PDA

View Full Version : You're All as Boring as Bat...

JJ Cooper
08-04-2007, 06:05 PM
So prove me wrong.

Apart from writing, what interesting things have you done lately.

Ie. Bungee jumped, found a bargain at the two dollar shop, watched your child score a goal in the big game. You know what I mean.

Must be something else that keeps you ticking.

Are you really boring?

JJ

Azraelsbane
08-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Well, I must have been doing SOMETHING interesting, because I just got a positive on a pregnancy test this morning. :D

JJ Cooper
08-04-2007, 06:15 PM
Sensational. I'm glad you waited until I posted this thread before you told everyone. What great news. What did the significant other say?

JJ

Just Mike
08-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Are you really boring?

Yes.

Well, I must have been doing SOMETHING interesting, because I just got a positive on a pregnancy test this morning. :D
Congratulations.:hooray:

Azraelsbane
08-04-2007, 06:19 PM
What did the significant other say?

JJ

He is excited and hopeful. We lost a baby about 2 years ago, and while this pretty much kills my chances for Beijing, we just really want a baby. He doesn't know about it yet (ugh, don't tell that I spilled to AW first!). He is in Atlanta being a temp manager at one of their Apple stores during tax free week. I sent him a text to call me, but he must be busy.

robeiae
08-04-2007, 06:21 PM
I ate a bug.

JJ Cooper
08-04-2007, 06:28 PM
He is excited and hopeful. We lost a baby about 2 years ago, and while this pretty much kills my chances for Beijing, we just really want a baby. He doesn't know about it yet (ugh, don't tell that I spilled to AW first!). He is in Atlanta being a temp manager at one of their Apple stores during tax free week. I sent him a text to call me, but he must be busy.

Wow. You must be so excited. I was overseas (I think) when I found out that my wife was pregnant with the first one. Been away for six months when she rang to say she was three months pregnant.

Robbie, okay what king of bug?

JJ

SherryTex
08-04-2007, 06:28 PM
I took my seventh to the ER last night, have decided to wean the 8th as a result, as I can't nurse and nursemaid a broken colar bone at the same time. I also cancelled plans to go to a family wedding next weekend because of the same injury to my toddler, which meant cancelling a six hour road trip for a four day stay at a hotel and a visit to Niagra Falls. Could I please be boring? Please?

RumpleTumbler
08-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Today has already been super exciting. So far I've gotten up, had two cups of instant decaf coffee, mmmmm. I have squashed my fierce beastie into the sofa on numerous occasions and played "fetch the tennis ball but don't bring it back because you want me to chase you." I have brushed my teeth. Just after pressing "post quick reply" I will be getting into the shower. Then I'm going to get some breakfast, get a haircut, take clothes to the cleaners, go grocery shopping, and then I'm off to the dog park. Could life be any more exciting?

JJ Cooper
08-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Okay Sherrytex. You're not boring. Get the wiggles DVD and you'll be fine.

JJ

JJ Cooper
08-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Today has already been super exciting. So far I've gotten up, had two cups of instant decaf coffee, mmmmm. I have squashed my fierce beastie into the sofa on numerous occasions and played "fetch the tennis ball but don't bring it back because you want me to chase you." I have brushed my teeth. Just after pressing "post quick reply" I will be getting into the shower. Then I'm going to get some breakfast, get a haircut, take clothes to the cleaners, go grocery shopping, and then I'm off to the dog park. Could life be any more exciting?

Sounds like a routine there, mate. Now if you had of said that you brushed your teeth with the opposite hand, we'll think that exciting.

JJ

Angelinity
08-04-2007, 06:38 PM
Been away for six months when she rang to say she was three months pregnant.

JJ

... they're all God's children you know :D

JJ Cooper
08-04-2007, 06:41 PM
... they're all God's children you know :D

Like - oh God, oh God..don't stop. Yep, heard it heaps of times.:)

JJ

Angelinity
08-04-2007, 06:45 PM
Like - oh God, oh God..don't stop. Yep, heard it heaps of times.:)

JJ

exactly! ;)

JJ Cooper
08-04-2007, 06:47 PM
exactly! ;)

So when were you in Aus next Angel. Just curious.

JJ

Angelinity
08-04-2007, 07:00 PM
So when were you in Aus next Angel. Just curious.

JJ

2012. i hear aussies got the best chances.

robeiae
08-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Robbie, okay what king of bug?
Dunno. But it buzzed...at first.

rhymegirl
08-04-2007, 07:22 PM
I went scuba diving with sharks. Just a routine kinda night.

Siddow
08-04-2007, 07:53 PM
I had pizza for breakfast, after a 12-hour nap. Yep, hubby managed the kids while I went to bed at *gasp* 7:30 last night.

Oh, wait. That's boring. Or slothful.

Okay! I sinned. How's that for exciting? :)

Danger Jane
08-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Sloth is the MOST BORINGEST sin.

I got to talk to the department of homeland security because I lost a ring when I was going through security at O'Hare. Have to call them back.

also I litsen to a lot of jefferson airplane

Salem
08-04-2007, 08:32 PM
I worked until 10:30 last night (terribly boring) but when I got home I went for a midnight swim. It's not the most exciting thing, but it's so relaxing to float on your back and stare up at the star. (No, I didn't leave out the "s" at the end of star--I live in Southern California.)

However, I did see something interesting. A fight broke out between two customers right in front of the makeup counter I work at. It was really crowded and they were both trying to look at the lipstick unit and got into a screaming and shoving match over who was there first.

Prior to that stellar day yesterday, I have actually bunji jumped twice, done makeup for the Gene Simmons show, been on four episodes of Days Of Our Lives, and helped smuggle a stolen Mercedes into Mexico (unknowingly, of course).

reigningcatsndogs
08-04-2007, 08:40 PM
I built an electric fence this week, did some wiring in the shed, drew up the designs for the new deck, fish pond and gazebo, and taught my koi to 'give me kisses' on the hand when they want to eat -- someone has to kiss me. Oh, and I scraped a dead bat off the siding of the garage.
Hell, I really really am bloody boring!!!!

William Haskins
08-04-2007, 08:43 PM
i'm also pregnant.

aadams73
08-04-2007, 09:31 PM
i'm also pregnant.

I can't wait till that thing comes out. Should turn your mangina into quite an interesting balloon toy.

JoNightshade
08-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Well the most exciting thing I've done lately was stop for a couple hours and help a homeless woman who was freaking out. I... don't usually do these things. Well, I did do it, so I guess maybe I do.

Before that... oh yeah, before that we went to Disneyland! I love Disneyland!

Before that... my dad (who is seriously invincible) had a heart attack. I don't need my life to be that exciting, thanks.

Before that... my (newly purchased old) car broke down and on his way to rescue me, my husband crashed our other car and totaled it so for a while we had 0.5 cars. Getting home after that incident was... interesting. But we got mine fixed so now we just have the one. :)

How far shall I go back? :)

Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS to Azraelsbane! A good friend of mine has been trying to get pregnant for 2 years and lost a pregnancy a year ago, so I've seen how that goes. Anyways I wish you the best this time around! Yay, babies! I'm glad other people have them, and not me! (For now, anyway...)

swvaughn
08-05-2007, 06:53 AM
I'm boring.

Also, I have a headache.

Shwebb
08-05-2007, 07:03 AM
i'm also pregnant.With what, William? Meaning? Promise? Hope?

This week I had hand surgery, my husband's grandmother died, and I had a tooth pulled. But most exciting was seeing my husband do dishes this week.

Jersey Chick
08-05-2007, 07:29 AM
Hmmm... this week, nothing too exciting. Took my 6 year old to a fair and rode the Tilt-A-Whirl. Wanted to barf when the ride stopped - which then made me sad because I used to be able to ride that thing nonstop. I must be getting old.

I did go parasailing a few years ago - in the Bahamas. Coolest. Thing. Ever.

Soccer Mom
08-05-2007, 07:38 AM
I....wrote something. Submitted something. Took the kids to the park. Ordered pizza for dinner.

Yup. I'm boring.

Jean Marie
08-05-2007, 07:43 AM
I didn't do squat, today. Except watch golf. I like Tiger.

And now and then try and figure out this freakin' site/server, which won't work.

I didn't even go to the gym, or work on my wip or walk my pup.

Fenika
08-05-2007, 08:30 AM
I bought 10 rolls of non-climb fencing for $2,000. And, nearly an hour later, I drove away with only 6 rolls (don't ask) :)

Only a month til student loans are released, thankfully, b/c I need a lot more material to put up that fence ;)

Oh, and I'm hopefully closing on a farmette on Wednesday-Thursday. :hooray:

And in related news, my horse dumped me yesterday and I thought I'd lost a kidney cuz I hit so hard. Didn't pee blood, so no worries. :tongue (The things we do for love)

Cheers,
Christina

JoNightshade
08-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Hmmm... this week, nothing too exciting. Took my 6 year old to a fair and rode the Tilt-A-Whirl. Wanted to barf when the ride stopped - which then made me sad because I used to be able to ride that thing nonstop. I must be getting old.

Oh man, most depressing thing EVER. Happened to me, too.

Jersey Chick
08-05-2007, 08:42 AM
That's one of the things no one ever warns you about -

"Yeah, you know those rides you always loved?"
"Uh-huh"
"Guess again..."

rats

MMcC
08-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Got some morning nookie and then made two cursing candles with the leftover energy.

So today would be a really bad time to piss me off. :D

writerterri
08-05-2007, 01:08 PM
i'm also pregnant.

Tramp.

dpaterso
08-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Yesterday I went nude skydiving for the first time, I expected it to be kinda cold up there, but do you know the air friction actually burns you? When I landed I was totally hairless, and I'm red as a lobster now (cue chorus of "Love Me Tender"). Next weekend the entire all-male nude skydiving team is going to perform its world-famous "Big Bang" display, they tell me I'm going to be first out of the plane! What an honor to have "pole position" so soon!

So, JJ, what's your current excitement?

-Derek

ALLWritety
08-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Haskins
i'm also pregnant.

Can I be your manager?

Kev.

ALLWritety
08-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh BTW
I had a major water fight with all the kids from my chruch. I got totally drenched as the little rascals ganged up on me!

kevvers.

Inky
08-05-2007, 03:14 PM
I've been packing/prepping/organizing/going absolutely mad: Tuesday, I'm moving to Turkey. How's THAT for eventful?

JJ Cooper
08-05-2007, 04:05 PM
Yesterday I went nude skydiving for the first time, I expected it to be kinda cold up there, but do you know the air friction actually burns you? When I landed I was totally hairless, and I'm red as a lobster now (cue chorus of "Love Me Tender"). Next weekend the entire all-male nude skydiving team is going to perform its world-famous "Big Bang" display, they tell me I'm going to be first out of the plane! What an honor to have "pole position" so soon!

So, JJ, what's your current excitement?

-Derek

Nice one Derek. You made me cringe.

Weekend is almost over here so let me just fill you in what I got up to. Bought a new car, watched my brother score a goal in a big soccer match, took the family to a carnival, watched Shrek the Third and warmed up with some scotch.

Also just found out that my sister wants me to go to USA with her next year for a couple of weeks to visit heaps of relatives we have there.

JJ

JJ Cooper
08-05-2007, 04:08 PM
I went scuba diving with sharks. Just a routine kinda night.

I bet they were really little sharks, right?

JJ

JJ Cooper
08-05-2007, 04:12 PM
I pressed 110 lbs x 12 reps on the decline bench. Okay, that's still pretty boring, but at least it helps this 57-year-old gal feel that she isn't completely falling apart.

Yet. :)

That's not too bad. Have you tried raising the weight and lowering the reps or lowering the weight and raising the reps. Don't know what I just said but I overhear these type of things when my wife talks to her clients. She's a personal fitness trainer and I'm her lazy husband.

JJ

JJ Cooper
08-05-2007, 04:15 PM
I worked until 10:30 last night (terribly boring) but when I got home I went for a midnight swim. It's not the most exciting thing, but it's so relaxing to float on your back and stare up at the star. (No, I didn't leave out the "s" at the end of star--I live in Southern California.)

However, I did see something interesting. A fight broke out between two customers right in front of the makeup counter I work at. It was really crowded and they were both trying to look at the lipstick unit and got into a screaming and shoving match over who was there first.

Prior to that stellar day yesterday, I have actually bunji jumped twice, done makeup for the Gene Simmons show, been on four episodes of Days Of Our Lives, and helped smuggle a stolen Mercedes into Mexico (unknowingly, of course).

Now all of that is exciting (except the Days of Our Lives thing).

JJ

reigningcatsndogs
08-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Tuesday, I'm moving to Turkey.
**sigh** and I just get to live with them:flag:

rhymegirl
08-05-2007, 08:59 PM
I bet they were really little sharks, right?

JJ

Sure. They were cute little sharks. I named them all, too.

Finny, Jawsy, Whitey, Nibbles, Black-eyed Bruce, and Cuddles.

Inky
08-05-2007, 09:36 PM
Sure. They were cute little sharks. I named them all, too.

Finny, Jawsy, Whitey, Nibbles, Black-eyed Bruce, and Cuddles.
This just before she slipped off the sailboat with scuba gear. Rhymegirl was under the impression that by naming Great White Sharks, they'd sing Kumbaya, arcing into the air, a real SeaWorld moment.

da dum da dum dadumdadumdadum......oh SNAP! What big TEETH you have, Nibbles!

wyntermoon
08-05-2007, 09:44 PM
I packed my eldest off to Space Camp in Ala. last night. She's looking forward to Tang.

Up in the air, junior birdman!

davids
08-06-2007, 12:05 AM
i'm also pregnant.

I think I might be the father!

Joe270
08-06-2007, 12:20 AM
i'm also pregnant.

Haskins, if you're standing up to pee on the stick, you wasted your money on the pregnancy test.

Salem
08-06-2007, 01:07 AM
I think I might be the father!

Oh, great. Is this going to be like the Anna Nicole thing where everyone suddenly steps up and claims to be the father?

EriRae
08-06-2007, 01:54 AM
So prove me wrong.

Apart from writing, what interesting things have you done lately.

Ie. Bungee jumped, found a bargain at the two dollar shop, watched your child score a goal in the big game. You know what I mean.

Must be something else that keeps you ticking.

Are you really boring?

JJ

Well, last night when I got online and didn't see a new chapter to crit for JJ, I cried a bit, and went to bed. What, that's not exciting?

Most fun thing I did this week was create a myspace page and hook up w/ some old friends I haven't seen in awhile. It's public for now, if you guys want to check it out.

Yeah, I'm a geek. Just me and my computer and the voices in my head...lol :)

Fingers
08-06-2007, 02:04 AM
Monday, I went fishing.
Tuesday I went fishing and dropped my 300 dollar digital camera into the mighty Columbia River and killed it.
Wednesday was too hot so I stayed home.
Thursday was too hot so I stayed home.
Friday I went fishing.
Saturday I went fishing.
Today Im resting.

Did I win? huh? Did I?

yer pal Brian

thethinker42
08-06-2007, 02:21 AM
I had a mature conversation with scarletpeaches that was free of any references to parakeets, male genitalia, or Joaquin Phoenix.

eldragon
08-06-2007, 02:25 AM
I am thrilled to be bored for a two-week nursing school breather.

I just passed the third block (with a B) which sounds easier than you might think. For instance: our class started out with 26 students last January, and there are only 9 of us left.

So it's an accomplishment.

So far all my classes have been B's, except one A.

davids
08-06-2007, 02:28 AM
Oh, great. Is this going to be like the Anna Nicole thing where everyone suddenly steps up and claims to be the father?

I demand a test-any test'll do but preferably high octane alright?

thethinker42
08-06-2007, 02:28 AM

Congrats!! Now pass the "get knocked up" dust over here...

Hillary
08-06-2007, 04:45 AM
My mum called to tell me the dedication for her next book. It will read:

"To my children, Hillary and Caleb, who donated their hearts so Clementine could come alive."

To some, it may seem like I personally didn't DO anything... But viewed through the proper lens, it's evident I cut open my chest, ripped out my own heart, stuck it in an 8-year-old, and we both lived to tell the tale.

Top that, fuckers.

MonaLeigh
08-06-2007, 04:55 AM
Today we went to the Park Avenue Festival for the first time. I bought a red pottery coffee cup and incense. (Usually I'm too lazy to walk around a festival)

Williebee
08-06-2007, 04:58 AM
Night before last I watched my wife stop breathing twice. Once she started again on her own. The next time I helped her.

I'm still not sure I did the right thing.

RumpleTumbler
08-06-2007, 05:50 AM
I had a mature conversation with scarletpeaches that was free of any references to parakeets, male genitalia, or Joaquin Phoenix.

For the final test load this (http://www.murrasaca.com/colonoscopy.htm) up as your home page at work.

Joe270
08-06-2007, 06:18 AM
Night before last I watched my wife stop breathing twice. Once she started again on her own. The next time I helped her.

I'm still not sure I did the right thing.

Jeez, Willie, take your pillow off your wife's face already.

thethinker42
08-06-2007, 06:24 AM
For the final test load this (http://www.murrasaca.com/colonoscopy.htm) up as your home page at work.

I'll pass.

I'd rather use my butterfly feeding frenzy slide show. LOL

Tika
08-06-2007, 06:25 AM
Bats are not boring. If you think so, come out on our boat with us at dusk. I'll bet you duck more than I will!

I don't mind them at all, as long as they don't come any closer than a few feet away. It's when they do the last minute change of direction just before they crash into your head that bothers me.

Had one slap right into my cheek once. And yikes! I was in the house. That was grossssssssssss.

ok, now what did I do today? I filled the hummingbird feeder and ate turkey for dinner.

Tika

akiwiguy
08-06-2007, 06:29 AM

Sounds a bit boring.

thethinker42
08-06-2007, 06:33 AM
Sounds a bit boring.

I didn't say what ELSE we were talking about.

akiwiguy
08-06-2007, 06:34 AM
Yeah yeah... gerbils, FEmale genitalia and Orlando Bloom I suppose.

thethinker42
08-06-2007, 06:45 AM
Yeah yeah... gerbils, FEmale genitalia and Orlando Bloom I suppose.

Orlando Bloom? Blech. Gerbils? Hate 'em.

Wintermule
08-06-2007, 10:42 AM
I managed to burn down my backyard while attempting to imitate a scene from a movie. Was a flaming sword battle. At the time I thought that pouring gasoline all over a stick and waving it was an excellent idea. Just like how it's smart to throw stuff at cars...from your own front yard.

Shady Lane
08-06-2007, 10:58 AM
I got my PICC line out, and now I have a scar that looks just like a crying smiley face.

JJ Cooper
08-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Bats are not boring. If you think so, come out on our boat with us at dusk. I'll bet you duck more than I will!

I don't mind them at all, as long as they don't come any closer than a few feet away. It's when they do the last minute change of direction just before they crash into your head that bothers me.

Had one slap right into my cheek once. And yikes! I was in the house. That was grossssssssssss.

ok, now what did I do today? I filled the hummingbird feeder and ate turkey for dinner.

Tika

It a saying here Tika - 'Boring as Batshit'. I didn't want to cause any grief with the full title.

JJ

JJ Cooper
08-06-2007, 03:40 PM
My mum called to tell me the dedication for her next book. It will read:

"To my children, Hillary and Caleb, who donated their hearts so Clementine could come alive."

To some, it may seem like I personally didn't DO anything... But viewed through the proper lens, it's evident I cut open my chest, ripped out my own heart, stuck it in an 8-year-old, and we both lived to tell the tale.

Top that, fuckers.

The things we do for our Mums.:)

I think Haskins may have topped you though Hillary. He's pregnant.

JJ

JJ Cooper
08-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Monday, I went fishing.
Tuesday I went fishing and dropped my 300 dollar digital camera into the mighty Columbia River and killed it.
Wednesday was too hot so I stayed home.
Thursday was too hot so I stayed home.
Friday I went fishing.
Saturday I went fishing.
Today Im resting.

Did I win? huh? Did I?

yer pal Brian

That's fairly exciting, being a professional fishing photographer. Absent from your post is what you caught.

JJ

Bmwhtly
08-06-2007, 03:49 PM
So prove me wrong.

Apart from writing, what interesting things have you done lately.Well, I...

ummmm

How bout the...

*slinks away, hoping no one noticed*

JJ Cooper
08-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, I...

ummmm

How bout the...

*slinks away, hoping no one noticed*

Don't worry mate. I'll keep it to myself.

JJ

MattW
08-06-2007, 05:08 PM
I am a wildman - I ate papaya for breakfast.

JJ Cooper
08-06-2007, 05:11 PM
Always took you for being the wild type - with a mug like that.

JJ

RumpleTumbler
08-06-2007, 06:16 PM
I am a wildman - I ate papaya for breakfast.

I had shredded wheat with a banana cut up in it bathing in silk milk.

Wood, fruit and fake milk trump papaya.

*Beating chest*