyle is identical. Uncanny, I'm still doing a double take.

JoNightshade
08-30-2007, 03:46 AM
Looking good!

You look freakishly like a friend of mine, and that hairstyle is identical. Uncanny, I'm still doing a double take.

Really? Is she a New Zealander? People are always confounded by my racial heritage, so maybe that's where I'm "really" from. (I've had people think I was: Russian, Native American, Irish, and Chinese. Yes, Chinese.)

The_Grand_Duchess
08-30-2007, 03:46 AM
You're gorgeous! The cut looks great!

Shady Lane
08-30-2007, 04:01 AM
SO cute. I love it. And earrings will only make it more adorable. Cartilage piercing, perhaps?

JoNightshade
08-30-2007, 04:12 AM
SO cute. I love it. And earrings will only make it more adorable. Cartilage piercing, perhaps?

You mean my NOSE? HECK no! I don't go in for pain, thanks. ;)

I do love it, though. I think mainly because it suits my personality better. Long hair just looked too sweet and... whatever. And I'm kinda not. ;)

jennifer75
08-30-2007, 04:20 AM
I am seriously thrilled with my new haircut. I've never ever cut my hair this short and I think it looks fantastic. :) Anyway, sorry about the crappy picture but it's the best I can do with the timer thingie on my camera. Trust me it looks awesome in person. :)

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/customprofilepics/profilepic14880_1.gif

I absolutely love it! It's fantastic! It's so you! Isn't it great!?!?!?

Say goodbye to
http://i4.tinypic.com/530fbic.jpg
and hello to
http://i4.tinypic.com/4z18pys.jpg

Shady Lane
08-30-2007, 04:21 AM
Noo! Top of your ear!

http://www.smoochmonkey.com/uploaded_images/P1040415-733509.JPG

Mine looks way better than this girl's.

They're not scary. Nothing compared to the ones I want to get...[/teenage rebellion]

ETA: Sorry about the FRICKIN HUGE picture.

JoNightshade
08-30-2007, 04:23 AM
Is that what I'm supposed to use? I got some pomade stuff from my stylist that smells all yummy.

And actually, I never used one of those round hairbrush thingiemabobs. See, the other issue with my hair is that, um, I never ever style it. Ponytail! And actually I am thinking about having the top of my hair trimmed even more so I can just spike it and not have to worry about which way it goes. :)

The_Grand_Duchess
08-30-2007, 04:24 AM
I got my cartlidge pierced too. My sister has hers done like five times. She's crazy.

JoNightshade
08-30-2007, 04:24 AM
Oh, no no no on the top of the ear piercing. Sorry, I have seen that go way wrong too many times. I know a girl who has a cauliflower ear (all smushed up) because of that. No ways. :)

kristie911
08-30-2007, 04:26 AM
I love it...very cute.

I cut my hair off every few years and love it. I don't know what makes me grow it back but I always do. :)

jennifer75
08-30-2007, 04:27 AM
Is that what I'm supposed to use? I got some pomade stuff from my stylist that smells all yummy.

And actually, I never used one of those round hairbrush thingiemabobs. See, the other issue with my hair is that, um, I never ever style it. Ponytail! And actually I am thinking about having the top of my hair trimmed even more so I can just spike it and not have to worry about which way it goes. :)

There are lots of pomades out there, try not to use too much of the clear ones, they'll grease you up. Higher end salons will carry tons of it, different types, the basic pomades you can get at Target etc.

I used a Pantene pomade even in my long hair and it works well. Again, less is more. More is bad. Have fun!!!!

Perks
08-30-2007, 04:27 AM
The do is terrific. You look great!

Susie
08-30-2007, 04:56 AM
You look gorgeous, dahlink!:) Really.

maestrowork
08-30-2007, 05:01 AM
Hubba hubba.

SC Harrison
08-30-2007, 05:02 AM

Are you kidding? You could wear a burlap sack and still be drop-dead gorgeous.

Whew! Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?

poetinahat
08-30-2007, 05:02 AM
It's lovely, Jo. Your photo reminds me of a Modigliani painting.

JoNightshade
08-30-2007, 05:05 AM
Married! I am married!

But thanks, guys. Haha. Now going off to look up Modi-Modi-whatever.

JoNightshade
08-30-2007, 05:07 AM
It's lovely, Jo. Your photo reminds me of a Modigliani painting.

THIS dude? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amedeo_Modigliani) Hmm, I am not sure whether I should take that as a compliment. :D

Perks
08-30-2007, 05:10 AM
His paintings (most of 'em are nekkid) featured a lot of graceful curved poses and long necks. I think that's where Poet's getting the vibe.

It was a compliment.

Azraelsbane
08-30-2007, 05:19 AM

Yeah, I agree. :D I got my hair cut short and had my ears repierced last week. Now I have skull studs in for the next 6 weeks. Arrrr, matey!

And the hair looks awesome! Good goin'! What's the hubby think?

Danger Jane
08-30-2007, 06:01 AM
hot, man

I have long hippie hair...but oh so luxurious

glassquill
08-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Nice hair-do. I think it suits you well. :) It's so hard to get a hair style that works for you.

Tricky things, hair styles. One wrong move and you'd be stuck with the results until it grows out. :D Which is why I stick to long hair these days. Had a hairdresser cut my hair too short in the past and people kept thinking I was a guy. :mad:

Mandy-Jane
08-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Yep, your hair does look great. And you look EXACTLY like my niece did a few years ago. EXACTLY. It's amazing. But now she has super-long hair and still looks beautiful. She's got the same shaped face as you.

Very nice!

Southern_girl29
08-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow, that's a great cut. I haven't had my hair really short in about four years. I cut it off right after my daughter was born. You have a very nice shaped face, too.

JoNightshade
08-30-2007, 10:28 AM
What's the hubby think?

I totally expected him to freak out (one of his quirks), but I prepared him well in advance with a phonecall and an IM, so when he saw me he actually said... "It's cute!" That's high praise from him, so I was thrilled. I think he was surprised that it looked so good. :D And beyond that... well, that's PRIVATE. ;)

I just took a shower... and I have concluded that this is the best haircut EVER. I used 1/10 the shampoo and it took like five seconds. I just had to ruffle it a bit when I got out and I was DONE. Now I am wondering why I did not think of this years ago. :)

Unique
08-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Now I am wondering why I did not think of this years ago. :)

er ... because it grows back? And every time you want it done you have to pay for it ...

and moving right along ... it looks great. :D

ccarver30
08-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Very cute!! I got mine cut yesterday too! :D

scarletpeaches
08-30-2007, 05:18 PM
You've got a beautiful neck. :)

I know, I'm weird, but I just like people's necks. Your new cut really shows it off. Well done you for being so brave!

I got my hair cropped from waist-length before, but only because it had been short before that and I knew I liked it. I don't think I'd have had the bottle to go from long to short in one go unless I'd previously had that style.

Bmwhtly
08-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Very nice.

In fact, with that cut you look just like... *scratches head* ummm.... whatshername?
*bangs brain on desk*...

With that cut, you look just like someone who's name I forget.

NeuroFizz
08-30-2007, 05:26 PM
The haircut suits you, Jo. Very attractive (it and you).

Siddow
08-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Very nice.

In fact, with that cut you look just like... *scratches head* ummm.... whatshername?
*bangs brain on desk*...

With that cut, you look just like someone who's name I forget.

Audrey Hepburn, right?

I love the cut. It is perfect for you.

Stew21
08-30-2007, 06:38 PM
I had long hair and when I cut it short (about the length of yours in the photo) I liked it so much short that i kept getting it shorter and shorter, and well, I don't think I can go much more. Now I get highlights in it and use pomade and wear it messy. I also almost never use a brush.
I love it. Welcome to low maintenance hair (that doesn't require a ponytail).

:)

You look great!

joyce
08-30-2007, 06:42 PM
See Jo I knew you were going to look fantastic. Now we have a beauty queen on AW!

acharity
08-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Rowr! *claws air* Very smexy! I can see it working well with earings (: I can't picture it being spikey, though, like you suggested with getting the top cut shorter *rubs chin* Hmmm... but lookin' good! ;)

jennifer75
08-30-2007, 08:04 PM
I totally expected him to freak out (one of his quirks), but I prepared him well in advance with a phonecall and an IM, so when he saw me he actually said... "It's cute!" That's high praise from him, so I was thrilled. I think he was surprised that it looked so good. :D And beyond that... well, that's PRIVATE. ;)

I just took a shower... and I have concluded that this is the best haircut EVER. I used 1/10 the shampoo and it took like five seconds. I just had to ruffle it a bit when I got out and I was DONE. Now I am wondering why I did not think of this years ago. :)

My bfatt totally gave me shit every chance he could when I chopped mine off. It upset me, but I still loved it. So what did I do? I went and bleached it! Ha! Top that! lol.

That is an entirely different thread.

Katol
08-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Wish I had your nerve - wish I had your nose! Looks great!

Cath

acharity
08-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Now I'm going to get my hair trimmed before classes start! Woo! Though mine only goes just above shoulder length (:

JoNightshade
08-30-2007, 08:11 PM
Audrey Hepburn, right?

I love the cut. It is perfect for you.

:roll: Oh man, I can't believe you said that. People have been saying "Wow you look like Audrey Hepburn" to my mom since way before I was born. I could never pass in person because I'm six feet tall. Audrey is like a size negative eight. ;)

And thanks again everyone for the compliments! Yay!! :)