Satyr preserved in salt?

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like a genetic deformity to me, also if the person died in his latter years, with extensive loss of calcium, severe arthritis, badly healed injuries, tooth and jaw problems can all account for the distortions.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Hmm, gotta say he just looks like a guy to me. It's not like men with small noses and big chins are that rare? I was expecting horns or hairy legs or something.

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I was kinda disappointed myself. I was expecting to see Satyr-like legs, but all they're showing is his head and it doesn't look too odd to me. Maybe not handsome, but it's not like I've seen lots of salt-preserved mummies! He may be the norm! :) Then again, who is to say what a Satyr would really look like?

It's kinda funny. Nearly everyone is familiar with artistic interpretations of Jesus. In fact, my hubby used to hear pretty regularly that he favored him quite a bit, at least until he cut his hair. Then I watched a documentary on what Jesus most likely looked like and there were no similarities. The idea of the lean, angular face, elegant features and flowing hair was replaced with a supposedly more realistic, heavy boned, broad face and thick, curly hair cut short. Who knows?

The idea of proving the existence of a Satyr did spark my interest, though. :D

Last edited: