Interpret the previous poster's dream

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
Here's a valuable service we can provide to each other. Suppose as an example that JeanneTGC writes that she had a dream in which a train entered a tunnel, then the scene shifted and a submarine entered some sort of undersea cave and all of the seamen aboard came out to explore it, and then the scene shifted once more and a rocket blasted off with a jarring explosion of motion. What could it all mean, Jeanne wonders?

Easy, the next poster interprets: Jeanne is getting ready for the school year to start, because her daughter will soon be getting on a school bus, a vehicle of roughly the same length/width ratio as the other three vehicles in her dream. Then this same poster offers up their dream.

Sound fun?

Well, I sure as heck don't remember any dream from last night, so who else wants to go first?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
LOL at the set-up.

I'll go first.

This is a true, recurring nightmare that I had at least 30-40 times from the time I was about 10 until I was nearly 14.

In my dream, all kids my age were taken and placed on open prison systems that hovered several miles over the earth. There were no walls to the prison -- why would there need to be? And all the kids were forced to wear rollerskates, so they wouldn't get the idea of trying anything funny.

In the first few iterations of the dream, I got in a fight with someone and was pushed off the edge. In later versions, I staged the fight so I could escape. In all versions, I tried landing in a deep lake I saw beneath me, but always missed. In the first several versions, I broke bones and internal organs, and always awoke dying of massive injuries. In later versions I learned to break my fall in the branches of trees, and eventually survived the fall.

I have three other recurring dreams that have haunted my youth, but this should be enough for now.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
In my dream, all kids my age were taken and placed on open prison systems that hovered several miles over the earth. There were no walls to the prison -- why would there need to be? And all the kids were forced to wear rollerskates, so they wouldn't get the idea of trying anything funny.

In the first few iterations of the dream, I got in a fight with someone and was pushed off the edge. In later versions, I staged the fight so I could escape. In all versions, I tried landing in a deep lake I saw beneath me, but always missed. In the first several versions, I broke bones and internal organs, and always awoke dying of massive injuries. In later versions I learned to break my fall in the branches of trees, and eventually survived the fall.

Okay, to me this is just a metaphor for your insecurities as a young person. You felt trapped in your environment, and you felt that everyone else was trapped, and that there were a ridiculous amount of restrictions placed on you just to make sure you couldn't be free to do as you liked.

The escape attempts are you attempting to mature. You make forays into the adult world, but each time it ends in disaster because you can't control yourself. Then, gradually, you learn to cope with this crazy unfamiliar world outside the confines of your little child-world. And eventually, you learn to survive.
-----

How's that? Okay, here's mine. This is a recurring dream from my childhood as well. I don't have it anymore, thank goodness.

Basically, I repeatedly (in the same dream) perform brain surgery on my mother. I do it at night when she's sleeping. Each time, I take out a small piece of her brain. In the day, her mental processes slowly degrade and she starts getting more and more helpless and confused. I hate myself for doing it, but I continue to remove pieces of her brain. Finally, when it's clear that she's not going to live much longer, I confess. She wraps me in her arms and tells me it's okay; she's known about it all along, and in her now-simple-minded way, she forgives me completely. I am crushed with guilt, and her forgiveness makes me weep.

Jacob

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, to me this is just a metaphor for your insecurities as a young person. You felt trapped in your environment, and you felt that everyone else was trapped, and that there were a ridiculous amount of restrictions placed on you just to make sure you couldn't be free to do as you liked.

The escape attempts are you attempting to mature. You make forays into the adult world, but each time it ends in disaster because you can't control yourself. Then, gradually, you learn to cope with this crazy unfamiliar world outside the confines of your little child-world. And eventually, you learn to survive.
-----

How's that? Okay, here's mine. This is a recurring dream from my childhood as well. I don't have it anymore, thank goodness.

Basically, I repeatedly (in the same dream) perform brain surgery on my mother. I do it at night when she's sleeping. Each time, I take out a small piece of her brain. In the day, her mental processes slowly degrade and she starts getting more and more helpless and confused. I hate myself for doing it, but I continue to remove pieces of her brain. Finally, when it's clear that she's not going to live much longer, I confess. She wraps me in her arms and tells me it's okay; she's known about it all along, and in her now-simple-minded way, she forgives me completely. I am crushed with guilt, and her forgiveness makes me weep.[/quote

I think your dream is beautiful and it posseses every element that makes us human. Trust, fear,love, anxiety,forgiveness,guilt. The way I would interpret this dream is that you love your mother very deeply but maybe you were worried about not being able to show this love in a way wich you felt could be adequately communicated? Since all relationships our scarred by some sort of rejection wich makes it even more diffcult to be vulnerable and express ourselves in away wich leaves the possibilty of abandonment Maybe in your subconcious mind you created a scenario in wich both you and your mother fully gave and received love in the purest way possible. mercy, grace, compassion and forgiveness.

This is moving thanks for sharing it.

Last edited:

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I think your dream is beautiful and it posseses every element that makes us human. Trust, fear,love, anxiety,forgiveness,guilt. The way I would interpret this dream is that you love your mother very deeply but maybe you were worried about not being able to show this love in a way wich you felt could be adequately communicated? Since relationship is scarred by some sort of rejection wich makes it even more diffcult to be vulnerable and express ourselves in away wich leaves the possibilty of abandonment Maybe in your subconcious mind you created a scenario in wich both you and your mother fully gave and received love in the purest way possible. mercy, grace, compassion and forgiveness.

This is moving thanks for sharing it.

Thanks! I always thought it was pretty dang weird. :)

So where's your dream? Gotta leave your own after interpreting! :)

Cyclops

Registered
Reaction score
I have weird dreams. since we are at a lull, I will post mine, but i do promise an interpretation later.

--Just an aside. I was really sick when I had this dream. So I blame the cold medication and Nyquil, chased with a shot of rum. I don't drink, so thats enough to knock me out.

I was in a parking lot dressed as a repairman. I was going to kill George Jetson. There were cameras all around. I hoped my disguise would throw security off long enough to monkey wrench his car.

There was a ring. I answered my cell phone.
It was a woman. "I know you want me. Do it! Kill George! then we can be together, FOREVER!"

I was shocked. it was Jane his wife! I'm having an affair...I felt so guilty.

The phone rang again. A rough slurred voice came on.
"I know you're going to kill George. I'm going to tell!" Click.

It was Astro! Nooooooo! Now I had to kill the dog too!

I felt so guilty, I woke up. Seriously, It kept me awake for a few hours after that!

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
While we're waiting, I'll play...
Here's a valuable service we can provide to each other. Suppose as an example that JeanneTGC writes that she had a dream in which a train entered a tunnel, then the scene shifted and a submarine entered some sort of undersea cave and all of the seamen aboard came out to explore it, and then the scene shifted once more and a rocket blasted off with a jarring explosion of motion. What could it all mean, Jeanne wonders?
Jeanne never wonders about dreams like these. Jeanne knows they mean what they always mean :D ... geez, my leetle Meerkat, don't you know ANYthing about the psychology of dreams? My, my, we need to talk...

(I pretty much analyze any dream I have that isn't worth turning into a storyline...they all end up being about sex, stress, or needing to wake up and piddle.) (I'm a simple creature, I guess.)

So, wracking my brain here for something that I can't clearly define from the ol' bag o' dreams...um...errr...I'm in this tunnel and...no, not that one...rocket ship goes up...nah, been done...I could make something up...erm...ACK! I got nuthin' that I haven't already figured out or am going to use as a storyline!

Hey! I'll use one of my husband's! He dreamed that we were on vacation in Southern California and while we were there, he was killed. He didn't know he was dead, but he kept on calling me and I was telling him he wasn't where we (me, our daughter and her best friend) were expecting him. Turns out he was in a strip mall in Purgatory and Henry Rollins was the maitre'de. Rollins was telling my husband that he was dead and they were having an existential argument, as well as a fist fight (which my husband, though smaller, won...hey, it was HIS dream, okay?). When my husband accepted that nothing is real, then he was released from the strip mall and allowed to go to Heaven. And then he woke up.

Sooo, other than being a dream that kept me mildly freaked out through our entire vacation last month, whaddaya think it means?

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
I have weird dreams. since we are at a lull, I will post mine, but i do promise an interpretation later.

--Just an aside. I was really sick when I had this dream. So I blame the cold medication and Nyquil, chased with a shot of rum. I don't drink, so thats enough to knock me out.

I felt so guilty, I woke up. Seriously, It kept me awake for a few hours after that!
I crossed posted with Cyclops, so I'll try to do a fast interpretation.

Um, either you REALLY love the Jetsons more than anyone who isn't receiving royalties from them should, or you're stressed and at a crossroads, where you want to do something but know that you shouldn't.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Hey! I'll use one of my husband's! He dreamed that we were on vacation in Southern California and while we were there, he was killed. He didn't know he was dead, but he kept on calling me and I was telling him he wasn't where we (me, our daughter and her best friend) were expecting him. Turns out he was in a strip mall in Purgatory and Henry Rollins was the maitre'de. Rollins was telling my husband that he was dead and they were having an existential argument, as well as a fist fight (which my husband, though smaller, won...hey, it was HIS dream, okay?). When my husband accepted that nothing is real, then he was released from the strip mall and allowed to go to Heaven. And then he woke up.

Sooo, other than being a dream that kept me mildly freaked out through our entire vacation last month, whaddaya think it means?

Your husband is a frustrated musician. Or he hates shopping. But he sure loves you. He just doesn't believe what you say.

My last musician dream involves George Harrison. I walked down the stairs to my basement (my real-life basement, not a made-up dream basement) and George Harrison was sitting on the bottom step. He watched me take a shower in my office (which doesn't really have a shower). Words were passed, but even at waking, I couldn't remember what he'd said.

davids

Banned
Reaction score
You obviously desire a sex change operation performed by a slight debauched British rock star

My dream-wouldn't cha like to know? That is my dream-really-not joking-or I could tell you the dream about Siddow which revolves around a carowsel and has me chacin' her and she is dressed in bra panties and garter belt with stockings but that would not really interest anyone right? This post is to be totally ignored as it is silly and it is not Friday and I humbly appopularagize to the OP

JeanneTGC

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Your husband is a frustrated musician. Or he hates shopping. But he sure loves you. He just doesn't believe what you say.
No, he's got no musical aspirations at all. But he DOES hate shopping, and he's really into punk rock and so has love/hate feelings about Rollins. And, yeah, he does love me, but, LOL, he rarely believes what I say. You're good, Sid, you're good!

My last musician dream involves George Harrison. I walked down the stairs to my basement (my real-life basement, not a made-up dream basement) and George Harrison was sitting on the bottom step. He watched me take a shower in my office (which doesn't really have a shower). Words were passed, but even at waking, I couldn't remember what he'd said.
Gee, um...you want to have more spiritual guidance in your life, but feel that it's been buried. Maybe you were more spiritual when you were younger, when George was still alive, and you'd like to dredge that back up, possibly by cleansing yourself of your sins, cynicism, age. You can't remember the words because the words aren't as important as the music, the feelings.

Either that or you have a dead beetle in your basement and you'd like it cleaned up.

Last edited:

Jacob

Registered
Reaction score
Ok so a few nights ago I had this dream that I was walking through a parking lot and this girl walks up to me with a box fan on top of her head. Only its one of those big metal ones you see in a gym. Anyways, she tells me to give her all the money in my pocket or she was going to take a packet of powdered Icy Hot( wich does not exist because I googled it when I woke up) and pour it into the fan and make me drink it . Thats pretty much all I remember.
Have at it...:)

Last edited:

Cyclops

Registered
Reaction score
Ok so a few nights ago I had this dream that I was walking through a parking lot and this girl walks up to me with a box fan on top of her head. Only its one of those big metal ones you see in a gym. Anyways, she tells me to give her all the money in my pocket or she was going to take a packet of powdered Icy Hot( wich does not exist because I googled it when I woke up) and pour it into the fan and make me drink it . Thats really all I remember but Im guessing the dream ended with me giving her my money.
Have at it...:)
The icy hot represents your fear of aging. The parking lot represents your life, and the fact that people walk all over you.
The girl is a fear you have never faced...but one day you must. The money is opportunity wasted on yet another silly girl.

Jacob

Registered
Reaction score
The icy hot represents your fear of aging. The parking lot represents your life, and the fact that people walk all over you.
The girl is a fear you have never faced...but one day you must. The money is opportunity wasted on yet another silly girl.

You are a prophet indeed ;)

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Oh, I had one the other morning. I'm pretty sure this was sparked by me having to go pee (which I did as soon as I woke up!), but the rest of it is weird.

So, I'm at a restaurant with a group of friends, including my husband. But in the dream, he's still my boyfriend, and for some reason one of his buddies is also hitting on me. So his buddy is sitting directly next to me, while he is on the other side. I am wearing a skirt, which I almost never do. Then I have to go to the bathroom, so I excuse myself... only for some reason, I realize I HAVE to go into the guy's bathroom. So I then proceed to try to pass myself off as a CROSS DRESSING GUY in the men's bathroom. Obviously I can't use a urinal, so I go into one of the stalls, except the doors are curtains which keep blowing up so the guys in the stalls next to mine are visible. Obviously this is kind of embarrassing but I attempt to act guyish. I succeed, and the men around me keep saying things to each other like, "Whoa, that's a guy!" Finally the ordeal is over and I go out and sit back down. However, my husband/boyfriend has kicked his buddy out of the seat next to mine, and he presents me with a giant chocolate car. (About the size of a guitar.) I'm like, "Uh, thanks..." while I notice that it's melting. But I recognize that he is being all sweet and I love him for it.

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
you secretly wish you could eat as much chocolate as a man but you fear that your husband won't let you even though he would. mysogynistic chocolate.

um, when I was not really awake yet this morning (10:50 AM) I was daydreaming about meeting grace slick. I met her at the skating rink where I was supposed to go skating but thought my friends weren't there. I first freaked out OMGWTFBBQ grace slick. Then I babbled to her and apologized for babbling because I know she's ornery. I told her that. I had no paper for her to autograph. GOD DAMMIT that's why I carry my iPod everywhere! So Grace Slick can sign it OMFG GRACE SLICK SIGNED IPOD I would DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
um, when I was not really awake yet this morning (10:50 AM) I was daydreaming about meeting grace slick. I met her at the skating rink where I was supposed to go skating but thought my friends weren't there. I first freaked out OMGWTFBBQ grace slick. Then I babbled to her and apologized for babbling because I know she's ornery. I told her that. I had no paper for her to autograph. GOD DAMMIT that's why I carry my iPod everywhere! So Grace Slick can sign it OMFG GRACE SLICK SIGNED IPOD I would DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

None of your friends meet your ideal re: GS. And daydreams don't count.

Now my skating rink dream:

I had to walk across a muddy parking lot to get into the rink. A real-life rink (I rarely dream of unknown locations) that I went to as a kid. I was waiting in the que to get through the steel doors when I saw this boy with a coat on that I HAD TO HAVE. I wrestled the boy to the floor and took his coat, put it on, thern traversed the parking lot in my skates (the old roller-derby, white-boot, four-wheel skates) over wooden planks that were laid out because of the flood of muddy water. I reached the edge of the parking lot and felt triumphant.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
you secretly wish you could eat as much chocolate as a man but you fear that your husband won't let you even though he would. mysogynistic chocolate.

Actually I have TRIED to eat as much chocolate as my husband but it just makes me sick. :) And he gives it to me all the time!

Cyclops

Registered
Reaction score
I had to walk across a muddy parking lot to get into the rink. A real-life rink (I rarely dream of unknown locations) that I went to as a kid. I was waiting in the que to get through the steel doors when I saw this boy with a coat on that I HAD TO HAVE. I wrestled the boy to the floor and took his coat, put it on, thern traversed the parking lot in my skates (the old roller-derby, white-boot, four-wheel skates) over wooden planks that were laid out because of the flood of muddy water. I reached the edge of the parking lot and felt triumphant.
Your Id is speaking.
You are not taking initiative in your life. Inside you, your Id wants you to take what you want and **** the consequences. (Ids are like that, we have to ignore them a lot)

Take a day and pamper yourself. sleep late. see a movie. eat at a nice restaurant. wander about a park, or curl up with snacks and a DVD.
Steal a day for...you.

----------------------------------------------------
OK, MY dream.
I was in a vacant lot, overgrown with grass. And I met a lady vampire who was tempting me (verbally, not visually darn it) with earthly delights if I would go to a hotel room with her.
Well for some reason I knew she was a vamp, and only wanted to feed.
So I showed her a wedding ring on my hand, and declined her offer.
"Where is your wife now?" she taunted.
and then I launched into a song,

(don't remember the exact words but it was like this)
"I'm married, married, married.
You're not, you're not, you're not.
My life is really great,
Your life just sucks a lot!"

Apparently, that really hurt the vampire's feelings, and she walked away crying.
And I felt really bad, but I didn't go after her.

(In real life, I've never married.)

Xx|e|ph|e|me|r|al|xX

Bored Fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Xx| LOL! Okay. This is your deepest desire--you wish to marry. You find it to be the greatest, and you want to find that. The vampire symbolizes how a single/loveless life can "suck" so much out of you, and how she's hurt in the ends signifies how truly sad and lonely that life can be. As enticing as she is, you're not going after her--you're not going after that life again. ;)

That's actually kind of cool. *saves for future stories* Nyeheheh.

Continuing on...

Here's part one of a two part dream I had not too long ago (This is pretty long, btw. So I'll put it in a small font. If it hurts your eyes, copy+paste into a word doc and change the size. Or tell me if you think it's okay to let it go regular-sized. I just don't want to be this huge, long, annoying, attention-grabbing post. :tongue Have fun.):

I was in an airport...kind of. We were in some sort of small terminal where the seats were all lined up against the wall. We had backpack carry ons and luggage, and the plane (a tiny little jet-like thing) was sitting right in front of us, in the terminal. We were loading our things into the truck--that's right, a trunk. The butt of the plane where the jet part should be (and I think still was, strangely) came off to reveal a set of small metal shelves. It had bars that were there to hook the butt onto and hoist oneself up if you needed to reach the higher shelves.

The "we" was just a feeling that I was with a crowd, and my family.

So, I was with most of the passengers (50-some odd people, which seemed like 5-times too many for the tiny plane! But I didn't think about that in the dream, only when looking back on it), loading our luggage in. My parents and nana (grandmother, that is) were at lunch, but apparently my cousin, Audrey, was there.

We had formed a line to load our luggage into the trunk, and while I was waiting I saw a hand in the bars around the trunk (that I described earlier--I'm not sure what to call that...). I did a double take and looked closer, and saw that it was an arm, cut off at about the bicep, holding onto the bar to hold onto to pull oneself up (doesn't that kind of thing have a name? XD). It was bloody. It looked fresh, but dried. And you know Captain Hook's...well, hook? Picture that in thin wrought iron. It went through the forearm, somehow. I got the sense/thought, "Geez, what happened? Was somebody holding onto that in mid-flight and flew off or something?" Needless to say I kind of freaked out, finished loading, and ran to the lunchroom (picture a mall food court...) where my parents and nana were. I sat down and ate and told them about it. When we came back, they investigated. Then I heard Audrey's voice perfectly clearly saying, really casually and off handedly, "Yeah, there's an arm in there." I don't see her that often. I think I had this dream the night after a family get together where I saw her, and that's why it was so fresh in my mind. Still seemed awfully strange.

But believe it or not, this isn't over yet.

We got on the plane anyway. Skip to flying around. We were flying low and somewhat recklessly, doing barrel rolls and flips occasionally, and we flew by a theme park on a mountain/cliff. We were just a little higher than the highest peak of this big, fun-looking roller coaster (I love roller coasters, you see). A few other people and I all oohed and awed at it, and pilot said we'd take a pitstop there. Next scene, we've landed and parked in a parking spot (XD) outside the information center/entrance/place to buy tickets. We all got out and did whatever. What we did wasn't really in the dream; it just skipped forward to the take-off scene...

Again, I'm the only one (and perhaps Audrey's there as well) there, the others are elsewhere. The little plane is preparing for take off. Somehow, it's out at the edge of a wheat/corn field with the trails leading back through it and farm equipment and barns visible down in it. All these people (some of which I think were farmers...) are around the plane and trying to set up a runway for it. the first runway they try ends up too short and curved. The pilot says no-go and the plane turns and suddenly there's another "runway" there. This one's way too short and there's a tractor and barn blocking the way. BLINK. Barn's demolished, tractor's destroyed. Pilot gives the no-go because he still couldn't get off the ground before running into the rubbish. The last one isn't perfectly straight, but it's long and he thinks it will do. He decides to take a test take off.

Here, I wake up, go "o_O", repeat it to myself so I can remember it, and fall back to sleep.

Commence part two.

I'll save part two for later. After typing, it's way, way too long. Double this length, which is already pretty long. I have such long dreams!

Good luck. :p |xX

Danger Jane

Registered
Reaction score
You wish you could rip off the arm of a family member and stick it on a plane as the wing.

Worst dream of my LIFE:

I was five. Partly inspired by some animal show on the discovery channel (I was an insomniac), partly by an animated ben hur movie.

I'm at my grandma's. This roman soldier has a huge gila monster that hypnotizes my whole family and I'm screaming PUT YOUR FINGERS IN YOUR EARS! CLOSE YOUR EYES!! DON'T LISTEN TO IT! (to what?? no idea.) But it hypnotized everybody. It was my first dream that had nighttime in it.

seven41

Registered
Reaction score
I'm at my grandma's. This roman soldier has a huge gila monster that hypnotizes my whole family and I'm screaming PUT YOUR FINGERS IN YOUR EARS! CLOSE YOUR EYES!! DON'T LISTEN TO IT! (to what?? no idea.) But it hypnotized everybody. It was my first dream that had nighttime in it.

Since this happened when you were five, it isn't really relevant today, but it does reveal your insecurity with respect to going to your grandmother's. Something there caused you to believe the worst might happen.

This will be the only post I make on this thread since I am in the process of writing a book on how to do dream interpretations. A couple of the ones above are not too bad, but unless you know the dreamer it is a near impossibility to give a specific interpretation as to what a dream means.
To make my point, I am going to give you a dream I was told by an internet friend, my interpretation, and her response.

My husband and I were in a junkyard or garbage dump. There were buildings there which were deserted and the windows were all broken out. As we passed by two of them, I looked down into the space between them and saw what appeared to be a dead child. I couldn't get down to where it was, so I went into one of the buildings and went downstairs until I could get to where the child lay. I was a boy of five or six years. He had died of malnutrition. This should never have happened and we went and told the police who came and took care of the body and arrested the owners.

My interpretation was that she and her husband were in a consciousness where they disposed of unused or unwanted things. She had to go into an old consciousness and into the subconscious in order to find the dead boy. So, it follows that they had started something five or six years earlier, but after a time it had been allowed to die from neglect. Calling the police and having the owners arrested was simply a means of justifying the end of the project whatever it was.

Her response was that she and her husband had started a business six years earlier and were now in the process of closing it down because neither of them had the time to spend on it anymore. She was sorry to see it die.

Now for my dreams(there are 3): 1. I woke up and went to the bathroom to take a pee. When I got there, I discovered I had no penis. 2. Imagine yourself with no penis (words only) 3. This was like the first: I woke up and went to the bathroom to take a pee. When I got there, I discovered I had no penis and I was wearing a bra, panties, garter belt, and stockings. END

I already know the interpretation, but you guys take a shot at it and see how you do.

Seven

Last edited:

Angelinity

absent
Registered
Reaction score
erm... has your boss been making advances? :D

kidding. not really... okay, kidding.

Last edited: