Michael Vick indicted for dog fighting

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I'm very disappointed. Which is stupid. Just because I enjoying watching someone play doesn't mean I need to be impressed with them as a person. But I want to be.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I still don't get why dog and/or cockfighting should be illegal.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Because the Bible tells us so, Big Dog.

Mr. Fix

Fixed on the future...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
What!?!

I'm soooo disappointed in your Dclary...

Maybe it's illegal because it's cruel, vicious and not at all nice! Humans want to get into a ring and beat each-other to a pulp - Fine! They can make that choice.

But using an animals own instincts to entertain an group of neanderthals, these animals have no choice in their actions, we do!

you need to visit the ASPCA web site some time http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer

:rant:

Last edited:

davids

Banned
Reaction score
I'm soooo disappointed in your Dclary...

Maybe it's illegal because it's cruel, vicious and not at all nice! Humans want to get into a ring and beat each-other to a pulp - Fine! they can make that choice.

But using an animals own instincts to entertain an group of neanderthals, these animals have no choice in their actions, we do!

you need to visit the ASPCA web site some time http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer

:rant:

Well said could not agree more!

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
That's why you're such a charmer, d. Probably want to drop that from your platform when you and Billy run.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Ugh, that's disgusting. Anyone who thinks watching something get killed is a form of entertainment is sick. Mentally.

And no, movies are different. They're NOT REAL.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I kicked a Rotweiller in the balls once. Caught him square with the top of my boot just as he left the ground to lunge. I didn't feel bad about it all. The dog sure did. I was damned glad he wasn't neutered beforehand, or I would've been dead meat.

If we applied the same technique on people who use animals to fight for sport, why the practice would end in no time.

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
I kicked a Rotweiller in the balls once. Caught him square with the top of my boot just as he left the ground to lunge. I didn't feel bad about it all. The dog sure did. I was damned glad he wasn't neutered beforehand, or I would've been dead meat.

If we applied the same technique on people who use animals to fight for sport, why the practice would end in no time.

Have them neutered?

Mr. Fix

Fixed on the future...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
He was licking his WHAT!?!

No, I don't think they have any, that's why they use dogs. To prove something that they can't - how tough they are!

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com

That's just sad. I sincerely hope that post was meant for shock value and doesn't represent the real dclary.

If it does, well, that's just sad.

Bloodletting for sport is feral and debasing. Taking pleasure in the suffering of another creature is a sign of a skewed moral compass in my humble opinion.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
Before anyone else spends time on this subject, they may want to read some enlightening posts in a similar thread that appeared in the Politics forum not long ago.

Last edited:

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
The indictment, I think, is telling. And, by the way, just how many friends do YOU have with a nickname like "Ookie"?

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Why? I don't plan on courting the dog vote.

Just the quarterback vote?

Pertinent quote:
New Falcons staff evaluating talent on roster January 18

Atlanta Journal-Constitution: "One thing's certain; quarterback Michael Vick is not getting traded. He's not getting cut. He's not going anywhere. Barring injury, Vick is the Falcons' starting quarterback."
Notice this doesn't say injury to WHO or WHAT. There may well have been some career-ending injury involving Michael Vick. What'll it be this season, the gridiron, or iron bars? Only his hairdresser prosecutor knows for sure.

Inkdaub

wrapped in plastic
Registered
Reaction score
Past where the river bends, past where the silo st
Dog fighting is animal cruelty and no mistake. How could it not be? Clary's argument that it should be viewed the same as boxing or UFC is absurd. Boxers and UFC fighters choose their professions while animals do not. A boxing match or a UFC match doesn't end when the loser is killed. A boxer or UFC fighter isn't killed if he loses a few times. A boxer or UFC fighter isn't kept in a cage without food and regularly mistreated to encourage ferocity. There was an argument that the dogs are not paid and the boxers are...which Clary countered by saying the dogs live well and so do the boxers. This statement makes me think Clary isn't serious. Anyway...I am firmly in the anti-dog fighting camp.

Now, Michael Vick. Vick is a gifted athlete who has a problem with injuries. In fact, Vick seems to hit the IR anytime anyone tackles him. Vick also doesn't win as much as it was hoped he would. The word 'overrated' is made for a guy like Michael Vick. So, if Michael Vick were a fighting dog he would be killed for being injured and losing too often.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
That's Mitah Bick. He said so on the news.

Not amusing.

#

Dclary said:

Instead of hashing this argument out again, why don't you write up your vision of the comprehensive Dogfighting Rules and Regulation book? I've heard you out on this before, I think you need to be somewhat clearer.

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
Not amusing.

You're right about that. I think he should learn to speak English. He has no excuses, I think there is plenty of money to hire a tutor, books, whatever he needs. That state of the world is really pathetic when people start defending ignorance without excuse under the guise of racism.